Wedding Week Dining Report *Updated 1/3 Skipper Canteen COMPLETE*

Huh I've never heard of hummus from edamame. Sounds interesting!
It was just ok, definitely prefer the normal type.

Glad to got to ride POTC before you left :D
Me too I love this ride :)

I love this place, too! There's one near my company's HQ just outside of Chicago and I've been there a few times while visiting. Definitely a cool experience.
It is so good, I'm still sad it's gone from where I live. If I ever go to Chicago I'm totally eating there one of the days lol.

What a fun way to spend New Years! I am jealous of all your trips. Enjoy your cruise! :)
It really was a lot of fun. I was a little scared before going that it would be insane, but I'll totally do it again in the future. Thank you!! We're leaving tonight for our hotel by the port I'm so excited it's finally here.

The noodle dish at skipper canteen looks fantastic. That will be on my list of things to eat next time we go there.

I have a Stir crazy near me as well. Love it.

Three honeymoons sounds pretty cool! So glad you enjoyed NYE...I remember you were concerned about crowds. I’d say an MK view room at the Contemporary was the perfect way to go! I’m now pondering this for next NYE. I’ve never been to OHana but how fun to make friends with adjacent tables! There’s another thread saying the salad has changed and now the noodles have been replaced by fried rice. So far posters don’t seem thrilled but that happens anytime a beloved spot makes changes. I haven’t tried Skipper’s Canteen yet either but it’s definitely on my list... everything looks so good! Have so much fun on your cruise. I will look forward to hearing about it!!

Happy New Year!!! Looks like you all had a fantastic time and did great at surviving the crowds. So envious that you could see the fireworks from your balcony not once, but twice!

Ohana looks awesome. Can you believe I've never eaten there? Finally remedying that this year as I've never met a potsticker I didn't like.

Glad you all enjoyed Skippers. We did the Perkins noodles on our last trip and it was very bland, so happy to hear they amped the heat up a bit.

Love your thread. I would love to eat at Victoria and Alberts but my DH is very fussy and allergic to shellfish. Skipper Canteen was great.

The noodle dish at skipper canteen looks fantastic. That will be on my list of things to eat next time we go there.

I have a Stir crazy near me as well. Love it.
Enjoy it! But definitely have a drink on the table for the spice lol. I wish the Stir Crazy that used to be by me would reopen.

Three honeymoons sounds pretty cool! So glad you enjoyed NYE...I remember you were concerned about crowds. I’d say an MK view room at the Contemporary was the perfect way to go! I’m now pondering this for next NYE. I’ve never been to OHana but how fun to make friends with adjacent tables! There’s another thread saying the salad has changed and now the noodles have been replaced by fried rice. So far posters don’t seem thrilled but that happens anytime a beloved spot makes changes. I haven’t tried Skipper’s Canteen yet either but it’s definitely on my list... everything looks so good! Have so much fun on your cruise. I will look forward to hearing about it!!
Ya we've done two now, one more to look forward to :) I was pretty nervous leading up to NYE and I think my over planning helped with everything. It was so much fun. The salad definitely was different from all the other times I ate there. I think it was a good change. That's interesting about fried rice. I didn't see any of that while I was there so it would have to be a really recent change. I hope its not permanent, the noodles are my favorite part. I need to start my trip report for the cruise. I'm going back to Disney for a quick weekend trip this weekend so probably won't until next week.

Happy New Year!!! Looks like you all had a fantastic time and did great at surviving the crowds. So envious that you could see the fireworks from your balcony not once, but twice!

Ohana looks awesome. Can you believe I've never eaten there? Finally remedying that this year as I've never met a potsticker I didn't like.

Glad you all enjoyed Skippers. We did the Perkins noodles on our last trip and it was very bland, so happy to hear they amped the heat up a bit.
Happy New Year :) The crowds weren't as bad as I imagined they'd be. I think building them up to be absolutely horrible also helped expectations and being pleasantly surprised when it wasn't total chaos. The balcony firework viewing was probably my favorite part. I'm sure it was amazing to see inside the park, but not being near anyone and still getting to watch was fabulous. Enjoy your meal at Ohana! Those potsickers are really good. I think Skippers saved all the spice from your dish to add it to mine. It was so full of flavor and spice!

Love your thread. I would love to eat at Victoria and Alberts but my DH is very fussy and allergic to shellfish. Skipper Canteen was great.
Thanks for reading :) For Victoria and Albert's they are actually really great with allergies and accommodating all tastes. They call you a week before to go over all of that. He wouldn't be served any shellfish and if there were things he didn't like they would work around that. I once read someone ate there that only liked chicken and had that for every course! So they are pretty awesome. I've even eaten there and noticed something on the menu I didn't like to eat and they completely changed up the course to work around that on the fly. Still my favorite of all the dishes too.

Just caught up on your DR. Your wedding seemed beyond beautiful and amazing!!! Congratulations, and hope your honeymoons were just as spectacular!

Just caught up on your DR. Your wedding seemed beyond beautiful and amazing!!! Congratulations, and hope your honeymoons were just as spectacular!
Thank you!! My honeymoon was pretty awesome! I'm going to write a trip report for it, but the amount of food we ate it'll be more like a dining report lol.

Well I just totally neglected work so I can sit here and read this whole report. What an amazing wedding!!! I cannot imagine the amount of planning and time that went into it but it seems to really have paid off! Congratulations. And did I read it right that you had 80 people there?? That is amazing even if mostly everyone came from FL. Thank you for sharing this amazing experience. We actually just booked Victoria and Alberts for our son when he turns 16. It is the only thing he wants (well he'd be happy with a car but he knows that isn't happening ;-) ) DH and I dined there a few years ago and still rave about it. I can't wait to share it with him.

Well I just totally neglected work so I can sit here and read this whole report. What an amazing wedding!!! I cannot imagine the amount of planning and time that went into it but it seems to really have paid off! Congratulations. And did I read it right that you had 80 people there?? That is amazing even if mostly everyone came from FL. Thank you for sharing this amazing experience. We actually just booked Victoria and Alberts for our son when he turns 16. It is the only thing he wants (well he'd be happy with a car but he knows that isn't happening ;-) ) DH and I dined there a few years ago and still rave about it. I can't wait to share it with him.
I think that's a great way to spend a work day :) We did have 80 people, we invited about 20 other people who couldn't make it. Most people were actually traveling from California and Boston (where all my family lives) There was some from Florida, but that was mostly friends. I'd say 80% had to fly there. I think it helped that the destination wedding was at Disney, but since I don't really live near any of my family anywhere I had the wedding would be a destination wedding for them. There is a lot of planning, but Disney helps with almost everything. I wanted something that would be stress-free where I didn't have to keep track of a million vendors and they really helped with that. Thank you for reading!

Victoria and Albert's is such a great restaurant, your son chose well! Enjoy it!

November 10
Welcome Dinner at Fantasmic Continued

That concludes all the food pictures. Disney did an amazing job with this buffet. Everything was so delicious and fresh and they kept replenishing the buffet up until the very end. I wish I could have taken the leftovers with me, but Disney doesn't allow that.

View attachment 366299

A close up of our center pieces. I wanted to go with something simple for the Welcome Dinner and these were perfect for the touch of Disney and providing light at night.

View attachment 366300

Our view of the Fantasmic show. It was really great and almost all our guests had never seen it before and they were blown away. By the end of the night they were already saying this was the best wedding they had ever been to and we hadn't even gotten to the wedding day yet.

View attachment 366302

A view of the empty Fantasmic stadium. Disney did a great job not rushing anyone out. Technically the Welcome Dinner ended at the end of the Fantasmic show, but we lingered for a while longer. I was ready to go after a bit, but had to wait until all our guests had left. It was really cool being in an almost empty park.

View attachment 366303

Walking out of Hollywood Studios about an hour after the park had closed. There was almost no one left inside the park at this point.

View attachment 366304

One last shot of the park as we left. My bridesmaids had left a bit before I did and when we got to the front I found them having a photoshoot here. Most of them aren't big Disney fans and haven't been here for over a decade so they were having fun.

My about to be Husband drove me to my hotel room at the Grand Floridian, where I spent my first night alone in a hotel. He had a room over at the Contemporary for this night.

Up next the wedding day!!

Can I ask how much per person the welcome dinner was approximately. I think that is a really nice option.

Can I ask how much per person the welcome dinner was approximately. I think that is a really nice option.
I loved it! It was a great way to start off wedding festivities and really wow'd my guests. It was $67 a person for the food. If you wanted to get the cost lower I'm sure you could cut some items from the buffet. We wanted to have a lot of options since we had some people who only ate fish or were vegetarians and I did add on a couple special items so that probably bumped up the cost. This doesn't include the venue fee or viewing fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter