Weather at Castaway Cay?

auntrenae

Dis Veteran and CM
We sail on the Dream this Sunday 2/24/2020, and since it's been very cold the last few days in Orlando, could anyone who'se just been to CC tell me what the weather has been like? I don't know whether to take swimwear or cold weather gear, lol! BRRR! It was 53 degrees here today!

Thanks! I'll be adding a few warmer clothes and taking out that extra swimsuit! It looks like it won't be warm enough to snorkel at CC with it just in the mid 70's. I'll keep checking till Sunday evening, then decide for sure. I really appreciate the link! ( sorry, double post, don't know how that happened)

I just was at CC on Thursday..... plenty of people including me were in the water.... definitely a little chilly in the water but once you acclimate you’re fine!! Hope this helps!!

We have been to CC twice in February. After you get in and get over the initial shock of the cool water, you get used to it. Just like getting into a pool in the early summer in Ohio!

It never seems to me that the water temperature changes in CC regardless of the air temperature (May, December and January - never felt different). It's always bit cold when you go in but you get used to it quickly. We were there in late January and the temperature in Orlando was 53 degrees but in the mid to high 70's at CC with little wind. We are usually there in December when the air temperatures are in the 80's but with the wind it's cold. It was actually really nice to be there in moderate temperatures but no wind.

I've taken to wearing long swim pants and a long-sleeved swim shirt which not only helps to keep you warmer in the water but is less shocking when you get out especially if there's wind. I'll never go back to a regular bathing suit. Once it dries, it's like wearing regular clothes so if it's a bit cooler out, you still feel reasonably comfortable.

We have been to CC in December and January and a couple of times it was barely 70 there. What that feels like depends whether it’s sunny or not, windy or not... regardless it will be a few degrees warmer than Florida. Enjoy the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!