Wearing a sundress to the parks - any issues you've come across?

I wear boy short style underwear under my sundresses. I also could not care less if someone accidentally saw my underwear.
well,I started on my quest for something more 'secure' after one particular mishap on a vacation,on a windy day,in a very flowy skirt....let's just say the college guys behind me are probably still blind:bitelip::rotfl2: I'm still searching.... would shorter or slightly longer be better?

Try Jockey skimmies - they are slip shorts. So, they are thinner, but provide 'privacy'. They stay in place and they sell a cooling version.

What kind of shoes do y'all wear with dresses? I've always thought I'd be miserable in anything other than sneakers.
I love my Teva Kayenta shoes. They're ridiculously comfortable, dry fast when wet and I think they look ok with a dress. I've got them in a ton of different colors.

DSC_0833_zpsk295oiqy.jpg

Last edited:

I have a black, full-coverage bathing suit bottom that I wear with shorter sundresses. I plan to wear them with my sports bra under my dress when I am at AK in 4 days! This outfit will keep me cool, modest and dries quickly.

I pretty much only wear dresses and the one ride that is iffy is space mountain... just have to concentrate a little harder on not flashing the world.

I will be wearing dresses for my 8 days in August. I won't wear shorts under and I've never had a problem.

I can second the Jockey skimmies. I got them in the short length for one of our trips and definitely liked them. I don't usually wear any shorts under my dresses at work or elsewhere, but really liked not having to think about showing off too much should I get in a hurry on/off rides in the parks.

well those sparkle skirts are cute, but I'm thinking about the closet full of sundresses I already have..... I tried a method on my walk last night to keep the jockey skimmies from riding up(I have a longer pair) a youtube video said to turn the bottom cuff inside itself a couple of inches to keep it in place,that helped bit on a 45 minute walk in hot weather. I'm going to give the target brand noted here a try....

Ok I tried these....and I have issues with them riding up my legs over the day..... UGH! I want to like them, b/c I like the security, but they just don't work for me..... are compression shorts better at staying put all day? I like how comfortable they are, but the ride up is just too much
I've worn ones that are banded at the bottom (Jockey Skimmies) and, ironically, those ride up. The unbanded, JKY slipshorts from Target do not ride up on me. I don't like ones that go higher than my waist because then they ride down and bunch up.

I've worn ones that are banded at the bottom (Jockey Skimmies) and, ironically, those ride up. The unbanded, JKY slipshorts from Target do not ride up on me. I don't like ones that go higher than my waist because then they ride down and bunch up.
OK- I got a pair from Target today.... trying them out and so far they are far less annoying than the more $$ Jockey skimmies! I would have assumed the opposite! I'll give them a workout later on a long walk and see how it goes. I also like the fabric better with the JKY ones, for some reason the other Jockey skimmies feel sticky on my dress fabric,which causes problems too

OK- I got a pair from Target today.... trying them out and so far they are far less annoying than the more $$ Jockey skimmies! I would have assumed the opposite! I'll give them a workout later on a long walk and see how it goes. I also like the fabric better with the JKY ones, for some reason the other Jockey skimmies feel sticky on my dress fabric,which causes problems too
Looking forward to hearing your report!

Stretch cotton bike shorts from Just My Size under every dress, all summer long, total godsend and they're under $10 each. (I'm a plus-size gal. Bet you could find standard-size equivalent.)

I tend to wear dresses that hit at the knee and these end a few inches above the knee, so YMMV.

Any rides you can foresee being problems with flashing?
It's not so much the straddle rides, but rides you step down into, or up out of that have flash potential. Space mountain has been brought up. I would add kali river rapids to that list of rides to be cautious on. While seated myself, a young lady stepped into the ride and paused there on the step for what seemed a long time to me. She was unaware that owing to her position and posture, me and my neighbors were eye to eye with her unobstructed nethers.

She was unencumbered, beyond the ineffectual dress skirt, by any other attempt to rein that in down there. Generally I'm far from a prude, a panty flash is not the end of the world in my household but ... I had to cough politely to get this kind soul to drop the curtain on that show, so to speak.

It's not so much the straddle rides, but rides you step down into, or up out of that have flash potential. Space mountain has been brought up. I would add kali river rapids to that list of rides to be cautious on. While seated myself, a young lady stepped into the ride and paused there on the step for what seemed a long time to me. She was unaware that owing to her position and posture, me and my neighbors were eye to eye with her unobstructed nethers.

She was unencumbered, beyond the ineffectual dress skirt, by any other attempt to rein that in down there. Generally I'm far from a prude, a panty flash is not the end of the world in my household but ... I had to cough politely to get this kind soul to drop the curtain on that show, so to speak.
This made me laugh so hard! :rotfl:

I bought Jockey "skimmies" slip shorts and they are a lifesaver! I have a problem with thigh rub, and these are super lightweight, moisture wicking, and just perfect under a dress. I actually ended up wearing them under regular shorts as well for the moisture wicking and didn't have any issues with the thin material feeling bulky
Yep, Jockey brand "skimmies" are the way to go. Super lightweight and comfortable, and moisture wicking. I got a couple of pairs at Macy's in the lingerie department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!