We want an 8am-EP then 9am-MK. Is this feasible?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
Is this insane? We only have five touring days, and are reaching to maximize every hour. Is this feasible?

a) Arrive Epcot 8:00am (or earlier)
b) Leave Epcot 8:45am
c) Transport gate to gate, 30min
d) Arrive MK 9:15am

This gives 45 minutes of "early touring" at each park. Too aggressive? Too commando? I'm not even sure if a taxi or monorail would be quicker.

Epcot EMH opens at 8am.
MK opens at 9am.

Is this insane? We only have five touring days, and are reaching to maximize every hour. Is this feasible?

This gives 45 minutes of "early touring" at each park. Too aggressive? Too commando? I'm not even sure if a taxi or monorail would be quicker.

Epcot EMH opens at 8am.
MK opens at 9am.

Realistically, in those 45 min, you might be able to do Test Trak and Soarin' and perhaps hit Spaceship Earth on your way out. Taxi to the Contemporary will be quicker than monorail.

With 5 full days to tour the parks, this would not be worth the hustle to me. Can you share your thoughts on why you want to do it?

Why the 45 min at Epcot ? Just to walk around? The countrys will not be open. Seems like a waste and feels rushed Imo.
Yes, definitely rushed. But I think you misunderstood. The 45 min begins when the park opens for EMH at 8:00am. The 45 min would be prime Epcot touring with short lines, I don't understand you calling it a waste. Is Future World not fully open during EMH days?

Why do it? Not a big deal, just looking for 2-3 more Tier 1 attractions.

To each their own, I suppose. For what you're wanting to see, Future World will be open as well as the Frozen ride during EMH from what I understand.

However, I would have a very hard time justifying getting up to be at a park before 8am, only to have time to ride two or three rides (two if you chose to have Frozen as one of your ride choices) and then taking the monorail or paying for a taxi to be at MK for park opening. Unless maybe you're going during an extremely busy time of the year?

I guess your answer lies in is an extra 45 minutes in Epcot worth the energy (and potential cost?) For me, the answer is no. But if you feel it's worth it, then you should do it.

I mean, I guess?? I'm on the side of this being a waste of time. Even with short lines I would not assume that I could ride two or more rides and get my butt back to the monorail within forty-five minutes. Yes, all of Future World will be open...but you're still going to have to walk from the front gate to the attractions and back, plus "short lines" doesn't mean "no lines." And, too, I think allowing only 30 minutes to transit park to park is unduly optimistic, and once again you'll have to walk from front gate to the attractions at MK. In all likelihood, you'd get on the rides you want at Epcot, but end up hitting MK attractions closer to 9:30, and then what's the point? By then everyone who ropedropped MK will have flooded the popular rides anyway.

Five days is tons of time for touring. You have enough time to rope drop every park, with an extra morning to spend how you will.

Might it be better to stay in Epcot until 10 or 10.30 when it gets busier, so you get a bit more done? Book one fastpass for early on, then as soon as you tap into that book two at MK for later and go over after your fast pass. By leaving at 8.45 it seems like you'd be wasting a fair amount of the quieter times travelling, and I believe it's fairly easy to pick up on the day fastpasses at MK

I, personally, would not do this.

While it is possible to do this, it makes little practical sense, due to the wasted amount of travel time... which would be better used INSIDE either park at that time of day.

Park hopping is more "efficient/effective" if done between, say, 11:30am and 4:30pm.

Last edited:
Not worth it to me.

It seems to me for Soaring, it takes 5 mins of walking into the building and the first part of the ride, couple of mins for getting lined up and then 5 mins for the safety chat. Add the 2 mins to get everyone seated and seatbelt check, 5 min for show, 5 min walking to get out of building. So that's about 25 mins for one ride and that's assuming there is no waiting.

I haven't been on TT for a few years, but I believe you have a room or two (holding pens) and design room and then another line before you get to the car. I'd think that's another good 20 mins.

Yes, 25 and 20 adds up to 45, but that's assuming no waits at all, not counting walking times between rides and exiting the park.

If you decide to use a taxi, that means you would be outside the security zone so you'd lose time going through bag check.

I'd go to Epcot early, do what I can, stay until 10 ish, have my FP at MK starting at 10:30. So when you get to MK, you have ride one active and ride two is almost ready to come active.

Easywdw walkabouts has you arriving at Test Track at 9:30 if you RD FEA and arriving at Soarin' at 9:35 if you RD TT. I don't think you can make it back to the park entrance by 9:45 after doing only two tier 1 rides, even if you rode TT single rider and therefore skipped the design part of the ride. And I think the best case scenario for transportation and going through bag check is 45 minutes. You'd be swapping first hour at MK for first hour at Epcot, rather than getting first hour time at both. That might work for you. It all depends what your priorities are.

Yes, definitely rushed. But I think you misunderstood. The 45 min begins when the park opens for EMH at 8:00am. The 45 min would be prime Epcot touring with short lines, I don't understand you calling it a waste. Is Future World not fully open during EMH days?

Why do it? Not a big deal, just looking for 2-3 more Tier 1 attractions.
I'm not sure that you will fit 2 to 3 tier one attractions into 45 minutes to be honest, and I think that is why most people don't think this is a great plan. Future World is big, it takes a fair bit of time to walk from Test Track to Soarin, and even without long lines, Test Track is going to take probably 15 minutes at least to get through, perhaps longer. Soarin' is similar, with the minimum time through being at least 15 minutes, and 20 or 25 being much more typical even with almost no line.

Test Track is no stranger to breakdowns, glitches, and delays of every imaginable kind, even first thing in the morning. Last year we got in line first thing, rope drop, should have been no real wait. Went through the design studio, went through the line merge, and were maybe 3 people back from loading when progress stopped. We stood there a good 10 minutes before they announced that the ride was closing, and we would have to leave. It probably took another 5 minutes to get us out of the building, so we were in maybe 25 to 30 minutes, and didn't even get to ride. We returned later in the day with the paper FP that they gave us, got to the ramp just after the line merge, again the ride went down, and we were evacuated, this time with nearly 40 minutes having been spent standing in the line.

For me, that would be a lot of hustling, with a pretty tight schedule, to get 2 rides in. I think I would pick one park, or the other for that morning, and not try to do both, but that is just me. Only you know what will work best for your family, we are just answering your question for you. However, I will point out that you must have some reservations about the plan, otherwise you wouldn't have come here and asked if we thought it was "too aggressive, too commando," which honestly, I do think it is, and I have some experience with being too aggressive, and too commando.

I would not do this but I will say before Pandora I did do AK 8 am RD and then I would go to HS and I had FP there starting at 10 I only did 3 things at AK the safari EE ( some times2x) and diansours. and this was moving fast.

I would agree with Mickey's Best Girl. Give yourself 2 hours in the first park and you should be able to complete Soarin, Mission Space and TT. (possibly 1 or 2 of the Tier 2 attractions as well). FP in the second park. Even at that pace you will be moving really fast - walking time between attractions adds up.

I've done something like what the OP was thinking of, but I did it solo. I would do an EMH park while my family slept in, then meet them at another park around 9:45.

Depending on how fast you run or walk, you might get two rides in. Frozen is a good 10to 15 min walk from the entrance so I would do that one first. Then try soarin or test track. But for me, I would never consider it. With five days, you have a full day at each park and a couple night t8me visits for fireworks. Why make yourself crazy?

Epcot EMH opens at 8am.
MK opens at 9am.

I'm assuming you are trying to fit TT and Soarin' in? IMHO, there is no way you could do FEA plus another tier 1 in 45 minutes. The walk back and forth to FEA alone will eat up 20 minutes of your time. I would just keep in mind, that everyone else at EMH will be trying to do exactly what you are doing (maximizing the early touring time for shorter lines) so, while your first ride may be close to a walk-on, the second ride line will build while you're on the first. Even if there are no lines, we're talking 5 minutes to walk to the first ride, at least 5 minutes of waiting (pre-show or car design) a 3-5 minute ride, exiting and then walking to the other ride or exiting. A good 15 minutes is just taken up by walking. That leaves you 30 minutes to ride both rides. I don't think it's doable quite honestly. If you pair a tier 1 EP with a tier 2 close by (like pairing TT with MS or Soarin' with Nemo), you might get something out of it? But you won't be getting to MK early. If you want to try and understand things might not go according to plan, sure! I think you would be better off concentrating on one park in the morning and not spending precious touring time traveling between parks.

Epcot EMH opens at 8am.
MK opens at 9am.

I think it sounds insane and totally something I’d try to do! I’d be at Epcot by like 7:15. Head to Soarin first as soon as the rope drops. Then do TT in single rider line. Uber to the Contemporary and walk to MK. Have your fastpasses there.

One day with my husband we spontaneously went to AK when they opened at 7 am (we just happened to wake up early) did a few rides, and then went to Epcot at 9 for fastpasses and food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter