Wdw Padi Divers?????

fam4jc

DIS Veteran
I am trying to plan an adult only trip for my hubby's 40th bday. He is padi certified. Has anyone done the dw dives? How are they? what is the cost?
thanks!!:smooth: :confused:

Forgive my ignorance- is padi the same as scuba diving?

KarenNY - PADI is a Scuba diving certification agencey (PADI = Professional Association of Dive Instructors).

Fam4jc - I've never done a dive at WDW, but I think I saw something about diving at WDW on these boards. If you find anything out, please post. (I'm a diver too, SSI certified not PADI, but still a diver)

Hi there! I did the DiveQuest program a few years ago. It an easy dive and a lot of fun. You see loads of critters in a short period of time that you might otherwise spend many dives seeing. It's also a lot of fun to be the show; waving to and messing with the folks "on the other side" in the exhibit area and in the restaurant.

A couple points, your gear will be provided and other than perhaps a perscription mask you will not be allowed to use your own gear. The gear there was just fine.

Overall I think it's a little pricey but it is a unique and fun experience. I'd consider doing it again!

PADI OWSI 84121

I agree, the DiveQuest experience is a lot of fun. Especially the backstage tour. I enjoyed playing with the people who were eating at the restuarant. It is also a lot of fun to play with children in the other observation areas. The dive if fairly shallow, so bottom time should not be a problem. It is worth it as a once in a lifetime dive experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter