We need a real estate agent!!

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We are looking to buy property in Orlando and would love to get referrals on a real estate agent...we would love any recommendations!!

Oh jeez, I didnt realize this...thank you so much. We are looking in Orlando, within 1 hour to MCO- who do we go to? I dont know where to start!!

I'd start by doing research. Orlando can be a commuting nightmare, so the drive from work would be the best place to start.

Oh jeez, I didnt realize this...thank you so much. We are looking in Orlando, within 1 hour to MCO- who do we go to? I dont know where to start!!

This is of no real help .

If you are looking to buy near Disney say so. If you are buying near MCO which is about 40 min drive from Disney then let us know.

Look at a proper map of Florida ...... study it & then ask ...... And Info will be given .

I had the same question and had some back-n-forth with another member here on the forum, as she is in the process of having a home built and recommended Amy to me... here is Amy's youtube channel, with several walk-through videos of various houses in the area northwest of Disney. Even if you aren't looking in that particular area, the walkthrough videos are entertaining and have helped us improve our list of "must have" and "nice to have" items for a potential move in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQAifEtzEiOcWcx6Emezww

Good luck!

Thank you so much! We are in the very beginning stages of beginning to look for a place down south- we know we want to be driving distance to airport but not necessarily buy "near Disney". I asked on these boards hoping for some insight and direction. I didnt realize that Orlando was "divided" into areas and different real estate agents were used for different parts. It is not that way where we live now so forgive me for asking such a silly question. Hopefully we could do some more research and go from there.

Thank you so much! We are in the very beginning stages of beginning to look for a place down south- we know we want to be driving distance to airport but not necessarily buy "near Disney". I asked on these boards hoping for some insight and direction. I didnt realize that Orlando was "divided" into areas and different real estate agents were used for different parts. It is not that way where we live now so forgive me for asking such a silly question. Hopefully we could do some more research and go from there.

Not a silly question. As others have noted, the Orlando area is quite large with many different characteristics. That is hard to know unless you have spent a lot of time here. It sounds like you have the beginnings of a strategy. Driving distance to the airport. If I might suggest, get a paper map and draw a circle around the airport at the distance you'd be willing to drive. Spend a few weekday mornings looking at Google Maps Traffic to get a sense of the traffic congestion to the various areas. It might change the shape of the map of likely areas. Do you want urban, suburban, golf, or rural? Start picking out a few towns to explore. Spend some time on the internet checking out the character of the towns. I suspect you will begin to hone in on a few likely areas. Spend some time with Zillow (or your favorite real estate site) and explore some properties in that area.

At this point I propose you plan a trip to the area. Take a few days and drive around the areas you have identified. If you do it over a weekend you might find a number of real estate open houses that you could visit. If you think you are close to buying you could start contacting real estate agents located in the areas you have identified. It is possible to find a good agent through Zillow. We did. When looking at one area Zillow kept popping up an agent with a high number of very positive reviews. She turned out to be great.

We spent a lot of time on Zillow and Google Street View before making our trip south to explore areas. Once we started driving around we quickly eliminated a number of areas and zero'd in on a few likely ones. Then one day with the real estate agent looking inside a few houses and we found the place that was right for us.

I wish you good luck in finding your new home!

If you have kids, research the schools to determine what school you want to send your kids to. Then find an agent to look in that area. Actually, Orlando has some horrible schools.

I am retired military and I have always advised to rent for 6-12 months before buying so you have time to learn the area, the traffic, the schools, etc. Even if you are looking for a second home to be a snowbird, you may want to rent the first one or two seasons/years before making a decision to purchase.

Basically all of Orlando is within one hour to the airport (except maybe the northern suburbs).. do you have any other “must-haves” for an area? Budget? Do you need good schools? Are you looking for a more urban feel, new suburbs, or a rural area? I’m a local, and I can help try to steer you to some good areas to look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter