Week after New Year's Eve?

.landry

mouskenerd
Im trying to figure out dates for an early 2019 trip. My daughter has the week after new years day off. That year the 1st falls on a tuesday. The public schools go back on Weds the 2nd.
has anyone had any experience with park crowds at similar timing? Im trying to figure out not taking her out of school if possible (shes in pre-K so Im not at all concerned about doing that). Id love to be able to experience the holiday decorations without the holiday week crowds.
Do people keep their kids out extra days after the holiday if its during the week? Is it super busy?
wed go either NYE or the 30th (sunday- saturday (with NYD falling on tuesday). Obviously NYE will be insane (we'd probably opt out of the parks that day) but what abut the rest of the week?

Thoughts?

I had originally booked the week after New Year's for 2018 and I ended up changing it to a week later. From what I read the crowds are still really large, especially with the marathon being the following weekend. So you've got holiday crowds leaving, but then marathon crowds arriving. If you're not concerned about your daughter missing school I would put it off for the sake of lower crowds, but that's just me.

im leaning that way because it might be better on a year where the holiday falls on sat or sunday.
thanks for the input!

My Info's a bit out dated since we went 08/09 but it seemed everyone just left right after NYE. The parks went from not room to breath to all the room in the world. As for the marathon I went down in 2010 for the college program and it was marathon weekend. The first day all my roommates went to the park we went on SPace Mountain and then BTMR three times in about a hour. BTMR was a walk pretty much a walk on.

Parks are still crazy the first week of New Years through marathon weekend. After that they die down. You can still have fun, but you certainly won't have the place to yourselves.

I was there New Years Eve to that Friday this past year. It is pretty crowded that week! New Years Day, it's pretty quiet in the morning but the crowds get big after lunch. The rest of the week was packed. Thursday is when the marathon crowd started to arrive. Weather was perfect that week though!

My Info's a bit out dated since we went 08/09 but it seemed everyone just left right after NYE. The parks went from not room to breath to all the room in the world. As for the marathon I went down in 2010 for the college program and it was marathon weekend. The first day all my roommates went to the park we went on SPace Mountain and then BTMR three times in about a hour. BTMR was a walk pretty much a walk on.

I think it's a timing thing, I went one year a zillion years ago from 12/27 through 1/5 (or something like that). Crowds did not noticeably diminish, but there might be parts of the country that don't go back to school until the week after new years depending on when it falls. I don't remember who comprised the crowd, just that there was a crowd.

We will be there right after new years and the predictions are high crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!