We WISH You A Disney Happy Holidays – December Challenge

and then there's Disney style!

Decorations help set the mood for Christmas celebrations.

QOTD: What are you going to do over the next week to 'set the mood' to make it a week that counts?
Bonus Q: What kind of Christmas style does your family home have?

I decorated home this year and I cut a lot of things i don't like that my husband usually puts. He objected little.. but not too much.

I have Christmas meal this Sunday with bunch of ladies and it's Christmas jumper themed.
We have panto & meal just the 3 of us on 23rd of December (panto is family comedy show)
We have meal out with family on 24th of December - tradition
We are all in my mother in law 25th, and all bringing food

We have meal out on 31st of December in my favorite restaurant - just the 3 of us.

We also have many people coming to visit us, and we are visiting few people too!

It's month of celebrations here really. I am already in mood, but work is so crazy busy -it's killing my mood little bit!

It's suppose to be empowering, but in my opinion isn't. I like her a lot but I felt the book falls short - the diet fix and lean habits are better dietary advise (different approaches). I enjoyed some of it, but it left me feeling that I am not good enough. I have genetic condition that makes building muscle hard, and I need to moderate my workouts and I felt her advise was geared towards someone like her - genetically build for lifting.

I think if you are overweight it wont give sufficient advise to lose weight
I think if you have 10 pounds to lose, it may end up making you feel guilty that you want to
I think if you have genetic contention, that makes it hard for you to do a lot of the exercises, you will end up feeling not good enough as many of the examples of how bad **s people that can dead lift double their weight are. and some people will end up injured if they go after such goals

She is suppose to promote self acceptance and moderation but didn't feel any better after reading it

Daily accountability:

Lose 5 pounds...
had a good/nutritious food day, but way too much sugar.
Walk outdoors... ended up going out to dinner instead of walking, but the goal is at least once a week, so I can still make it happen.
Daily gratitude... I'm going to give myself a job well done on this.
Spread peace... yesterday I had some stress at work, the kind that usually sends me down a rabbit hole of internal self defeating dialog, but I kept telling myself I could choose stress or I could choose peace and I managed to pull myself out of it. I've also managed to re-balance myself in my relationship with my Sister and find peace there as well.

I can't figure out what is going on with my juice cleanse order... it was on the front porch when I got home last night but on-line still shows as having been delivered somewhere in New Jersey. But since I've got it, I'm going to start the cleanse tomorrow which is better than trying to start it on a work day, as being (mostly) at home, I won't be super cranky around other people. I am planning on having a few things other than the juice, but just things like steamed veggies and white rice, so I'll need to go thru the fridge and pantry tonight to make certain I am all ready to go.

Other than that plans for the weekend are pretty low key. I need to go back out to my favorite yarn store... last weekend I got a skein of yarn to make finger-less mitts for my Niece, which I really love but feel like they are too simple to be her primary gift, so I decided to give her and her husband each both mitts and a hat but I only had enough of her yarn left over to make a headband, which I really like, but again it just doesn't seem like enough. So I need more of her yarn. His hat is already knit and I do have enough yarn left over for a pair of mitts. Seems like a long way to go (45 minute drive) for one skein of yarn, so I'm sure I'll buy something else as well...

And I will get my out doors time in. There's a nice park with a river close to the yarn store, so I may stop there for a bit.

Have a wonderful healthful weekend everyone!

And a peace quote for today:

Best%252520peace%252520quotes%252520ideas%252520pics%252520images%252520photos%252520pictures%252520%252520%25252840%252529.jpg

What are you going to do over the next week to 'set the mood' to make it a week that counts?
Bonus Q: What kind of Christmas style does your family home have?

I am going to start walking again - to help set that mood I am going to try putting my shoes, socks and walking clothes out each night so that I don't have to look for them and can just change and go in the mornings.

We have tree (fake one - too hot here for a real one), decorations over windows and some new giant baubles hanging from the arch between lounge/dining room which I am really liking, we have some simple outdoor lights. Its funny but I have found as the kids have gotten a little older the last few years both they and I are a bit more into the decorations maybe we are all just trying to make the most of the magic - plus I have a little more $$ these days compared to some really tight times when they were younger.

It's suppose to be empowering, but in my opinion isn't. I like her a lot but I felt the book falls short - the diet fix and lean habits are better dietary advise (different approaches). I enjoyed some of it, but it left me feeling that I am not good enough. I have genetic condition that makes building muscle hard, and I need to moderate my workouts and I felt her advise was geared towards someone like her - genetically build for lifting.

I think if you are overweight it wont give sufficient advise to lose weight
I think if you have 10 pounds to lose, it may end up making you feel guilty that you want to
I think if you have genetic contention, that makes it hard for you to do a lot of the exercises, you will end up feeling not good enough as many of the examples of how bad **s people that can dead lift double their weight are. and some people will end up injured if they go after such goals

She is suppose to promote self acceptance and moderation but didn't feel any better after reading it

Thanks for the updated opinion - I am sorry that it turned out to be a disappointment. I do think sometimes that some of the trainers who write books/run programs assume everyone is like them and just write from their own point of view not really taking into consideration that many of the people looking for help have a great variety of needs/issues that led to their weight gain and not just an unwillingness to 'train hard/eat clean'

Thanks for keeping the chatter going for the day - I fell asleep early on the couch last night and didn't get to post a QOTD! Thanks for yet another inspiring post @Oneanne.

Yesterday was the last day of the school term here for the year. I have 3 work days next week and then I am on break. I have a lot to do in those 3 days - I have made a 'to do' list and just need to work through it. I am sooooo looking forward to being on break for 5 weeks!

It is already my Saturday morning so I am off to get things done - I will be back tonight to post a Question for the weekend - enjoy your Friday night :thumbsup2

Santa.png
Okay not quite the Disneyland style visit to Santa ....

But this weekend all of us grown ups are going to visit Santa

QOTD: What are you going to ask Santa for this Christmas?

Last edited:
I have organized a group lunch for my classmates today. They are all in the age range of my first and second child and they don’t seem to really have enough experience with the potluck concept. So I made sure to make enough food to just convince them to all eat as a group today anyway whether they brought something or not since this is our last time that we can do this before we graduate. I made a big pot of my mom’s chili recipe. I bought some cheap tortilla chips. After this morning’s final exam when I will be going home for a little while, I’ll also bring back some rice and a sweet potato dish for our meal at noon. It all worked out fine since I’m an auditory learner and I was able to relisten to a pathology lecture while I worked on food in the middle of the night.

And I can I just say? I really enjoyed cooking for once this year! I do love to cook and not having time or energy or focus to spend on that has been rough during this year back in school. I love to feed people to. Having a bunch of food issues pretty much screws it up too often, but I’m glad I did this for my class and for Alex whose bday is today. I even made her a funfetti cake from a mix because that is what she requested. Lol. :cake:

Last edited:

I also need some help with financial matters. I just had to buy myself an early Christmas present today - a new washing machine - I just cannot take the unbalanced noise and cycle interruptions from my old one anymore. I also would like a sense of peace and joy in 2018 for the kids and I. @HappyGrape your Santa wish would help with that somewhat. It has been interesting this year to watch my DS17 appear quite anxious watching the news reports - I think it was because he realises that at his age in the next few years if the worst happened - there may be an expectation for his involvement at some level. Scary times - so I would love to move away from all of that and have a return to a sense of peace and security where we can all focus positively on the future.

Good Morning All - Welcome to Monday :rainbow:

lets perk ourselves up at the start of the week with some holiday themed music/song

I have kicked things of with a Disney Christmas Carol Medley - sit for a minute hit play and enjoy - it only goes for 1 minute 35 seconds. For those of you who celebrate Hanukkah I did look for a Disney Hanukkah song - there was one but I wasn't sure about it and did not want to offend anyone - so if you want to share a Hanukkah celebration song I would love that :-)

QOTD: What are you excited about achieving this week and will music play a role in achieving that goal?
Bonus Q: What is your favourite holiday song?

View attachment 287793
Okay not quite the Disneyland style visit to Santa ....

But this weekend all of us grown ups are going to visit Santa

My husband and I are really bad at not buying stuff right when we want them so I don't know what I want to ask for. Money seems to be what we ask for all the time. I use it to either buy clothes or this year will to help pay off the cruise. I am also going to ask that in this new year that we do not have any broken bones, no one needs PT and that we stay healthy. This past year has been rough.

QOTD: Trump to retire from politics. I am sorry if this upsets someone

I completely agree. He needs to go.

Good Morning All - Welcome to Monday :rainbow:

lets perk ourselves up at the start of the week with some holiday themed music/song

I have kicked things of with a Disney Christmas Carol Medley - sit for a minute hit play and enjoy - it only goes for 1 minute 35 seconds. For those of you who celebrate Hanukkah I did look for a Disney Hanukkah song - there was one but I wasn't sure about it and did not want to offend anyone - so if you want to share a Hanukkah celebration song I would love that :-)

QOTD: What are you excited about achieving this week and will music play a role in achieving that goal?

This week I am just trying to survive my last week of work before vacation. I am hoping to get more shopping done and I have to get the turkey this week (like today or tomorrow) because my husbands family moved up the day we are getting together. Music will not play a huge part in achieving my goal but will help to make it a little brighter as i am driving all over the place.

My favorite song is "Baby it is Cold Outside" and the song about wanting a Hippo for Christmas. Baby it is Cold Outside is a song that my husband and I would stop decorating and dance to before we had kids and when they were really little. And well the hippo song is just funny and kids and love to sing with it when it comes one. I do really love all the songs especially from Nat King Cole, Bing Crobsy and anyone else from that era.

+++++++++

Well it was one rough weekend. My daughter and I got into it as she was having an attitude and started to mock me while I was yelling at her. This did not end well for her. I think she is test things again as she is moving into more of a teenage phase. Hopefully she has learned her lesson. This spilled over into Saturday. So on top of dealing with her I was trying to get the house cleaned because we were having friends over to bake cookies, shop for what we needed, take DD to a birthday party, DS had a basketball game and just the stress of the shopping for Santa and my DH's grandmother and then to top it off just being scarred and worried about DS's surgery coming up was just a little bit too much for me. On top of this our credit card stopped working. This is the one that we use to get extra rewards points and then pay it off every month. My husband gave me a little bit of an attitude about the house not being spotless when we were having people over and I just lost it. We weren't together at the time and were just on the phone with each other. He was with his grandmother and was on speaker so I didn't say anything but I was in the parking lot at Burger King and just started to cry. I texted him and told him that I needed him to lay off of it because I just didn't need him to add to my already high stress level I was having. Things were fine and he apologized. He even did a load of dishes before I got home. He does most of the cleaning and cooking in the house but I do all the running around. I think he just realized how much i was dealing with right now. I needed a good cry but I pulled myself together since I was not at home.

The cookie baking went really good and we are making it tradition. We had lots of fun. Now I have tons of cookies in my house. Thankfully I don't like most of them. But we did make chocolate chip cookies and I love them. I did really good on Saturday to not eat a ton of dough. My maybe only ate about 1 cookie worth instead of half the dough that I make. We Sunday rolled around and we made homemade beef veggie soup int he crock pot. it just was not cooking so I got really hungry and snacked on a few cookies. I think I had like 6 yesterday. We finally switched the soup from the crock pot to the stove and it cooked much faster and was really good. It will be a good healthy lunch for the week.

I didn't track this weekend as I know it was really bad. I will be back at it today. However I was really shocked that I am still down some weight. Not as much as I would like but still down.

Check in -- I am at 3% I think. I am not sure I did my math right but it sounds about right.

If anyone wants to check my math here are the numbers.

Started the month at 143 pounds
Today I weigh 142.6
My goal is to lose 6 pounds this month

I am hoping for a much better week. However next Saturday is going to be busy. DD has and eye dr appointment at 9 (I think this is for her. I am not sure it it is for me though), we have tickets to see Star Wars at 12:30 and then my son has a Basketball game at 6. I thought this was going to be a day that was free to get stuff done. I will just have to go Sunday.

Hm...
I went one week eating above maintenance
Last week was in maintenance
I want to eat in deficit this week

I purchased early Christmas gift for myself, 108 days mindfulness journal (lululemon) and looking forward starting on it. Day one, they suggest thinking about what time of the day you will have time for it, what can you do to make yourself comfortable and what do you want to get out of it. I am tempted jumping ahead, but I wont! so looking forward for the first 7 days of that

I am lately more into listening to podcasts on my walks, so not sure about music to be honest.

QOTD 1: I'm going to ask Santa for world peace... and there are a lot of things that have to happen to get us there, including granting @HappyGrape's Christmas wish.

QOTD 2: The first part of this week I'm doing the juice cleanse... so what I hope to achieve is to successfully complete it. So far so good, except that I've been very hungry. I think that over the weekend I didn't drink enough bottles early enough in the day. I brought three with me to work today, but probably should have brought four. I do have some rice to have for lunch, so that I have something in my belly beside liquids. I'd also like to finish knitting the gifts I'm giving my Niece and Nephew-in-law. I haven't been using patterns, and I think I've knit everything at least three times now to get them right, and now have decided to completely re-do her hat, because I love the yarn and the hat I created just doesn't do it justice. I've ripped back his mitt three times and finally like what I have going, except that I didn't make enough stitches for the thumb, so I have to rip back again... and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have enough yarn after all... at least this time it came from my local yarn store just up the street.

Favorite Christmas song... I always say 'Silver Bells', but I really like pretty much all of them. Oh, and I am particularly fond of CeeLo Green's versions of 'You're a Mean One Mr Grinch' and 'Run Rudolph Run'.

Daily accountability:
Lose 5 pounds...
goal met, wait, what? As my starting weight I have to use what was on the scale at the doctor's office when I did my wellness check, because my home scale died and I hadn't weighed myself at home since then. Yesterday I finally got a new scale, and this morning, adjusting -3 pounds for the clothing I was wearing and the breakfast I had just eaten when I got weighted at the doctors, I am down 5 pounds. It seems like a lot all of a sudden, but I feel it in my body, so I think it is right.
Walk outside... spent some time out of doors, but can always do more.
Daily gratitude... was on my mind a lot, so I'm going to say I earned this one.
Spread Peace... over the weekend I did some early shopping both days before things got crazy busy, enhancing my own person sense of peace. And then I spent the remainder of the days at home, keeping my cranky old self to my self, adding to the sense of peace in my community. I can already tell I'm going to be testy today, so good thing my Boss is working from home.

upload_2017-12-11_8-0-3.png

Happy Monday, all! I had a decent weekend-- I weighed in at WW for the first time since Thanksgiving and still had a small loss (even with my occasional indulgences these past two weeks!), so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can still make a little progress this month.

We completed inventory in record time, so this weekend wasn't completely dedicated to work after all. But it was still too late for the gym... I was counting up my progress, and I am going to have to get kicking if I am going to meet my gym goal... I'm slacking there a little bit. Speaking of, my progress is as such:

WW Meetings: 1/4
Gym Classes: 3/15
Days Tracked: 5/20

Averaging out to 23%

Well, up until 5 minutes ago I was excited about getting all my gym time in this week-- then DH came into my office and told me to cancel my class tonight because we are going out to dinner for his brother's birthday. I really wish they could plan this stuff out earlier... I could have gone this morning (maybe!) had I known. Oh well-- just gotta roll with it.

What I am most excited about this week is tracking and being at peace and happy with myself no matter the outcome. Music definitely plays a role in my overall happiness all the time, so I've been having to holiday music playing all the time with no intentions to stop until Dec 26th.

I love wayyyyyyyy too many holiday songs to pick a favorite! But Grown Up Christmas List really resonates with me the older I get.

As for Hanukkah music, I always enjoy the Voices of Liberty Hanukkah medley. Here is a video I found on Youtube from two years ago, but they were still performing it when I was there last weekend.

Tomorrow night is the first night of Hanukkah, and I will be celebrating with my cousin. I am supposed to bring desserts... And I would love to be traditional but fried foods don't travel well and aren't as good cold, so I may just make my red velvet cake a blue velvet cake and call it night! Haha!

QOTD: My goal for this week is to get back into strength training and music definitely plays a part. I have a specific workout playlist that I listen to that I crafted to be full of songs that pump me up and give me energy. I'm looking forward to getting back into weights after about 3 weeks off!

Bonus QOTD: My favorite Christmas hymn is O Holy Night and my favorite secular Christmas song is All I Want for Christmas Is You (although Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande is creeping up there!). But I just love Christmas music. I start listening to it on Thanksgiving and it's pretty much all I listen to through Christmas day.

I just want to make it through the week and 4 PM Friday begin my two week break! I am soooo ready. Music won't really play a major part of it except normally I listen to silence and will probably have the radio tuned to the station playing Christmas music. I love Little Drummer Boy (is that the name of it?!), pah rum pum pum pum. I like it all. Love it at church when we sing Silent Night.

I'm struggling today. Been a munch mouth! Doesn't help that I didn't get any work out in. But I did have a fun breakfast with an old friend and got some errands run after work. Tomorrow's a new day and I'll be up at oh dark thirty to head to the gym!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!