Watts going to happen :- Day 1

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
Cast.
Katy - that's me, I'm 27 (I think! just had to sit here and count!!) been a Disney fan since my parents first took me to Disney 14 years ago
Anthony - My DH (28), Until I took him to Florida (September 11th 2001- yes that was an experience!!) he believed Disney was for kids - he's now a convert
Molly-Ann (2 1/2 going on 12!)She's our princess, our world!. princess:

Ok well after the initial panic last night, I decided to do what I do best.....plan & organise! :teeth:
Right if she is going to be ill I need a bowl (the only plastic thing I can find is a 4 litre ice cream tub!!! :rotfl: ). I decided it would be best to take another hand luggage bag as we had only packed 1 bag for all 3 of us. So in my bag I put - 1 ice cream tub, 2 changes of clothes for Molly, 1 change of clothes for me, 1 change of clothes for Ant, a towel, a kitchen roll,a toilet roll, wipes, wash bag (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush etc) & a hairbrush! - well you cant be to prepared.........we'll just pretend she gets travel sick!!!

5am and I sit bolt upright - go into complete panic that she's not woken all night, and I do what us mothers do best - go in to see if she is ok and wake her in the process!! - she's fine and all seems well so it looks like we are going to DLRP after all!!!!! :cool1: We all get up, washed & dressed and leave the house by 6.30am - its a 2 hour drive to Ashford from ours (we are in Essex), Molly slept most of the drive & she's not quite herself. Now the car park at Ashford starts at the bottom & works up so we park on floor 2E (Remember 2E!) & catch the lift up to level 5. Our tickets are waiting for us & we go straight through. We had about an hours wait & bordered the train in an orderly fashion.
The train journey was quite uneventful, I had a window seat & Ant had the aisle seat (Molly was on my lap). There was a rather large lady that came and stood in the aisle next to Ant - she was talking to some people behind us, She had this really annoying tendency to lean over and put her butt in the air (which was kinda in DH's face!) She practically sat on him!!!! :rotfl2: when the train moved from side to side - poor DH he didn't know where to look! - she must have been there a good hour!

When we arrived we headed straight for our hotel ' The Hotel Cheyenne' - by getting on one of those yellow busses that are just outside the train station. Molly kept asking when we were going to see the mouse, but I really wanted to get to our room & unpack first. To our amazement when we entered the main entrance there was Minnie Mouse! :Pinkbounc How cool is that, I was so impressed & this was a great start to the holiday. So we get to the front desk, I make the mistake of saying 'bonjour' - My French must be good case the man started talking to me in French! - I know I got a French GCSE & had private French lessons - but I cant remember a word - So I said I was very sorry & could he repeat in English please - we dont have you down.........WHAT!...........just one moment please, & with that he went behind closed doors - then another man followed him - they come back, look at the paper work & off they go again! arrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I just want to go to my room, unpack, start my holiday.......why is nothing ever simple?. Some 10 minutes later they find the paper work, with my room key & off we go.

Our room is good, clean & enough room for the 3 of us. We unpack, change and head for the parks. Now this is Molly's first time of anything like this & I have no idea how she will react. She has been looking through our Disney photos for weeks but nothing can really prepare you for the real thing. We entered the park at 3.45pm (after a quick MD's in the Disney village) the streets were lined with people waiting for the parade so we decided to join them. As the parade started her face was a picture when she saw Minnie & Mickey arrive on their float - This is what Disney is all about for me, the music is fantastic (so much so we bought the CD) the colours, the smiling faces 'dancin' a catchy rhythm, singing a happy song'.
After the parade I have to take my princess on the best ride in Disney - I want this to be a positive experience for her, so off to small world :flower: .....she seems to like it, she's still a little lethargic & wants to go to sleep!!!! NO! you cant sleep you have to enjoy yourself! poor little might......We did Pinocchio next, this is VERY dark but molly was fine, We did the horses & dumbo (this was molly's favourite ride) before leaving around 6.30pm. We decided to eat in the hotel we had BBQ chicken, ribs, corn, beans. It could have been hotter but it might just be because the que was so slow. Molly cant have been that poorly as all she wants to do is go & play on the cart - she's not eaten anything all day, but I'm happy to go along with that now. We were all asleep by 9.00pm..

A much more positive installment... phew! It sounds like your first day at DLRP was a success, and I really enjoyed reading this. :) I hope Molly eats something "tomorrow"!

Looking forward to day two!

Good to know Molly made a good recovery. Was very impressed by your excellent planning to cover all eventualities!!! Looking forward to the next installment!! :sunny:

Great start (though I am LOL at the icecream tub! My DD gets travel sick so I fully understand what you mean ;) )

Can't wait to read the next part, thank goodness Molly-Ann is feeling better :)

Thank goodness Molly-Ann is feeling better!:sunny: I'm so glad she loved the parade.

Glad to hear that Molly is on the mend. The mental picture of a tub larger than a child's head, is quite funny :teeth: Especially as in the back of our car we have the same, a potty, toilet roll, kitchen roll etc etc

Reid

Cyrano said:
in the back of our car we have the same, a potty, toilet roll, kitchen roll etc etc

Reid
You really should remember to go before you leave home Reid!!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter