Water Parks

Mcterry

Earning My Ears
We will be going to a Disney water park for the first time in May. I have a 7 year old 48 inch and a 5 year old 44 inch kid. Which park would you recommend?

Both are excellent, however, I'll give the nod/preference for Typhoon Lagoon if choosing one over the other.

This is discussed a lot on the board. Not at all being "snarky", but I would definitely recommend doing a quick search for "Water park" or Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. You'll find tons of info. Cliff notes....

Many water park veterans like myself say it's pretty much 50/50. We've been to each one more times than I can remember. BB has a better "organized" kids area called Ski Patrol, which is fun for kids ages 4-10. However, TL also has a fun kids area. TL also has a far better wave pool and some pretty cool slides. So it really is 50/50.

BB seems to get the nod on these forums for younger kids, but only by a little. I'm picking TL for my 8 yo partly for sentimental reasons (bc that's where I went as a kid) and mostly for theming reasons: the lush tropical paradise feel of TL is just more appealing to me. If theming matters to you, you can take a preview "walk" around both water parks via Google Maps: https://www.abc15.com/news/national...ew-360-degree-panoramas-on-google-street-view

With kids that young, I’d go with blizzard beach. The wave pool at TL is quite rough and they would likely need to be at the edge ( you get knocked down). The kids area at BB is great, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!