WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I guess if the Covid ordeal has taught us all anything, it's forced us to become better at waiting! Something I heretofore have HATED! And since nobody knows me here on these boards, and I can't shout it from the housetop yet, just when I thought 2020 would be a total washout- both my daughters will be having babies this year! I knew my Disney princess ( I have two princes) was coming in July, but my DGS age 3 will become a big brother! I am blessed even if I don't get to go to Disney in June!
Congrats! The only thing better than Disney -Grandkids

The dpb didn't say anything other than they're taking reservations stating in July and that might change. And that had been announced 2 weeks ago

Yeah, the language here leads me to believe they aren't going to open in June since they aren't accepting any reservations. "While we’re currently accepting reservations starting in July 2020 at both resorts, as this situation evolves, timing may continue to shift."

But we'll see.

Yeah, the language here leads me to believe they aren't going to open in June since they aren't accepting any reservations. "While we’re currently accepting reservations starting in July 2020 at both resorts, as this situation evolves, timing may continue to shift."

But we'll see.
And for conjectures and theories you can go over to the news and rumor board.
The only thing we know for sure is that Disney hadn't announced anything

And then people are just sitting behind a computer being reactive when there is not enough information to be proactive. I think most of us here are planners and we find it difficult to have this much uncertainty.

If you are a planner, then the best case scenarios are this:
1. Chill out and understand your trip is likely going to be a moving target.
2. Plan a vacation somewhere else where there is less likely to be this much change. (Mountains, beach)
3. Move your trip until much later in the year or even next year.

I feel called out. XD

@yulilin3 Just wanted your thoughts since you are close and have CM family members. Obviously we know Disney is losing a great deal of money being closed. However, are we sure that they would be losing less money being open? I ask because as you have said and other blogs have indicated both Citywalk and Disney Springs have not had a large turn out since being open. If Disney is worried about turnout, maybe that is causing the delays. The desperate excitement on these boards does not necessarily equate widespread business.

@yulilin3 Just wanted your thoughts since you are close and have CM family members. Obviously we know Disney is losing a great deal of money being closed. However, are we sure that they would be losing less money being open? I ask because as you have said and other blogs have indicated both Citywalk and Disney Springs have not had a large turn out since being open. If Disney is worried about turnout, maybe that is causing the delays. The desperate excitement on these boards does not necessarily equate widespread business.
You have to remember that DS is locals only. Parks will be out of town too.
Locals can go anytime so it doesn’t shock me that they are not turning out in huge numbers to eat/shop

Well ive shared my thoughts in the news and rumor board. Im at DS right now and it's actually busy, not crowded, but busy. Obviously the parks are a big draw. I couldn't tell you if they'll loose more money being opened , all i know for a fact is that the economy of central Florida is being affected by Disney being closed, out of 10 cm only 1 has received unemployment a whole month after applying, so it's not good for them to stay closed and I'm sure they're getting a lot of pressure from everyone in the area

Does anyone know when they usually put out the agenda? I know there's a general outline one now, but no specifics yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter