Weather

Just curious: do you have any shoes from the Sanuk store in Disney Springs? I'm interested in that place, I hear they have great shoes :) I want to check it out!
Last October I went on an unexpected trip to DLR with no good park shoes. Went to Sanuk and picked up flip flops and wore them all weekend. Plan to take them for my rain option at WDW. Will wear tennis shoes at other times. Love the Sanuk! I'm sure I paid way too much. Don't care. Got to be on property at DLR for the first (and maybe last) time ever with my brothers family. Totally worth it.

I am seeing a lot of love on here for the Sanuk sandal and I am wondering if anyone with PF/bad feet has warn them all day in the parks. My go to shoes for the park has always been crocs capri's but they are no good in the rain because when they are wet they are beyond slippery. I have falling in my front yard numerous time because my sprinkler makes a puddle in the walkway.

The Sanuk's dont appear to have any arch support. do they actually feel good after walking all day?

I am seeing a lot of love on here for the Sanuk sandal and I am wondering if anyone with PF/bad feet has warn them all day in the parks. My go to shoes for the park has always been crocs capri's but they are no good in the rain because when they are wet they are beyond slippery. I have falling in my front yard numerous time because my sprinkler makes a puddle in the walkway.

The Sanuk's dont appear to have any arch support. do they actually feel good after walking all day?
I don't have flat feet but my answer is no. I can not wear Sanuk's in the park all day. They are soft and comfy but offer no support and are horrible for me to wear for 12+ miles of walking in the parks. Great for wearing around the room at night or around the resort short term but not pounding pavement mile after mile.

I don't have flat feet but my answer is no. I can not wear Sanuk's in the park all day. They are soft and comfy but offer no support and are horrible for me to wear for 12+ miles of walking in the parks. Great for wearing around the room at night or around the resort short term but not pounding pavement mile after mile.

Thanks for letting me know-back on the hunt for a good park shoe that can get wet without turning into a slip and slide.

Local, frequent park visitor here. For the weather, my recommendation is go to walmart or somewhere that has a sporting good section and see if you can find the thicker ponchos. The Disney ones are cool and we have some of that style for our kids, but they are thin and expensive. My wife and I still use the same thick ponchos that we bought many years ago. With the thin ones, you still feel kinda wet even when you wear them. Not so with the thick ones. They also make good stroller covers if that is something you will need.

And also on weather, what others have been saying is correct. It will likely rain at least a little bit every day. Expect around an hour or so around mid afternoon. Weather sites will show rain chances for every hour of the day, but that's just because conditions are favorable for rain at any point of the day. We rarely get all day rain here though, so don't worry too much about that.

As for shoes, it does depend on what your feet can handle. My personal preference is the crocs swiftwater shoes. I even bought some in World of Disney at Disney Springs with Mickey ears on them. :) They are comfortable, have a nice sole, and can get wet of course.

I don't have any foot issues, but I wear the yoga mat flip flops in the parks all day all trip long. I also walk my dogs in them all spring and summer.

If you need arch support, though, they wouldn't be a good option for all day in the parks.

DW's and I little secret is to pack as much as 10 pair of shoes. A pair when it's sunny, a pair when a little rain is expected, a pair for heavy rain, a pair for the pool… you get the idea.

Nobody can control weather but AT LEAST we can pick the right shoes.
As other posters pointed out, you're going to WDW and you're going to enjoy it no matter the weather! Sit back, relax, and don't forget you can always buy more shoes at Disney Springs! (I know well: we'll have 11 pair of shoes on our journey home :rotfl:)

You can never have enough shoes at Disney! I used the hair dryer on DH's sneakers because 3 pair were wet in one day and were not drying. I put them on the balcony but the humidity was just too much and they weren't drying in the room. I have learned to pack at least 5 pair for each of us for a 5-day trip. I love tevas and bocs because you can dry them quickly but DH prefers NIKE sneakers so be prepared.

You can never have enough shoes at Disney! I used the hair dryer on DH's sneakers because 3 pair were wet in one day and were not drying. I put them on the balcony but the humidity was just too much and they weren't drying in the room. I have learned to pack at least 5 pair for each of us for a 5-day trip. I love tevas and bocs because you can dry them quickly but DH prefers NIKE sneakers so be prepared.

That's exactly why we have so many shoes!
For reference, my current list includes:
  • two pairs of Adidas Duramo 7, these are running shoes, highly breathable, but once wet take a while to dry
  • one pair of Merrell Moab, these have a Gore-Tex membrane and are a must-have under the Florida rain, you feet cannot get wet with these
  • a pair of Teva's for the water parks (you can't lose them in slides or the the TL wave pool)
  • a pair of flip-flop for hanging around the pools
  • and, just shopped at the Columbia store at Disney Springs, a pair of Techsun Athletic that was on sale for less than $30
I almost forgot that I have another pair of shoes! a pair of Clarks, when we have a reservation at a Signature restaurant in our resort.

Damn, that's just 7 pairs of shoes, and DW has as many shoes that I have!
I just realize we could probaby fill one baggage only with our shoes. :rotfl2:

That's exactly why we have so many shoes!
For reference, my current list includes:
  • two pairs of Adidas Duramo 7, these are running shoes, highly breathable, but once wet take a while to dry
  • one pair of Merrell Moab, these have a Gore-Tex membrane and are a must-have under the Florida rain, you feet cannot get wet with these
  • a pair of Teva's for the water parks (you can't lose them in slides or the the TL wave pool)
  • a pair of flip-flop for hanging around the pools
  • and, just shopped at the Columbia store at Disney Springs, a pair of Techsun Athletic that was on sale for less than $30
I almost forgot that I have another pair of shoes! a pair of Clarks
I feel so inadequate. I'm embarrassed to say that all I have are two pair of generic, that's another word for cheap, black sneakers. I'd only have one pair, but the second pair are back up for when the first pair get wet.

I feel so inadequate. I'm embarrassed to say that all I have are two pair of generic, that's another word for cheap, black sneakers. I'd only have one pair, but the second pair are back up for when the first pair get wet.

I used to travel lighter in the past. I didn't even know better shoes (for me) existed until I tried them! Now, it's a blessing when we spend several hours in parks, and my feet stay dry no matter what. I have diabetes, and I want to make sure I have no moisture in my feet. (DW does not have diabetes, though she loves the comfort.)

I throw a newspaper in the suitcase so I can put a scrunched up piece inside my shoes if they get wet. My shoes are Propet Wash and Wear walking shoes, so it doesn't damage them to get wet, but the newspaper helps them dry faster. I always take two pair of shoes.

As a local, I would agree that if you plan for hot, humid, and at least a brief shower each day, you'll be set. It's raining at my house now, and has been for a couple hours now, but looking at the radar, Disney may not be getting the same. My lawn is happy anyway.

The exterior thermometer on my car has been registering in the triple digits driving home from work, and it doesn't measure the "feels like" heat index. So plan on drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated. I'm taking two flats on my September trip instead of the one I usually take.

Thanks for letting me know-back on the hunt for a good park shoe that can get wet without turning into a slip and slide.
I don't know if you ever got a good recommendation- but I love my Chaco's. Great arch support and I wear them into the ocean then go walking around. Good, sturdy sole and they last a long time. Lots of different color options as well but they are a little pricey.

How is the weather right now? We arrive Saturday and the forecast is calling for 80 percent chance of rain all week. That's got me worried! Is the rain usually scattered or continuous?
It rains almost every day in summer for a few hours, and early September is still summer. It won't likely rain all day.

Just curious: do you have any shoes from the Sanuk store in Disney Springs? I'm interested in that place, I hear they have great shoes :) I want to check it out!
I have three pairs of Sanuk sandals. I got them all from Amazon. They are sooo comfortable! I wore them around the parks. The only issue is because the bottoms are made of yoga mats, they get squishy when it rains. Luckily I didn't get caught in heavy rain so I was fine.

I have some FitKicks I got for Xmas... plan on keeping them in my bag for occasional rain (very slim and compact water shoe... not enough cushion for all day... think walking barefoot, but with rubber sole). I will wear supercomfy running shoes to avoid blisters the rest of the day. (Switch when rain seems imminent)

Good + is they are very affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!