WDW adds mobile check-in for table service dining

You have to have location services turned on for the mde app for this to work. I am not interested in Disney tracking my location so when I discovered this at Sci Fi a few days ago we just waited at the podium for the cm to come from talking to someone to check in. The cm didn’t ask me to check in online; he may have heard me saying I’m not turning on location services though. But if you don’t care about your location being tracked in the app, it’s easy; there’s a sign with a qr code that you scan.

Loved it for our last trip! So easy to do. Loved the fact that you are not let into the restaurant until your food is ready. No way for groups to go in and save tables. So much easier to find a place to sit after you had your food. As they open up more, I hope this stays!

So I know they HAD the rule in place that to dine at a hotel/resort you needed to be staying on property. We're staying off property. Does this new option mean we can visit our a mobile check in restaurant at a hotel?

So I know they HAD the rule in place that to dine at a hotel/resort you needed to be staying on property. We're staying off property. Does this new option mean we can visit our a mobile check in restaurant at a hotel?

You've been able to get into resorts by car with proof of an ADR for quite a while now, no need to be staying on property. You can visit resorts using Disney transportation with no restrictions.

I have my location setting for all my apps set to "Only While Using This App". And I usually don't connect to Disney WiFi because a. all WiFi connections log the websites you go to, so if you are connected to Disney WiFi and you go to any website they know it, and b. I usually have a good enough connection on LTE there so I don't need their WiFi. One time I was there a few years back and I was live streaming the fireworks to my family in NC who love Disney so much, I was using the WiFi so I'd have a really good connection and Disney shut me down after about ten minutes. lol.

In what way?

TS checkin gives you a drop down to choose number of adults and children. We never tested it for increasing party size, only downsizing (dad stayed in the room). However, if it allows increases, I’m sure the hosts would catch it

Loved it for our last trip! So easy to do. Loved the fact that you are not let into the restaurant until your food is ready. No way for groups to go in and save tables. So much easier to find a place to sit after you had your food. As they open up more, I hope this stays!

I believe you are referring to mobile checkin for CS. Thats been going on for a while and, correct, they make you wait outside until your order is ready.

It’s a different set up for TS. Hosts still check guests in, but you have the option to also use the app. I’m sure they will be pushing it more toward the holidays. No issues waiting inside the restaurant seating areas

TS checkin gives you a drop down to choose number of adults and children. We never tested it for increasing party size, only downsizing (dad stayed in the room). However, if it allows increases, I’m sure the hosts would catch it

I believe you are referring to mobile checkin for CS. Thats been going on for a while and, correct, they make you wait outside until your order is ready.

It’s a different set up for TS. Hosts still check guests in, but you have the option to also use the app. I’m sure they will be pushing it more toward the holidays. No issues waiting inside the restaurant seating areas
Our trip in April, with mobile check in, we had to wait outside for a couple of restaurants until our table was ready.

Our trip in April, with mobile check in, we had to wait outside for a couple of restaurants until our table was ready.

Yes, you’re right, we were there in May and some restaurants like Liberty Tree were holding guests outside whether they used mobile checkin or not. And some were ok, like Brown Derby. We just got back, and they are now letting people inside. It’s quite different

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter