• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Don't talk about Juno? Member staying AKL CL months at a time.....How?

Wow, that's crazy. Especially since it seems like there are a million vloggers who film daily in the parks. Weird that they were one of the ones that got picked on.

I would think Disney would like this couple, since a lot of people watch their videos and then book rooms with Disney. They were a big reason we got interested in purchasing DVC.

How sad that they're banned from property :(
I could be thinking of a different couple, but if we are talking about the same people, they made a video saying they were in talks with Disney after being banned (so might have that ban lifted since the videos are part of their livelihood) but ultimately they were banned because they have a side business where they give private tours to people around the parks and that’s what’s not allowed since it goes against a direct service Disney offers. I think filming in the parks/resorts is very much allowed and not the reason for the ban.

I could be thinking of a different couple, but if we are talking about the same people, they made a video saying they were in talks with Disney after being banned (so might have that ban lifted since the videos are part of their livelihood) but ultimately they were banned because they have a side business where they give private tours to people around the parks and that’s what’s not allowed since it goes against a direct service Disney offers. I think filming in the parks/resorts is very much allowed and not the reason for the ban.
Okay, I just went down the rabbit hole. You're right. They were one of the ones who was banned for offering private tour services on Disney property.

Looking at their channel, it looks like they've been "unbanned," however. That's a relief. I wonder if Disney is giving certain tour guides a second chance if they promise to stop their side business?

Okay, I just went down the rabbit hole. You're right. They were one of the ones who was banned for offering private tour services on Disney property.

Looking at their channel, it looks like they've been "unbanned," however. That's a relief. I wonder if Disney is giving certain tour guides a second chance if they promise to stop their side business?
I don’t think they’ve been unbanned. They were only banned from WDW property (save for DVC properties they are direct owners of). Looks like they are doing some DLR content instead right now. It also seems like just one of the individuals were banned not both so theoretically one partner could continue filming WDW content solo. But I think they are going through litigation right now to overturn the ban so probably trying to lay low.

This is interesting.

I averaged out the price of a CL Studio across all seasons except what used to be called "Premier" (Christmas/Spring Break). It comes out to 22 points per night, or 660 points per 30-day period (let's call it a "month"). Dues are $9.08 per point, so they're spending approximately $200 per day, or $6,000 a month, for a studio with breakfast, snacks, wine, beer, liquors, and dinner, free maid service, free internet and no utilities. Plus, they have full roam of both AK resorts. Not too shabby.

Yes. And I believe it was the husband who was banned.
Yes, he was banned. It had nothing to do with vlogging. He was working as a third party tour guide (I assume for a company). Many, many third party tour guides got banned as it is against WDW rules.

Yes, he was banned. It had nothing to do with vlogging. He was working as a third party tour guide (I assume for a company). Many, many third party tour guides got banned as it is against WDW rules.
They apparently own a travel agency, or are at least travel agents (why anyone would get into that in to 21st century is beyond me), so believe he was doing it as an adjunct to the travel agency.

They apparently own a travel agency, or are at least travel agents (why anyone would get into that in to 21st century is beyond me), so believe he was doing it as an adjunct to the travel agency.
From watching their video about the banning it sounded like they started doing the travel agent thing after he was banned. I recall a social media post from a year or two ago when they announced he was going to be a tour guide for a third party company.

Regardless I guess this has nothing to do with this thread, so back to the original topic I suppose.

From watching their video about the banning it sounded like they started doing the travel agent thing after he was banned. I recall a social media post from a year or two ago when they announced he was going to be a tour guide for a third party company.

Regardless I guess this has nothing to do with this thread, so back to the original topic I suppose.
Well, they did live on WDW Disney property for a full year, so it sort of applies. The original Junos...who ended up getting banned.

Well, they did live on WDW Disney property for a full year, so it sort of applies. The original Junos...who ended up getting banned.
Good point, I'd completely forgotten about that. I guess the reason he got banned doesn't really apply since that was for other reasons.

This is interesting.

I averaged out the price of a CL Studio across all seasons except what used to be called "Premier" (Christmas/Spring Break). It comes out to 22 points per night, or 660 points per 30-day period (let's call it a "month"). Dues are $9.08 per point, so they're spending approximately $200 per day, or $6,000 a month, for a studio with breakfast, snacks, wine, beer, liquors, and dinner, free maid service, free internet and no utilities. Plus, they have full roam of both AK resorts. Not too shabby.

Probably cheaper than a retirement home for 2 people. Seems pretty good if you don't mind being in a studio the entire time.

There is no DVC rule that prevents a member from staying in the same type of room year round, and there is no Florida law that prevents it, although, as provided by the POS, the member could not use any stays at a DVC Resort to claim residency in Florida, e.g., unless there is a separate legal Florida place of residency, the member would have no right to vote in Florida, no right to a driver's license in in Florida, and no right to claim member pays no state income taxes which applies to person who have resided in Florida for at least 183 days.

when we purchased in 2012, we talked to our guide about this exact situation. they mentioned a transient law that limited length of stay in a room. they could be wrong of course but at that time there seemed to be some limitations

when we purchased in 2012, we talked to our guide about this exact situation. they mentioned a transient law that limited length of stay in a room. they could be wrong of course but at that time there seemed to be some limitations
There are residency laws and transient laws. The residency laws are inapplicable because the POS states that no one can use time spent at a DVC Resort to claim residency in Florida.

Florida transient laws do not limit how long a person can stay in a room. Those laws cover situations where someone is in a room and refuses to leave. and the landlord wants the person gone. There is a 14-day period. If a person has been in a room for at least fourteen days, the person can claim residential status rather than transient status as long as there is other proof of residency, e.g., a driver's license showing the room as a persons address, or the person has no other residency anywhere.

That does not mean the person can necessarily stay. It simply changes the means by which the person can be required to leave. As long as the occupant still has only transient status, the landlord can force him to leave and can get police aid to physically remove the occupant. If there is some arguable basis for residency, the landlord needs to bring an eviction action with a court to have him removed. A DVC member, whose POS says he cannot claim any residency based on staying at the resort could not even assert resideincy after 14 days. The DVC member would retain transient status after 14 days but there is no reason for DVC to remove the member as long as she keeps properly reserving the room, paying any charges to the room, and does not do something bad to give management a reason to get her out of the resort.

Last edited:
I remember one of the CMs at HHI said that there's a rule of a 30 day continuous stay limit. However, you can check out for a day or 2, then check back in for another 30 days. She told me that there are a few guests that spend their entire winters at WDW, but every 30 days, they come up to HHI for the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter