WDW Meal Plans - Quick Service

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
We usually do the Quick Service Plan(2 adults). But last trip we did 3 meals out, Crystal Palace for breakfast, Tusker House for lunch and SciFi for dinner. We had about 12 snacks left and maybe 3-4 meals. We like having everything paid for up front. But not sure if we need to do something else if we’re going to eat 2-3 meals outside the plan. We definitely don’t mind the Quick Service meals. Not sure if just getting one Quick Service Plan would be best or an option? Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions from those of you who purchase a meal plan?

I would get a pre-paid VISA card with the amt you want to spend on it and use that instead. You don't want to end up losing money because you didn't use all your credits. THen if you have any left over - you can spend it at home

I would get a pre-paid VISA card with the amt you want to spend on it and use that instead. You don't want to end up losing money because you didn't use all your credits. THen if you have any left over - you can spend it at home

That’s a good idea. I’ll have to check into prepaid Visa cards.

We usually do the Quick Service Plan(2 adults). But last trip we did 3 meals out, Crystal Palace for breakfast, Tusker House for lunch and SciFi for dinner. We had about 12 snacks left and maybe 3-4 meals. We like having everything paid for up front. But not sure if we need to do something else if we’re going to eat 2-3 meals outside the plan. We definitely don’t mind the Quick Service meals.
1. Not sure if just getting one Quick Service Plan would be best or an option?
2. Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions from those of you who purchase a meal plan?
1. Everyone in the room has to have the same dining plan so if by one QS plan you were thinking of having just one person in the room get the plan, that is not possible.

2. Instead of the meal plan many have gotten Disney gift cards in the amount they plan to spend on dining. They're prepaid, but you can choose to spend them on any meals and food you wish.

Thank you. Disney Gift Cards are the way to go, this way we’re not tied to just the Quick Service And don’t feel like we need to eat more, like snacks(we’re not big smackers) and this way we can also use it on other purchases.

I think the pre-paid visa idea is brilliant. Me and DH were planning on doing the dining plan next time we visit WDW. We had some concerns with it, mainly if we would use all our credits, but we wanted to pay upfront for our dining costs. However, now I think we will put the same amount on a pre-paid Visa card, meaning that we have flexibility when we go to Universal etc.

Thanks for the great suggestion

I think the pre-paid visa idea is brilliant. Me and DH were planning on doing the dining plan next time we visit WDW. We had some concerns with it, mainly if we would use all our credits, but we wanted to pay upfront for our dining costs. However, now I think we will put the same amount on a pre-paid Visa card, meaning that we have flexibility when we go to Universal etc.

Thanks for the great suggestion

We’re going to Universal Studios Orlando in May and the only place I found GC are on the Universal website. I’ve been researching Prepaid Visa Cards to take to Universal Studios

I think that deciding whether or not the dining plan is worth it for you guys would depend on how long you are staying. If you stay 3 nights, the regular disney dining plan would give you 3 table service meals and 3 quick service meals (and 6 snacks) so in that case it would be worth it, as you said you went to 3 restaurants out last time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter