WDW when expecting????

Lover_of_Disney

Mouseketeer
I know this may be too much information but dh and I are undergoing infertility treatments and will be doing in-vitro next month. If all goes well I will be around eight months pregnant during our next vacation. We are thinking of staying in the villas with family and just walking around epcot in the evening.

Is 8 months along too far along to really enjoy the trip?? I am also worried about flying since I get extremely nervous while flying.

I hope someone can offer advice!!

Thanks

AE

I have been at 7-8 mos and it can be done! I would do more than just Epcot..... If I were you I would start walking every day after the 3 mo mark!(if Dr. says ok!) That way you are used to the walking. I Would try to take the trip at 7 mo or very close..... As you get to the middle of 8mo it is harder to fly! Most airlines will need a Dr.'s slip! I assume you will be high risk this time and you may not get Dr. ok if too late in pregnancy. I allways get a hospital and Dr.'s name from my insurance so I have a place to go just in case.Disney can be lots of fun pregnant.... I have been multable times while pregnant with our youngest 3. I am currently pregnant with # 5! We are going in April! I am due in July! There are only a few rides that you cannot go on. You will need a couple pairs of good shoes and I would suggest at least one sit down meal a day so you can have some fresh veggies and protein. I allways bring a little extra pocket change for snacks.... Most of all have fun and congrats!!! (Good luck)!:D

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Have you ever been pregnant before? I'm 8 months pregnant with my first right now (33 weeks), and it's not exactly comfortable. It's definitely not horrible or anything, but sleeping is hard, and walking long distances can be hard on days when my back is hurting or when the baby's head is on my sciatic nerve.

Also, it's not pleasant to think about, but sometimes things do go wrong. It happened to me with my first pregnancy. People had been making fun of me because I was being overly careful, but I'm so glad I was. When the unthinkable happens, you start to wonder if every little thing you did could have caused it, even if it is completely unreasonable. In the end, I was satisfied that I did all I could do and it couldn't be prevented. It's still hard, and I can't imagine how much harder it would be if I had some doubt lingering in the back of my mind thinking that I might have caused it. I'm sorry--I know that isn't good to think about, but if something does happen, you'll be glad you did.

The second trimester is much more comfortable than the last (and the first). It's also the least risky since your chances of premature labor and miscarriage are almost zero. If you want to go when you're pregnant, that's when I would choose to go.

You both made really good points however, changing the date is not an option. DH is a physician and his schedule is pretty much set in stone years in advance. My only other option would be to just postpone the trip for a year or so.

Keep in mind, I am not actually pregnant yet may not even conceive in January which is when my scheduled in-vitro is. We are planning on going in mid September and my potential due date would be somewhere around November 1st.

I am very athletic and used to walking. I jost around 3-5 miles now so hopefully being out of shape will not be much of an issue.

Thanks

AE

My husband and I took a last minute trip to WDW when I was 32 weeks pregnant (start of month #8). I was very ill, but healthy the whole pregnancy. Morning sickness didn't stop until around the 6th month. I don't think we could of gone any earlier in the pregnany. I think those 4 days we spent at WDW were the best of the whole pregancy. No problems at all, we and had a great time. I was concerned with people thinking I was nuts to go so late, but as I was so sick most of the pregnancy I was very small for 8 months. (my daughter was born 7 lbs 9 oz right on her due date, very healthy so guess I gained enougth weight :D ).

Flying wasn't a problem, there where 4 other pregnant women on the flight, one with twins.

Just make sure you can cancel your plans if it turns out you have any complactions or don't feel up to it.

Good luck.

It also really depends on your OB. Mine wouldn't let me fly after 32 weeks. Flying while pregnant isn't very fun, I did it at 6 months, and it definately wasn't enjoyable. Even if you're used to running a lot are in VERY good shape, it really does become different when you're pregnant. I also used to job 3 - 4 miles a day and by my 5th month, it became very difficult to even walk that long of a distance. As the baby becomes larger, your lung capacity begins to dimish due to the baby taking up space and your lungs not being able to fully inflate due to lack of space. At 8 months, you might be able to go, but you'd definately have to take it EXTREMELY easy. I'd wait booking anything until you find out your pregnant and see how things are going. If you're having an easy pregnancy around your sixth month, then book it then. Good luck to you next month, from one who has also under gone fertility treatments!!!!

I just got back and was 7.5 months pregnant. My best suggestions is to purcase travel insurance on this trip (even if you never do). It gave me real piece of mind to know that we were covered if there were complications and we had to cancel the trip.

Another idea...

Could you go after the baby is born? I am pg right right 31 weeks and I wouldn't want to go to Disney then, but if my hubby was a doc it might be different! I like to go on the rides too much and would rather wait until I can again even if it is with baby swap. Also, have to pee ALL the time and that would make it extremely slow moving. I've read posts of people who have gone after the baby is born and they have said how it is pretty easy especially if you breastfeed because there isn't much to bring and then you can ride everything! Being pg affects each person in a different way and I have this nesting feeling where I don't really want to go anywhere or worry about having complications as some women go on bedrest, early labor, etc. if you do decide to go, then make sure it is refundable I would buy your tickets with Southwest so you could use the credit later on if need be and book hotels you can refund a few days before it need be. That saves money on not buying travel insurance, but if that's not an option travel insurance woudl be.

Good luck whatver you decide : )

Jenn

Hope your treatments go well!

I don't know much about fertility treatments, so if this is a dumb comment, I apologize in advance. It there a greater chance of multiples? There are more risks involved, plus you could go early, making 8 months a bad time to travel. 2 of my friends recently had twins, so these things are on my mind :)

If your family will be there anyway, and you're just going to take it easy, plan on going. Flying might be a problem. You won't know until you're pregnant and see how things are going.

Best of luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter