WDW before/after or not at all with PC 4.0

I posted this on the chit-chat thread but not here. I bought my plane ticket a few weeks ago, and will arrive 8 days pre-cruise and return home 2 days post-cruise.

If I had my way (time off and money), I would take off work for the whole week before the cruise to do WDW.
I do not have DVC or annual pass. Tickets are kind of expensive to do Disney for just a few days.

This is one of my big pet peeves with Disney/DCL. I want to come ina day or two early for a Disney cruise - but because I can't make a week of it prior - I am not getting a good discount on the daily rate. I'd love to see a promotion on 7 night cruises allowing us to get the rate of a one or two day ticket at teh 7 day discounted rate. Make sense?

What the extraordinary cost does is make me shorten my visit or find alternative entertainment prior to the cruise - which is lost revenue for Disney (tickets not sold, food not consumed, parking not paid, souvies not purchased...).

I realize DCL and WDW are different line items in the big picture - but one would think that they could work something out so that someone wanting just a short dose prior to the big event could do so without extreme financial pain (thus creating more revenue for the Mouse).

As an example - for us, it is cheaper to do two days at Universal and one at WDW than to do three days at WDW. So guess what we are chossing to do? Yep - and Disney misses out. We'd prefer the 3 days at Disney. But no good breaks, so our money goes elsewhere..this is not taking care of your customers!!

I have a 10-day non-expiring park hopper that I bought from Undercover Tourist several years ago. It now costs more than an annual pass, but I may use it for a day here or there after my AP expires.

That's a good solution Nancy!

But I've used all of mine up.

You can always buy a new multi-day non-expiring ticket! If you'll go to the parks at least 10 days in a one-year period, an AP is a better deal @ $552.74.

My AP will expire Dec. 3rd, and I probably won't renew it then. I have a 7-day Universal hopper ticket that I plan to use for 2-4 days that week, and maybe I'll go to the Christmas Party one night.

We are flying in on Thursday night and plan on doing Very Merry on Friday night. I have never been able to justify the additional $240 for our family of four when I have hopper tickets, but we have no tickets and this seems like a decent deal for us. We can at least get a taste of the parks before the cruise!

Scott

plan is to go to MVMCP friday 12/7 ..... want to get into MK right at 4 and check out the new fantasyland! Went back and forth between party tix and 1 day tix, but party tix are cheaper and I love the parade/fireworks and you only lose 1 hour of park time (9-7 pm vs. 4-12pm) If we can swing it we will fly down wed and go to WWoHP on Thursday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!