WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

All dining ressie's , its called a reservation not a ressie, are going to be cancelled. Don't know why people keep posting they still have them.

Anyways I will say I love that Disney has taken the planning out of your stay now. I'm hoping it stays that way. Booking FP the day you get to the park would make things much better.
At the end of the email I got from Disney it said:
Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

It gives me hope that maybe 1 reservation might survive. Like my Yak and Yeti reservation. They are not owned by Disney, so perhaps that reservation may not get cancelled? Or maybe I am looking a bright spot!

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

It gives me hope that maybe 1 reservation might survive. Like my Yak and Yeti reservation. They are not owned by Disney, so perhaps that reservation may not get cancelled? Or maybe I am looking a bright spot!
I thought that as well. I had 2 Nov.reservations canceled at DS, Paddlefish and Art Smiths Homecoming. Both are not Disney owned and DS is open now. They went poof today.

I would be surprised to see any of the restaurants in the parks stay because there is no guarantee that you will get a park reservation that day. From what my friend said, once people do, they were told ADRs would open up for bookings,

So, once you got a park day secured for AK, then you’d have priority...since you had an ADR already..,to secure it again.

I thought that as well. I had 2 Nov.reservations canceled at DS, Paddlefish and Art Smiths Homecoming. Both are not Disney owned and DS is open now. They went poof today.
Bummer. I was so hoping for a little good news. I still keep checking MDE every hour, hoping!

I would be surprised to see any of the restaurants in the parks stay because there is no guarantee that you will get a park reservation that day. From what my friend said, once people do, they were told ADRs would open up for bookings,

So, once you got a park day secured for AK, then you’d have priority...since you had an ADR already..,to secure it again.
I guess that's the big unknown...how is the new reservation system going to work. I am hopeful, with being DVC and we had all of our tickets purchased, but right now, nothing feels solid. I am such a planner, so all of this "unknown" so close to our vacation, is stressful. Regardless, we will still go, because at the end of the day, it is still Disney and there is plenty of magic to be had!

Bummer. I was so hoping for a little good news. I still keep checking MDE every hour, hoping!

I guess that's the big unknown...how is the new reservation system going to work. I am hopeful, with being DVC and we had all of our tickets purchased, but right now, nothing feels solid. I am such a planner, so all of this "unknown" so close to our vacation, is stressful. Regardless, we will still go, because at the end of the day, it is still Disney and there is plenty of magic to be had!

As I shared, we don’t know exactly how it will work, but my TA friend said they were told that once a guest has a park reservation for that day, ADRs for that park should be able to then be booked,

But, I think Disney is still working out not only the technology part of it but also the nitty gritty pieces for all the different situations to allow phased booking of the parks,

As I shared, we don’t know exactly how it will work, but my TA friend said they were told that once a guest has a park reservation for that day, ADRs for that park should be able to then be booked,

But, I think Disney is still working out not only the technology part of it but also the nitty gritty pieces for all the different situations to allow phased booking of the parks,
Do you know anything about the Memory Maker?

Hmmmm, I was able to place our order today for our August magic bands. Nice to see that was back!

Right now all of our dining reservations are still there, but I expect that to change at any time. Still nice to just see them for a brief time.
We still plan on going in July.

No. But I’ll reach out to her to see if she has any news about that! I do know that as AP holders we did get something saying some of the features of our AP will not be available during the phased reopening.,,,memory maker could be one of those features.
Thank you, I really want to cancel memory maker and get my money back. I don’t want pictures with face masks for that price.

Thank you, I really want to cancel memory maker and get my money back. I don’t want pictures with face masks for that price.

I would email Disney directly because I’d be surprised if they don’t allow guests to have refunds since there will be no character meet and greets...or character meals...which s what people buy Memory Maker for in the first place!

I watched a zoom meeting today from the hotel and restaurant union where they explained how cm will be recalled and I am now convinced we won't get a clear answer on reservations or any other operational updates until all the cast has been set and that will take weeks. I don't think we'll get answers until maybe last week of June
They're going to start recalling full timers by seniority tomorrow, if they can't reach them, they will send letters. Then the cm has to decide if they are comfortable in returning to work or have any health issues that prevent them from doing so.
They go down the list of ft to fill positions as needed, then they will move to part timers, same process. Since CP won't be returning until probably next year they're going to need to get cm to agree to temporarily fill those positions, some cm will have to switch positions, like from attractions to quick service. Then obviously everyone will need 1 week of training.
All to say, Disney needs to know what is covered, and what might not be able to reopen. It's a human resource and scheduling madness.

I just wonder how long all of this will be going on. I will make a decision about moving my Dec trip in Sept or early Oct I guess. I really want to go this year but I can move it to April for my b-day too.

Hi - I'm trying to follow all of the updates but want to confirm I'm understanding correctly. We have a reservation at AKL from 7/18-7/21. We had not yet bought tickets. Does that mean we are out and will not be able to get into the parks now? Thanks!
I can't see Disney not allowing people with on-site reservations not being allowed to buy tickets but that's just my opinion.

There's a lot I would settle for if there were some other incentives. We would come from a long way and I just don't know. We have time to think about it thankfully. I just hope they roll out most of the plan before our refund deadline. There are a few dealbreaker scenarios.
I keep imagining a reservation system where they claim resort guests who already had reservations get first pick and then it's only Epcot available 5 days in a row lol. We were originally going to park hop and are only going 7 days so I'd want to go a little longer if we can't hit the parks we wanted but they probably won't let us modify that before letting the general public book.

Chapek hinted in an interview that they are following the Shanghai model but they are still at 20,000 people a day. Florida is allowing more than that for theme parks, correct? Does shanghai have 4 parks like Orlando? Woild this be 20,000 per park per day for Orlando?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter