Weather?

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
Today, we (SW Ontario, Canada) are once again under Severe T-storm watch, and Tornado warnings!

I. HATE. YOU. SUMMER. OF. 2017!

Glad I am not the only one feeling this way. The temperature here in Michigan has been nice - not too hot, not too humid but otherwise I think it has just sucked!!! A lot of rain or cloudy, gloomy days. Unpredictable for sure!

The weather here has certainly been horrible this summer. I'm in the capital region, NFLDERS, and the rain just won't go away. Our corn crops have been very poor. It cost me 9 dollars for a dozen ear from the farmer stand, which is super pricey. But the rain is just drowning the corn. :(

We're under a tornado watch right now. Our security team just sent out an email about what to do in the event of a tornado. :O

Yea, I'm in western NY so weather is similar here. The wind is what has gotten to me this summer. It is soooo windy lately. My plants & flowers didn't do well this year. Either too much rain or too much wind. Still better than winter tho.

Yea, I'm in western NY so weather is similar here. The wind is what has gotten to me this summer. It is soooo windy lately. My plants & flowers didn't do well this year. Either too much rain or too much wind. Still better than winter tho.
Hey miss BooBoo how you doing?

The weather here has certainly been horrible this summer. I'm in the capital region, NFLDERS, and the rain just won't go away. Our corn crops have been very poor. It cost me 9 dollars for a dozen ear from the farmer stand, which is super pricey. But the rain is just drowning the corn. :(

We're under a tornado watch right now. Our security team just sent out an email about what to do in the event of a tornado. :O

Stay Safe. I'm coming up when our retriever says it is over. Albeit, he does not get as O' MAN caved out as much as I do. lol...IMG_00000127.jpg

I feel your disappointment. Last year's drought took trees, and plants. This year the same as you experienced.
:(

Yesterday...

IMG_00000271.jpg

AND, just now. Charlie led me out of the cave!IMG_00000274.jpg

The shelter still standing, the 2 planters wind blown! :(

Last edited:
Summer has been so hot this year! I'm ready for cooler weather. I think though my to much summer heat complaint is due to the pool I typically swim in has been boarded up by workers. The community pool I've been swimming in is out in the open. The water gets to hot in it It's hardly relaxing. Now with the main pool once again available and with it in the shade most of the time and cooler, summer heat might become more tolerated.

Today, we (SW Ontario, Canada) are once again under Severe T-storm watch, and Tornado warnings!

I. HATE. YOU. SUMMER. OF. 2017!

Again??? We have sunshine/heat and muggy humidity hanging around here. I could use a little more temperate weather...but you can keep the tornadoes!

At my mom's place, they are without power for much today because the power guys need to rewire 14 out of 17(?) houses in their area. It has been soooooo dry (and I can attest to that, having seen with my own eyes cracks in the dirt roads that look like earthquake craters!), that as the ground contracts, it is pulling the electric lines out from the houses and causing fires.

Again??? We have sunshine/heat and muggy humidity hanging around here. I could use a little more temperate weather...but you can keep the tornadoes!

At my mom's place, they are without power for much today because the power guys need to rewire 14 out of 17(?) houses in their area. It has been soooooo dry (and I can attest to that, having seen with my own eyes cracks in the dirt roads that look like earthquake craters!), that as the ground contracts, it is pulling the electric lines out from the houses and causing fires.

Yikes! Stay Safe.

Hey listen or rather read. So.. I'm ereading a book set in the 1800's the author describes the horrible conditions of Chicago where the books character, is trying to get use to the wind, dreary muddy streets; in comparison to the prairie flowers she so badly misses in the western states in spring time. Of course now it'd be the concrete, I thought of you out West.

Last edited:
Hey listen or rather read. So.. I'm ereading a book set in the 1800's the author describes the horrible conditions of Chicago where the books character, is trying to get use to the wind, dreary muddy streets; in comparison to the prairie flowers she so badly misses in the western states in spring time. Of course now it'd be the concrete, I thought of you out West.

Honestly, this sounds sappy, but I still miss seeing the amber waves of grain, listening to the meadowlarks, and living in an area so flat that you can watch your dog run away from home for three days. It is one of the hardest things about coming back here and I totally get what the character is feeling. (Plus, I have lived outside of Chicago, so I doubly get where she is coming from! The climate there, the one year we lived there before I made my husband move, was awful!)

Hot as usual here.....a bit above average. I wouldn't want tornadoes, but love the thunderstorms.
I am, however, ready for cooler temps....under 100 would be soooo nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter