WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm not entirely sure about the tickets because we bought them through the military instead of through Disney and since the ITR office is closed, I can't communicate with anyone, however, I do have a decent hope that once it does reopen they will be able to extend those for us. I thought I heard something about the value of military tickets never expiring, you just have to pay the difference, but I'm having trouble finding that info again, so maybe I'm misremembering.

The DVC we spoke to a couple of times and basically told us so far, no luck unless we had been booked for those initial dates back in April/May, I think. Our only chance of seeing a refund there would be if Disney closed down again during the time we were supposed to travel. It is a $1400 loss, but I'm starting to think it might be worth it. I guess that's what I'm trying to decide. Is losing that worth it, with all that's going on as far as health concerns + the scaled back experience at the park.
I would go. You have everything set. You can still have a great time at the parks. You will have time to explore your resort. It will be a more relaxed vacation. The numbers are going down because of the mask mandates. You will be fine if you wear your mask and wash your hands.

Looks like on August 5th, my credit card was refunded for the cost of my September 5th tix to Cirque du Soleil: Drawn to Life.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice they gave me. , I'll only be out 350-400 instead of 1400, and honestly, we almost bought trip insurance, which would have cost that much anyway, so I'm okay with losing that
Yup! Trip insurance costs skyrocketed right after we booked our DVC rental. Very quickly Covid 19 became a "known threat". I didn't get it either bc of the initial cost + the fact that they didn't pay back 100% anyway and there was a ton of "fine print" that seemed to me like they'd find a way to decline my claim anyway.

Sorry, not the place to discuss youtubers, it's a slippery slope into territory we don't cover in this forum.
Please head to the community board for that

Hi everyone!

I'll be in WDW in about a week and a half. My bf and I are celebrating our one year anniversary on the trip and we are visiting Magic Kingdom that day. We originally planned to go to California Grill for dinner, but we're not very comfortable with indoor dining, so we don't want to spend all that money to be in a stressful situation. We're also college students so any money saved is valuable.

Anyways, I was thinking a nice, romantic way to spend the evening would be just to stroll around MK after closing. I know before COVID times, you could typically stay in the park up to 90 minutes after closing, and they had the Kiss Goodnight thing on the castle. Has anyone been in the parks recently after close? I just think it would be lovely to stroll around the park and the hub with a snack before heading back to the resort.

I was in Epcot maybe 10 minutes after close, and when we were heading towards the International Gateway there were CMs asking where we were headed. I'm thinking they didn't want anyone entering World Showcase after close (unless they were staying at an Epcot or Skyliner resort). I didn't see any other cast members encouraging people to leave, though.

Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I'll be in WDW in about a week and a half. My bf and I are celebrating our one year anniversary on the trip and we are visiting Magic Kingdom that day. We originally planned to go to California Grill for dinner, but we're not very comfortable with indoor dining, so we don't want to spend all that money to be in a stressful situation. We're also college students so any money saved is valuable.

Anyways, I was thinking a nice, romantic way to spend the evening would be just to stroll around MK after closing. I know before COVID times, you could typically stay in the park up to 90 minutes after closing, and they had the Kiss Goodnight thing on the castle. Has anyone been in the parks recently after close? I just think it would be lovely to stroll around the park and the hub with a snack before heading back to the resort.

I was in Epcot maybe 10 minutes after close, and when we were heading towards the International Gateway there were CMs asking where we were headed. I'm thinking they didn't want anyone entering World Showcase after close (unless they were staying at an Epcot or Skyliner resort). I didn't see any other cast members encouraging people to leave, though.

Thank you!
Disney transportation is scheduled only up to an hour after closing. The main stores in the front of the parks close 30 min after closing, they want you to leave within the hour

Even in days when MK had the "Kiss Goodnight" they would sweep the park from back to front at published closing time and we'd be asked to head to Main Street multiple times when seated in front of the Castle waiting. We had to politely explain we were waiting for that and they would let us sit.

With all the talk of the At Close security sweep, has anyone had any issues with being kicked out even though you were standing in a line queue before closing time? I know pre-covid, if you were in a ride line before closing time, you could continue to stay in line until you had your turn, was wondering if this is still the case.

Disney transportation is scheduled only up to an hour after closing. The main stores in the front of the parks close 30 min after closing, they want you to leave within the hour

If I had a 6:45 dining reservation with MK closing at 7 do you see any issue with getting transportation after that?

We have a trip planned in early Sept. I am wondering what time, in the time of Covid, should one arrive at the parks. Is it an hour early like before?

Thank you for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter