Week before Xmas too busy for Disneymoon?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
We're getting married in October (small family backyard ceremony). Fiance has gone back to school for a career change, so he has to resume classes right after the weekend. Our first opportunity to have any vacation time for a belated honeymoon getaway will not be until the week leading up to Christmas (likely flying or driving back home on Dec 24), once his exams are done for the semester. Normally we would try to avoid peak times like this, but just don't see any other options.

I know in COVID era it's very hard to predict how crowds will be, but do you think there will be a major surge by then compared to what folks are experiencing at the parks now? We're wary that all the precautions Disney is taking might lapse with a lot more people to deal with.

Last edited:
I think it will be fine.
I, personally, believe there will be still some sort of measures around, crowds will probably still be controlled. It depends on what kind of trip you want. Will you be on the go, running from ride to ride, or would it be more 'honeymoon'-style with lots of romantic dinners, outings and special activities? I think the last would work perfect during a busy time.

I think it will be fine.
I, personally, believe there will be still some sort of measures around, crowds will probably still be controlled. It depends on what kind of trip you want. Will you be on the go, running from ride to ride, or would it be more 'honeymoon'-style with lots of romantic dinners, outings and special activities? I think the last would work perfect during a busy time.

To be honest, I don't know! LOL, I've usually always prioritized rides, but I really do want to try to slow down and have a more relaxing trip this time. We've booked more nights than I ever have before (6) to plan for one day without any parks in the middle...then again, I know we're going to be prioritizing ROTR, FOP and a few last trips down Splash...

I agree, while it will be crowded, I don't believe they will be allowed back up to full capacity yet. So it will be much worse than it is now, but I have a feeling it will be less than Christmases in the past. Also would be good to be flexible, I'm assuming you'd be staying on property to have a better chance at park ressies each day?

Also, the week before is typically less busy than the week between Christmas and New Years, but if capacity stays lower, that may not matter. I do think you could have a great time either way, because without fastpass, lines move quickly and you don't have to plan your day as much, you can just start early and jump on whatever is short!!!

I agree, while it will be crowded, I don't believe they will be allowed back up to full capacity yet. So it will be much worse than it is now, but I have a feeling it will be less than Christmases in the past. Also would be good to be flexible, I'm assuming you'd be staying on property to have a better chance at park ressies each day?

We are hoping to stay on property! Don't you get to pick your park reservations a month or two in advance though?

just an idea....If you are going that long an extra ticket wouldn’t be that much More so maybe skip the rest day and then use it to get on anything that you missed and not feel so rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!