WDW and Universal buddy in April & September

iamhailse

Earning My Ears
:tink:I decided last year that I wanted to spend my 30th birthday this year at Disneyworld and was going to take my DS with. Certain events came about, and now my DS is staying home so I'm celebrating my birthday solo in my happy place. Looking for a park buddy from April 15th - 18th for WDW and April 19th and 20th for Universal Studios. There are some previous dining reservations I made last year (Cindy's castle breakfast, BOG dinner w/ the Beast, etc) to attend during the week also. I went solo to WDW and HHN last October and had a blast but would love some company this time around in the parks if anyone would like to join! :)

I was solo last year in October for HHN also. I am going to Disney and Universal 9/16 - 9/27. Planning on a weekday for HHN. I went on a Wednesday last year and it was still packed. I nearly froze at night cuz it got so cold. Would love a park buddy. Do you know what dates in September yet?

I'm thinking September 18th - 25th! It is the DS 8th birthday so he would probably be coming along to most things in the park BUT as far as HHN he absolutely will not be going with for obvious reasons lol. Plus I love my kid but like, having another adult to hang out with usually makes it better lol. I plan on getting a sitter to watch him that night for HHN since we will be staying at AoA. Would love a HHN buddy as well!! Last year I went on a Sunday and didn't get to do everything I wanted to (Blumhouse, mainly but the AHS is usually the main reason I go now) because exactly like you said, it was PACKED! I think the weeknight for HHN is the best bet! Do you do MNNSHP as well?

Yes planning on MNSSHP. For HHN, I would need to do that the first week cuz my annual pass for Universal expires after the 23rd. So I'm thinking Wednesday again (the 19th) for the best chance at hitting up all the houses. It is also cheaper on a Wed than like on a Saturday if I remember correctly. Planning a weekday also for MNSSHP for a hopefully smaller crowd. Maybe a Monday or something? What are your thoughts?

Yeah Friday and Saturdays are always more expensive plus I remember reading weeknights are less crowded because its a work night so the 19th for that would be fantastic! I think for MNNSHP a Monday or Thursday (if they have it one of those days) either one would work. I had planned on getting the latest flight from Orlando to Chicago on the 25th anyway so we wouldn't be catching an early flight so staying out late wouldn't be an issue if we did the Mickey party on the 24th. Are you staying on or off property for your trip?

Ok cool. I guessed Monday but I don't really know what nights the party will be but either way we are in agreement to do it on a weeknight. Do you know what your Disney park schedule will be yet? I am staying offsite.

Not yet lol. I was going to play it by ear but I would like to try to hit all four parks within the duration of the trip. I'm not too picky as far as what day though. My coworker mentioned taking the kiddo to Chef Mickey since MM is his fav so we might do that for breakfast one day and possibly the Pirates and Pals/firework show. Did you have any certain parks you wanted to go to on any certain days? We're pretty laid back when it comes to that stuff. :)

Here is my tentative schedule for the days that we will both be in Orlando:
Tuesday 18 - MK
Wed 19 - Universal and HHN
Thur - AK in the morning and possibly park hop to HS
Friday - MK or Epcot
Saturday - Disney Springs for Star Wars thing and then HS
Sunday - Universal (thinking of swapping Sat and Sun around)
Monday 24 - Epcot
Tuesday - MK all day or AK in morning and then MK

I really need to tweak this schedule a bit. Alot will depend on which fast passes I get for my May trip. That way I can schedule more park time in September for the stuff I missed. I know I need to add more Epcot time cuz of Food and Wine.

Last edited:
That would work for me! I've never been to Food and Wine - does that only happen during the Spring time or is that year round? I have so much to learn lol. But yes if the schedule needs to be tweaked that is perfectly fine. We can definitely plan more cemented

That would work for me! I've never been to Food and Wine - does that only happen during the Spring time or is that year round? I have so much to learn lol. But yes if the schedule needs to be tweaked that is perfectly fine. We can definitely plan more cemented dates and everything when it gets closer. I'm thinking for that Saturday since you want to go to Star Wars thing, we can meet up in HS when you are done? We may check out Disney Springs or we might just wander HS until you are done with the Star Wars. We aren't toooo big fans of it. Are you going solo in May as well?

Food and Wine Festival happens like late August through first week of November or something like that every year and it is wonderful! The Star Wars thing is in Disney Springs. It's like a virtual reality attraction. I am going solo in May also but meeting up with a friend from my last visit and another member that I met on this site. Are you thinking of booking any character meals or any other dining?

That does sound wonderful! Are they different food and wines of the various countries in Epcot? Your May visit sounds like it will be fun! Doesn't the new Toy Story land open in June in HS? That seems like it would be fun to go to also. For September, aside from Chef Mickey we MIGHT do Ohana for breakfast and maybe the Dine N Play breakfast but it just depends. I have always wanted to do the Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn but that might have to wait until next spring. Most of the character dining I have wanted to do will be taken care of on this trip coming up in April so I can check them off my Disney bucket list. Do you have any favorites for character dining or any you would want to do? I would love to eventually find those Mickey sundae pants in Epcot while we are there - heard good (and delicious) things about that. :)

Yes, the different countries highlight their own special dishes and there is a lot to choose from. Toy Story in June! Can't wait. I would be interested in Chef Mickey out of those you mentioned.
I did Ohana already this past month. I created a facebook page for Disney planning last year that I never got around to doing anything with. If you want, I can add you and I can post my Disney schedule as it changes. I also plan to post my dining and fast pass reservations for my trips so that my fellow DISers can coordinate with me.

You are more then welcome to join for Chef Mickey! Not sure exactly what day but can let you know when I get that part figured out. I'd love to join for Food & Wine in Epcot. Did you have a good time when you did Ohana? Which course was it for? Yes please, that would be awesome! That would be easier to coordinate the times and stuff as well on the FB page. My name is Ashlie Gerard on FB, but idk if you need to add me as a friend to add me to your FB group. If so then I would need to add you as a friend first because my privacy settings on my FB is locked down.

Ohana was nice. Met Lilo and Stitch for breakfast but Nickey was there too. I will try to add you. In case i can't, I am Ariel Amethyst.

Same here - I will be in Sept also. Am looking at Monday the 24th for Epcot as well

Hi!
I am going solo 9/18-21 and staying on site. So far this is what I have planned.
Arrive 9/18- have only a 9:40pm Res at Ohana
9/19- morning at MK, lunch at BOG, head to Epcot the rest of day
9/20- AK all day. Dinner at Sanaa
9/21- Breakfast at Bon Voyage at Trattoria.

All this can be subject to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter