Watts going to happen - Day 2 (14/06/05)

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
Cast.
Katy - that's me, I'm 27 (I think! just had to sit here and count!!) been a Disney fan since my parents first took me to Disney 14 years ago
Anthony - My DH (28), Until I took him to Florida (September 11th 2001- yes that was an experience!!) he believed Disney was for kids - he's now a convert
Molly-Ann (2 1/2 going on 12!)She's our princess, our world!. princess:

I forgot to add that last night we found our way to the Santa fe hotel where we went round to the main road and found the petrol station - here we stocked up on basics milk,bread, (they didn't sell butter), water...I wasnt sure if we could drink the water or not so bought some anyway, crisps & chocolate......real healthy holiday food! :rotfl2:
Molly woke us at 6am (she does this normally!) & breakfast was at 7.30. We managed to get behind a bunch of school kids in the breakfast que - which was not a good experience :sad2: Ho hum. Molly decided not to eat again! so we said she could go and play on the cart (we were sat at the table next to it) Molly made friends with a very sweet little French girl (she must have been about 4/5 years old) - she kept coming over and talking to me in French....I have no idea what she was saying! I just smiled. She kissed Molly goodbye & came over and said 'thankyou for letting me play with her' how sweet is that! .
We caught the bus again today and because of the early breakfast we arrived nice & early (about 9.00am). Now is it just me or do others get really pissed off with those blokes selling things out side?! Has any one ever bought one of those Cr*P little cats? has anyone ever 'accidentally kicked one'? DH decided to take photos of them! (talking of photos how do I add them to my trip reports?)
It was nice to have time to just wander round outside & take photos. Once we entered the park we walked up main street taking it all in - Today I have a plan, So I make DH & Molly get as close to the rope as we can - then we are one of the first on peter pan (sad I know but I don't want to que for this) Why is this ride so popular? Molly was fine with the dark - I was very impressed that she took it so well. Next we headed for pirates - its not open till 10.30! WHAT well that's buggered my plan & we are only on ride 2.....now what? So we wandered around for a while, took photos and played sword fights in the pirates shop (I wonder how many other people do this). Then we enter pirates & walk straight on - again Molly was so good -she liked the drop (I'm beginning to wonder if my little princess is going to be a thrill seeker when she grows up). After POTC I really wanted to get Lion king tickets so according to 'my plan' we need to be in the que for 10.45am (to get the tickets at 11.00). We race over only to be told there is no 12.00pm show! this is not part of my plan!!!! - so we take tickets for the 2.00pm show insead.
Molly is flagging and is not 100% so we decide to go back to the hotel fo a little sleep - Molly falls asleep in the buggy on the way back - we poped to the petrol station for more milk & wander back to the hotel. By now I'm beginning to flag so a sleep seems like a good idea......we get into bed - close eyes - head hits the pillow - Molly wakes up!! 'Are we going to the parks now mummy' she's had best part of an hour & is wide awake again!!!!!! :rolleyes: Up we get have a bite to eat & head back to the park. We are just a bit to late for the 2pm lion king so we go over to Tarzan - we love this show! Molly did shout in the middle of the show 'Mummy the man is nudey rudey!! oh please ground swallow me quick!.......errr yes dear 'he's very hot'. After the show we entered the little farm (if you can call a donkey, a turkey, and a few cockerels a farm!). Molly managed to fall over & cut her knee open - now she was fine till we walked out and DH said 'oh no I've got blood on me' cue tears from Molly ' it hurts, I cant walk, I need a doctor!' (she's such a drama queen). The cut was very dirty as the floor around the farm is all dust & as there was quite alot of blood I decided it was best we go to the medical centre and get it cleaned - we bought an ice lolly on the way to see if that would help, but it didn't stop the tears :sad: . Once inside the medical centre we were taken to a room where a nice lady bathed her knee - then proceeded to put on the biggest bandage you ever did see!!!! - I have a great photo of this! As we left, the parade was about to start - so best we stand and watch it again! Molly doesn't like the Dragon & there were at lease 2 other children I saw crying, we just made her turn away. We decied enough was enough for today & with Mollys leg - best she get some rest! so we left the park.
We decided to walk back through the disney village - paramacic was quite quiet & abou to go up (there were only 8 other people on there) The weather was nice & there was no wind so perfect conditions for going up - we dicided to give it a go, As I handed over a 20 euro note it blew off the side - thank god I caught it before it went into the water.....just be careful when handing over money here. I'm really glad we did this, it was diffrent to anything I've done before - & it had the added bonus of a rope attached. I've always fancied going up in a hot air balloon but you never know where you might end up! and at leased we came back to where we had left the buggy!.
When we arrived back to the hotel we all laid down on the bed (just for a little rest) & woke up at 8.15pm!!! :earseek: My plan had gone out the window long ago - but we really needed to eat before we went to sleep so decided we would try Annett's diner, It was just to late in the day for Molly (she usually goes to bed at 7pm) & she fell asleep in the buggy so still no food for her. We were seated but then our waitress got up & started dancing on tables!!! I'm a huge Greece fan so this was great for me :teeth: - I was quite happy dancing and clapping, hubby however is not!! & he wanted food.....DH had the club sandwich, I had the cheese burger we had a chocolate brownie to share & we also shared a traditional lemonade (I'm too tight to by a drink each!!) - I would have loved to try one of those deserts for 2 but we were just too full up. Total came to 37 euros.
We made it back to the hotel by 10pm.

Wonderful report, Katy! I really enjoyed reading it and laughed out loud at the part about Molly shouting out during Tarzan! Heheee. :rotfl:

Those men selling the little cats really annoyed me as well! Especially as they're not Disney toys and are likely to catch children's eyes as they're noisy and move around. You get people selling those in Hull city centre and I thought DLRP would be somewhere you could escape that kind of thing, but obviously not!

It sounds like you had a good day, if a little stressful and busy! I'm pleased to hear they still do the dancing-on-tables thing at Annette's diner because we went twice and they didn't. :( I've only ever seen it once. Maybe we'll be lucky next time!

Great report. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

Great report, Katy! I too laughed so much at what Molly said about the nudey rudey man in Tarzan! :rotfl2: Glad you had a good day.:flower:

Great report Katy - makes it all come to life!! To add photos to your report
you need to find a web hosting service eg: http://photobucket.com or the DISboard gallery –go to “pictures/video” at the top of the DISboard page and when it takes you to the main board it says: “add your own Disney pictures here”, then just follow the instructions to upload them from your computer etc. This will give your pictures their own individual URLs.
When your photos have a URL
1. get the photo to the size you want by double left-clicking on it to make it big
2. rightclick on the photo you want to use
3. properties
4. rightclick on URL address
5. select all
6. rightclick again
7. copy
8. go back to the text where you want to put the photo
9. type:
with no spaces

If you try to upload a bitmap image it may not work. Go to “file” and “save as” – change to jpeg.
Have to agree about the vendors of what you delightfully (and accurately) call cr*p!!! Very tacky but presumably Disney has no jurisdiction outside the gates.
Also agree about Tarzan being very easy on the eye - yummy!!!!!! My daughter also made a comment when we were there but as she's 23 and contributes to this board I'd better not tell you what it was!!! Have just realised that when you said Tarzan was very hot you meant that that was why he'd taken his clothes off to cool down - well, either way he is very hot!!!!! :rotfl:
The last time we went to Annette's we saw the rollerskating and dancing on the counter - it was great and we joined in whole heartedly!!
Looking forward to the next part!

Great report Katy!

It's so frustrating when plans go awry but you certainly made the best of it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter