Wearing a sundress to the parks - any issues you've come across?

Stupid question. For those who wear skimmies, etc, do you still wear underwear or do consider that your undies!

Depends on the material and thickness, and what I'm wearing over it. 100% cotton undershorts, probably no additional underwear. Mostly thin nylon/spandex? Probably need underwear.

I haven't read all the responses, but why not simply wear a swimsuit bottom rather than shorts or regular underwear?

I've had no issues! If you don't like wearing shorts under just pack them and throw them on before getting on a ride in which a dress might be an issue.

I wear dresses in the park almost exclusively. I wear Lycra underneath( think Spanx or biker shorts) to prevent chafing and just in case I flash anyone!
Getting OUT of Space Mountain is always a little embarrassing, but that's quick and worth the cool breeze all day!

I tend to wear skirts most of my days at Disney. Usually long ones/maxi dresses, but never anything shorter than knee length. I just wear more modest boyshort style underwear underneath and use a silicone based anti-chafing gel on my thighs to prevent chafing. I don't remember the skirt ever being a hindrance, and I don't think I've ever flashed anyone!

I got this dress from Target in 4 different colors, and wore them all in Disney a couple weeks ago. It was the perfect summer dress in my opinion. I did not wear spanx or shorts underneath (hell no with the Florida heat and humidity!)..and I did not have a problem on any rides. I thought this was a million times more comfortable than shorts.20170611_110659-1209x1612.jpg

I got this dress from Target in 4 different colors, and wore them all in Disney a couple weeks ago. It was the perfect summer dress in my opinion. I did not wear spanx or shorts underneath (hell no with the Florida heat and humidity!)..and I did not have a problem on any rides. I thought this was a million times more comfortable than shorts.View attachment 246982

:offtopic: a little off topic, but can you share details about your sandals in this photo? (what are they, were they comfortable in the parks?) :)

:offtopic: a little off topic, but can you share details about your sandals in this photo? (what are they, were they comfortable in the parks?) :)

Absolutely! Bought them years ago at Payless, been through 2 Disney trips, and they are perfect! No blisters, more comfortable than gym shoes, perfect for getting wet....and they were super affordable. I got mine years ago, but I'm pretty sure these are the exact same thing:
https://m.payless.com/womens/sandals/77189.html?dwvar_77189_color=black

Absolutely! Bought them years ago at Payless, been through 2 Disney trips, and they are perfect! No blisters, more comfortable than gym shoes, perfect for getting wet....and they were super affordable. I got mine years ago, but I'm pretty sure these are the exact same thing:
https://m.payless.com/womens/sandals/77189.html?dwvar_77189_color=black

Thank you, thank you! :goodvibes I am always on the lookout for fashionable yet comfortable sandals for trips like Disney. These look great!

I haven't read all the responses, but why not simply wear a swimsuit bottom rather than shorts or regular underwear?

Oh, please don't do this!

Due to time constraints (in the military, wanted to be able to swim on break) I spent one hot week wearing a swimsuit bottom instead of regular underwear and ended up with the most horrible case of heinie acne imaginable. I actually went to the doc on base because I thought I'd contracted some weird disease. Once he stopped laughing, he told me that our rear ends need to breathe. Swimsuits are meant to be worn in the water, not under your uniform skirt. Then he prescribed talcum powder and cotton undies.

Please learn from my painful experience, and don't make the same mistake I did. :laughing:

I always wear dresses with no shorts underneath and never have a problem. You can definitely just pull it between your legs on the rides.

yNlCkaO.jpg

This is the kind of dress I wear in the parks, both Disney and Universal. It's called a "skate dress" (because it looks like the sort of dress figure skaters wear) and it's about... oh, four inches above the knee? Still plenty long to sit on and pull between my legs on rides.

I like them because they're comfortable, and they're made of light synthetic fabric that doesn't wrinkle and dries very quickly.

Sometimes I wear spandex shorts under them, but most of the time I don't. I don't think I've ever flashed anyone.

Also, they take up next to no room in your luggage.

Oh my goodness...bless your heart...lol. There's really nothing like being laughed at by your physician. I've had a few laugh at me too. One reason I don't go to them often, actually. My appendix burst because I was scared to go the doctor and he laugh and tell me it was just gas.

Oh, poor you!

I told myself he was probably just happy it wasn't some weird new butt-eating disease. Also, I'm betting I wasn't the first girl who'd ever had this particular "brilliant" idea! :p

Aside from the possible "flash", my concern is the exposed shoulders and sunburn. Is there a better sunscreen to used that may be more forgiving if you forget to reapply every 2 hours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter