We are Here Now!!

Tink316

Mouseketeer
This is our first stay as DVC members!! :cool1: We are staying in a studio with savannah view at Kidani.

LOVE IT!!! :goodvibes

Per the suggestion of some here on DIS (thank you!), I requested a room near the lobby as I have a DS with Down syndrome who has low muscle tone. So walking or standing for extended periods of time can be difficult.

I also did the online check-in in hopes our room might be ready when we arrived - realizing there are no guarantees on the request or online check-in.

We arrived at AK-KV around 10a and our room was ready! And it was not to far from the lobby. Yeah and Yeah! :love:

We were able to relax a bit in the room, check out the balcony -- and the animals. We saw quite a variety when we looked - amazing! We are on the 2nd floor.

Walk to the bus stop is great; and we even walked over to Jambo last night to check that out. Wow! And, I thought the walk was very manageable. Even for my DS. We went at very leisurely stroll at his pace... and he was fine on the walk over and back. Of course, we rested a bit in the lobby before venturing back to give him time to "recover."

Weather is beautiful...and so far...everyone we've encountered has been representative of "the happiest place on earth." Only one day here, but so excited and happy with what we've experience so far.

And to see all the holiday decorations...beautiful.

Special thanks for everyone the boards who has answered many of my questions in advance of our first stay as members. Appreciate the help! :worship:

T
:tink:

:welcome: Home. We will be there in a week and are very excited...Keep us posted on your daliy activities....

Robin & Angel "D" :santa:

It sounds like the beginning of a wonderful first DVC stay. Welcome Home and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Be sure to check out the community center with the kids. They have a pool table, games, and crafts. Some crafts are free, others a dollar or so. My kids loved this place and the workers were so nice to the kids. Also great view of the animals from here. Have fun!

Be sure to check out the community center with the kids. They have a pool table, games, and crafts. Some crafts are free, others a dollar or so. My kids loved this place and the workers were so nice to the kids. Also great view of the animals from here. Have fun!

If you get a Community hall schedule can you let me know which days they have poolside bingo and ceramics? Also, the same thing for up at Jambo house :lovestruc

Thanks

Kidani was our first DVC stay this past October. We fell in love with it, the whole atmosohere was just so amazing. I want to try all of the DVC resorts, but it will be hard to compare to our new "home". Enjoy the rest of your vacation!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter