WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Has anyone noticed if you go on the official Disney World website under Things to Do then click on Attractions that starting June 7 it shows a few attractions' hours listed. Then starting June 14th most attractions and hours are listed. I'm sure this in no way means Disney World will be reopened by then because there is no definite date yet.

Wondering if Disney might do something similar to UO as they are opening the 1st to team members, then AP holders and then everyone the 5th,but on a longer time table,with opening first say to DVC, June 15-20, then AP holders 20-25 resort guests 25-30th etc..?

Disneyland, like universal is a closed bubble and if the State of California would Approve it, they could open up ASAP.

WDW moves so many more people around, the logistics of it all is insane.

Has anyone noticed if you go on the official Disney World website under Things to Do then click on Attractions that starting June 7 it shows a few attractions' hours listed. Then starting June 14th most attractions and hours are listed. I'm sure this in no way means Disney World will be reopened by then because there is no definite date yet.
The hours are always the last to update. I believe you caught it while they were working on it. All the attractions show unavailable before the 14th now

So, I've really thought about Disney in a "post-COVID" situation. I think a lot of the anger and frustration with guests is that originally, guests rebooked simply for later in the spring. Then they had to move it. And now perhaps they have to move their reservations again. There has been a moving target that guests have had trouble navigating. Then there was the whole "free dining" debacle where the promotion ended three weeks before it was advertised to end. Add to that the uncertainty we are getting from medical experts, politicians, economists. And then people are just sitting behind a computer being reactive when there is not enough information to be proactive. I think most of us here are planners and we find it difficult to have this much uncertainty.

If you are a planner, then the best case scenarios are this:
1. Chill out and understand your trip is likely going to be a moving target.
2. Plan a vacation somewhere else where there is less likely to be this much change. (Mountains, beach)
3. Move your trip until much later in the year or even next year.

Those are really our only options. As far as post-COVID Disney, we are going to have to accept that costs will likely go up. Disney Parks lost $1Billion in the first quarter and that is only the month of March. We should expect higher in the second quarter. I'm not going to debate whether they can afford it or not, because that becomes a pointless political debate. We are going to have to accept that masks will be required for some time. If we are uncomfortable with masks, we shouldn't go then. I have my feelings about masks that belong on another thread. When we go back, we need to all show each other some grace and compassion. We don't know what each other has gone through during any phase of our lives, and it costs nothing to be kind.

Everyone, be safe. Stay 6 feet apart. And for heaven sakes, wash your hands.

I do wonder what the international crowds will be like when it opens. I haven't been to WDW in years, but I remember a lot of UK and Brazilian tourists. Neither country is doing great with COVID-19 now, especially Brazil, but I don't know how flights look or if there is a required quarantine on arrival (probably not in Florida).
From UK we can't fly due to FCO advice also from 8th June will have to quarantine for 2 weeks when we get back

From UK we can't fly due to FCO advice
This isn’t quite accurate. We can take flights and there are international flights departing; however the FCO advisory against ‘all but essential travel’ triggers travel insurers exclusions, so we would be travelling without insurance. But think of all the crowds funding pleas that regularly pop up, asking for help to pay overseas medical bills, repatriate people etc. A lot of people routinely choose to travel without insurance. Sad but true.

Multiple people in the comment section of that press release are saying CM's are being told August for an opening date. Should I just cancel now? We are booked for August 5th. Never dreamed that they'd lag that much with all the publicity around opening Disney Springs. Rumors seem less false when enough people repeat them 🤷‍♀️

I'm curious what 100% capacity is for each park? Does anyone know? If it's 100K, 50K still seems like a lot to me, even if it is 50%.

I don’t think Disney will actually use a percentage of fire code capacity. I think they will calculate how many people they can fit in groups that are 6 feet apart in each open ride attraction, each restaurant, in public spaces and go from there. Capacity will be a fluid number based on what attractions, restaurants etc are open while adhering to current CDC guidelines about public spacing.

I think it’s interesting how China uses 1 meter and we use 2 (6 feet). That’s a whole lot less usable space than Shanghai.

Multiple people in the comment section of that press release are saying CM's are being told August for an opening date. Should I just cancel now? We are booked for August 5th. Never dreamed that they'd lag that much with all the publicity around opening Disney Springs. Rumors seem less false when enough people repeat them 🤷‍♀️
Never cancel based on rumors. Ever.

I have about 30 friends and family that are CMs at different levels in the company and none of them have been told anything
The only reliable info will come from Disney itself

I’d take that with a very large grain of salt. My close friend and his roommates are all CMs, and they haven’t been told anything remotely resembling an estimated date.

I’d take that with a very large grain of salt. My close friend and his roommates are all CMs, and they haven’t been told anything remotely resembling an estimated date.
Well, similar timeline as shanghai right? I doubt there’s been actual communication about this, though.

This isn’t quite accurate. We can take flights and there are international flights departing; however the FCO advisory against ‘all but essential travel’ triggers travel insurers exclusions, so we would be travelling without insurance. But think of all the crowds funding pleas that regularly pop up, asking for help to pay overseas medical bills, repatriate people etc. A lot of people routinely choose to travel without insurance. Sad but true.
I didn't have time to write all what you wrote but you summed it up perfectly. I myself had my annual insurance renewal cancelled recently, expecting massive rise when I can get some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!