We rented an RV for a week at Disney World!

shawn mazzerle

Earning My Ears
Just spent 8 days at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground in a rented 42ft travel trailer. Amazing. First, the RV had 2 master bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 3 tv's, full kitchen with residential size fridge/freezer combo, leather sleeper couch, and 21ft awning. 2 air conditioners rocked! We rented a golf cart, also. Fireworks, from the beach, with your toes in the sand, never gets old. Trails's End brunch buffet is the best in Orlando. We did the Void, Star Wars Experience, at Disney Springs with the whole family. Incredible. Wore my new prescription glasses on Flight of Passage, under the 3D goggles, and was 10x better than the first time! Did Typhoon Lagoon for the first time (get the clear/green floats for the lazy river.) Best new trick... We always carry the stainless steel tumbler (yeti, members mark, ozark trail, ect) with us. We used the plastic igloo red party cup, and filled it 75% full of water, and then froze it. In the morning, we took said frozen ice cube, from the plastic cup and put it in the tumbler, and then added whatever liquid.Worked all day. Even with adult style liquids.

Sounds great. I've looked into this option myself. How many in your group? Love the idea of 2 bathrooms.

Just spent 8 days at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground in a rented 42ft travel trailer. Amazing. First, the RV had 2 master bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 3 tv's, full kitchen with residential size fridge/freezer combo, leather sleeper couch, and 21ft awning. 2 air conditioners rocked! We rented a golf cart, also. Fireworks, from the beach, with your toes in the sand, never gets old. Trails's End brunch buffet is the best in Orlando. We did the Void, Star Wars Experience, at Disney Springs with the whole family. Incredible. Wore my new prescription glasses on Flight of Passage, under the 3D goggles, and was 10x better than the first time! Did Typhoon Lagoon for the first time (get the clear/green floats for the lazy river.) Best new trick... We always carry the stainless steel tumbler (yeti, members mark, ozark trail, ect) with us. We used the plastic igloo red party cup, and filled it 75% full of water, and then froze it. In the morning, we took said frozen ice cube, from the plastic cup and put it in the tumbler, and then added whatever liquid.Worked all day. Even with adult style liquids.
Was the rented rev delivered right to your campsite? Or did you have to drive it?

2 for the entire trip. Had my family +5, for the first 2 days (7). Camper could sleep 7. We also had our big tent. Hot though.

Was this your first time using a RV? I'm curious about doing this on a future trip but we aren't familiar with campers nor are we handy people. Thanks.

Yes, this was our 1st time renting an RV of any kind, anywhere. I don't suspect you need to be handy at all. My only advice would be, if you decide to rent one, make sure you get a thorough walkthrough on what you need to do about the holding tanks. Depending on how long your trip is, you may need to pull the handle to dump the tanks every now and then. It's not gross or a big deal, we just were not adequately informed on our rig. We loved it so much that now we have a brand new camper sitting in our driveway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!