"We'll always have Baymax!" and I guess the memories too! - Nov 2014 TR *FINISHED 9/24!!

Day Nine :
"All good things come to an end..."

First off, let me apologize for leaving this trip report dead for so long! Real life gets in the way some times and things were pretty
difficult for my family for quite some time this summer. But in case anyone was still waiting, I finished editing up the rest of the report! And I'll probably be working on reports for the other trips that I've taken this year, if anyone is interested.
So without further ado...

Let me just tell you that morning came way too quickly. Actually, this entire day came way too quickly. Why, you ask? Because it was our last park day! Cue crying and screaming and not wanting to go home. Okay, well, maybe not that last part. You’ll see.

This morning, Bill was off to MK to meet as many characters as he could. The rest of us had other plans.

Arriving at Hollywood Studios again in the morning ( have I mentioned it’s Bren and I’s favorite park? Because it is. My mom also noted that it seemed like every time she called me, we were at DHS - WE WERE! ), Bren, Kim, and I were meeting up with Jenny and Char for a few more hours of fun before they had to head out. We took some selfies in front of the hat, and then had some pictures taken in front of the DHS arch.

JYPOGNT.jpg
TKZdwfH.jpg

And then we got photobombed!

OTxdpHa.jpg

Jenny and Char asked if we could see the wait time for Buzz and Woody, because they love them, and we figured we hadn’t been in that line yet so why not? It was adorable, but we all took solo pictures so we didn’t get a group shot. I always feel bad when we have a large group and do individuals and then a group picture, especially since we’re all adults.

ey5IwV0.jpg

Walking around, we noticed that one of the popcorn stands had the Baymax souvenir cups and let me tell you, I’m pretty obsessed with Baymax so at this point so I NEEDED it. I don’t normally drop $10 on a drink… so this was a big deal. It was such a big deal, in fact, that we ALL bought one.

BcnzMvQ.jpg

He now sits on my dresser in my bedroom because I refuse to use it as an actual cup.

And then… we got in line for Baymax. Again. Because everyone needs to meet that giant marshmallow like dude ( I am devastated that they did not move his meet somewhere else. It was SO much fun. ). We had some fun in line…

5T1FHuB.jpg

What is the plural for Baymax? Baymai? Baymaxes?

wcLXf9g.jpg

Squad goals.

Funny story : we had all taken individuals and a few of us took selfies. When we went to get the group picture, Jenny went to grab her cup from the side where all of our bags were, and grabbed the HEAD portion of the cup right off of the body! Hiro couldn’t stop laughing and the character attendant was laughing pretty hard too. We’re a fun group of people. Kim took the chance to see Minnie while we were in the academy as well.

Up next on our list? Mike and Sulley! We were really just walking around back and forth with no real destination and decided to get in line. Bren and I have said before that if we were Disney characters, we’d be Mike and Sulley. Jenny and Char often say that they’re like Buzz and Woody, but Bren and I realized on our previous trip that we are Mike and Sulley. Different, but best friends. Also : the height difference is KEY here. We got a group photo before they had to leave!

ptyDJsD.jpg

I didn't realize I was kind of blocking Char... I'm so used to everyone being SO MUCH TALLER THAN ME.

Soon after, Jenny and Char had to hit the road, so we decided we’d walk them out. But not before stopping for a few pictures…

20NOMNf.jpg

And we were photobombed AGAIN by a BH6 character! You have no idea how excited I was when I saw this on the photopass site. There was also an animated one as well! ( The Baymax bomb also has an animated one, where he rolls out in his bag and inflates! )
I'm blinking, Kim isn't paying attention, and who knows what else is going on.

Alas, we said farewell to our friends and walked over ( well, ran over, we thought we would miss it… turns out, we could have walked… ) to the friendship boat again to head over to Epcot. Epcot and I didn’t have a very good relationship this trip, and this… well, this will be why.

The boat ride was nice. It was a cloudy day and had sprinkled rain off and on so far, so I was prepared. When we arrived, we took photos ( Kim, Bren, and I ) by the international gateway, with France in the background. Doesn’t Kim look awesome in her new hat?

X2lYSM0.jpg

We were back in Epcot, because we had to meet up with Bill. He’d park hopped over as well, and we had lunch reservations at Akershus. This is where trip rule #3 comes into play : Baymax does not eat at Akershus ( except for breakfast ).

We met up with him while walking towards Norway, and checked in for our ADR. We were early, so we had to wait anyway since Erika and her husband Kyle were still on their way. We’d added her on a while ago, but Kyle was able to get the time free to join us, so we had added him once we were able, figuring it would be easy to add a 6th chair to a table of five.

This was Bill’s meal of choice. All through the trip, we’d each picked a meal. I had CP, Bren had 50’s Prime Time, and while I’m not sure if Kim actually picked something, she’d gone along with what we wanted. Now, I’m a very picky eater. Normally, if there’s a chicken dish, I can eat it. Or I’ll just order from the kids menu, like I’d done at PT. Being as this is a character meal ( the reason he’d wanted to eat there, although he had ALREADY MET ALL OF THE PRINCESSES IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER COUGH ), I was not able to order from the kids menu because I am an adult and had to pay the adult price.

hVV1Fl6.jpg

HOW FUNNY is the heigh difference between Kyle and I? I mean, really.

Bren spoke a bit of French to Belle, basically just saying hello, and Belle looked horrified because, you guessed it, Belle forgot how to speak French! Poor Belle, must have forgotten after being locked in the castle for so long…………

We were shoved in a corner with a railing behind my chair and I was in the ‘bad corner’ so it was a struggle every time someone came to our table.

I ordered a chicken dish.

I ate three rolls with butter from the appetizer buffet, and two slices of what I believed was smoked turkey lunchmeat. I'm still not sure.

I tried my chicken. It had onions. I didn’t eat it.

A few of us didn’t really touch our food. Yet Bill ate all of his and I think he said it was his favorite meal all week. To each their own, I suppose. I kept telling myself to not be upset, to not get upset. I would just grab chicken nuggets somewhere or something.

After tax and tip, I spent about $40, the last cash in my wallet, on a meal that I didn’t enjoy. And to top it off, as we exited the restaurant, it was raining.

As we walked away, and I tugged my poncho on, my mom called to check in. We stopped at a set of bathrooms, and I was on the phone. Now, I’ll be the first to admit that I get emotional very easily. I’m normally good at keeping things in and not letting it show, but I think it was the combination of now being broke aside from what I had in my bank account and a charge card, spending my last cash on something I didn’t want nor enjoy, it raining, and feeling like we’d catered to Bill almost the entire trip, that sent me over. My mom could tell something was wrong, and when she asked me, it was a good thing I’d walked away from the group because everything just broke loose. I ranted, and I couldn’t help the tears that rolled down my face. Bren made her way over and she knew what was wrong and tried cheering me up. Plus, I ended up dropping and cracking my Baymax cup so that just added to my frustration.

I know that we split a lot during the trip, but let me tell you : we stopped, numerous times, so Bill could pin trade. We had to eat at places with vegetarian options ( not a big deal ). We were constantly waiting on him to trade pins. We had to meet the little mermaid about four times ( bonus : the mermaid at Akershus RECOGNIZED HIM from the magic kingdom. Talk about awkward? ). We had to ride what he wanted to, and meet who he wanted to, when he wanted to or he wouldn't let it go. I’m generally pretty easygoing, but I had enough by this point. Plus, I was hungry because I hadn’t eaten. But I was pretty much too upset to eat. Bren was a lifesaver. She just kept telling me that it would be okay and that we would get me some chicken nuggets and that she was kind of annoyed with Bill too because the whole thing was stupid.

Once I had calmed down a little, we started walking again and I noticed something I had nearly forgotten about : Santa Duffy!

In previous years, on other trips, I never felt the need to meet Duffy. I thought he was just a dumb bear ( GASP! ). When we went for Halloween, he was in his pumpkin costume and super cute, and now he was dressed as Santa, so we jumped in line.

I had a shirt on that reads “boy bands ruined my life”, and when I went up to him, Duffy noticed and started doing the *NSync ‘Bye Bye Bye’ dance, which… I couldn’t stop laughing, even if it’s the wrong boyband ( seriously, when I was younger and they were very popular, you picked : Backstreet Boys or *NSync, and it determined your friendships! ). Duffy really cheered me up when I was having a bad day.

OWX7eeQ.jpg

That smile is genuine. I'm so sad Duffy will be gone before I return. :(

While waiting, Erika blurts out “HE HAS A HIDDEN MICKEY ON HIS BUTT!!” and Duffy turns really fast and covers his butt with his paws! So cute.

Erika told us then that she had her Disney Visa with her and asked if we wanted to stop for the photo op! We figured we might as well because we didn’t have any other plans.

v4euJi6.jpg

Goofy and I had a little moment! He loved me this trip, and I loved him. I can’t wait to get back to my big tall Goofy guy.

gFwA1oY.jpg

I never realized how hard it was to get a group of six organized for a picture!

Eventually, you’ll never guess where we ended up…

Hollywood Studios!

I made Bren take a picture of me with the cute little Minnie ornaments, but it’s really bad because of the flash. Sad panda.

I also grabbed this picture of the hat, which I’m glad that I did now that it’s gone!

Nao0DTf.jpg

Our group made our way around and headed into the Streets of America after a quick stop at Oaken’s because I wanted to buy the limited edition Olaf magic band ( and I wanted to "YOO-HOO!" one last time ). I knew that I had to get it or I would regret it forever, and while I hated having to put it on my charge card, I know I’ll use it on a future trip.

We spent some final time at the Osborne lights, getting a group shot by the switch. I’m not sure where Bill had gone, or if he had even come over to DHS with us. But really, how funny is this picture? Look at the height difference between myself and Kyle. I’m so short! The joke was that if he put me on his shoulders, I could see the parade. At some point, we did Star Tours again and while I wasn’t the rebel spy ( boo! ), our scene had something to do with going underwater and there were fish and CUE BREN SCREAMING, I don’t think I could walk straight after that because I was laughing too hard.

34SC8Pk.jpg

Now this next part… Bren, Erika, Bill, and I wanted to go over and ride ToT. Kim opted out.

78J3lgD.jpg

We decided to do dinosaur claws for our picture ( the video was really hilarious… ). I can’t really go into detail on what happened on this ride other than to say we’d switched elevators once already because of the four guys with their arms up in the back row. Let’s just say that some people do not listen to safety rules. When we were done, the park was closing so we hopped over to MK for the rest of the night while Erika and Kyle headed home.

Bren, Kim, and I hopped on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin since the line was short.

ZTyGB3t.jpg

What? I don’t know where they take your picture at all……..

Kim split shortly after this, and Bren and I went over to Sleepy Hollow. She wanted something to snack on and I ended up with a blue and red icee type thing. We sat there and watched the castle projection show and part of Wishes, and walked around a bit more. Our last official ride was : the Jingle Cruise! That’s right, we did it again.

IeWcnKi.jpg

Our trip was coming to a close, I still had to finish packing my suitcase up, and I had an early, very early, pick up time come morning. So I did that, slept in my plane clothes, and before long I was awake and ready to get home to my parents and my puppy.

pCX24Pb.jpg

Timestamp? 4:20am. Nothing creepier than waiting for DME in the middle of the night.

All in all, I’d say it was a good trip. A great trip, even. I have a few precious memories that I will never forget, made with friends I will always cherish and appreciate. I learned a lot on this trip about myself and about others, about how I handle and react to things. I got to see Disney at Christmastime, something I never thought I would be able to do. I also was able to stay in a place I didn’t think I’d ever stay at. I enjoyed the World with friends who ran at my pace, sharing and making our own magic. For that, I am forever thankful.

Even if there were a few moments that weren’t as magical - when are there not? - it was a trip for the record books. As for what’s to come next? Bren and I returned to the world at the end of January for a few days of a mini WDW adventure and then it was off to board the Disney Wonder for the February 1st sailing to Cozumel - and then we returned to the World for our Trio Trip of 2015 during the WDW 24 Hour Event ( and I have more trips lined up, OOPS )! I’m already working on a trip report for that, so hopefully those of you that stuck around to read this one will enjoy that one as well!

Anyway, if anybody actually read this, thank you! See ya real soon!​

That was great ending to a great TR. Thanks for coming back to complete the tale. I am glad it ended well. Lucky you!! You have gone so many times. I am jealous. Don't leave me hanging... I want to hear about the other trips when you have time.

That was great ending to a great TR. Thanks for coming back to complete the tale. I am glad it ended well. Lucky you!! You have gone so many times. I am jealous. Don't leave me hanging... I want to hear about the other trips when you have time.

I bought an annual pass solely for the fact that it would make me go to Disney more! Have to get my money's worth out of it, right? So glad you stuck around and read the ending! I've already started working on our land/sea WDW/DCL trip report, but I have to sort through tons of pictures for it! I'll definitely post though, I love being able to share my experiences.

Just finished your TR! LOVED it! You and I have the same personality ... we want to get the most out of Disney, we have the same way of thinking, and we both just know what we want and go for it! Sorry there were some bumpy patches on your trip, but I'm glad you realized it was amazing overall! Looking forward to future reports of yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter