• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well I'm Completely Fed Up!

Astrid

<font color=9933CC>Shoot for the moon. Even if you
I contemplated joining in all the other threads about the loss of UK Dis but thought for once in my life I'll start one of my own.

I've lost all my trip reports and my countdown counter (which only has a few days to go :( ) and I only have my self to blame for both for not saving them. I had my trip reports saved on disc up until last week when my lap-top decided to format the disc for me and wiped it clean - how unlucky does that make me. I might be able to retrieve some of them from the hard drive of my old pc but it's the loss of all the lovely replies that I'm really sad about.

I also feel that suddenly we're part of a huge community and we no long know how many people are signed on to the UK and also I used to like looking at the list of who was logged-on at any given time, don't think I'll be trawling through the 100's of names that are up now.

My post count is of no consequence to me at all, I am a reasonably regular visitor here anyway.

Rant over, I'm going to go and sulk now!

Astrid x

Poor Astrid ***Hugs***

I know exactly how you feel. We had a thriving community which we could call home. It was different to the rest of the DIS boards in both style and content. Even though I have never met anyone of you, I did have a sense of who everyone was. If that makes sense? For now I guess we all feel like the rug has been pulled from under our feet, and we are stumbling around trying to make sense of what has happened. Most importantly, and many people have touched on this, it is a great shame that all the wealth of information has been lost from the old boards. Not only lost, but gone without a care in the world from the people who are not directly involved in the our little community. I maybe wrong with that last comment, but that's how it feels. That is the worst thing about it as for now it seems like it was all a waste of time.

I hope we will be able to get things back to how they were, I for one will do my best, it ain't gonna be easy though.

"Thats is my rant over with" :)
Dave

Hi Astrid,

bad news about your trip reports, I had got about halfway through them

now I'll never know how it ends!!

luckily DD had copied my bouncy tigger to use over here, so I've just copied it back, good thing cos I can't remember how to do it

the thing I really miss is like you seeing who's logged on, and the loss of Stu's holiday plans don't know who's going when now

I can vaguely remember lurking over here before the Uk had a separate board, but wasn't brave enough to post it seemed very big and scary

chin up it'll soon feel like home

just hope everybody finds their way over here, as there seems to be lots of familiar names missing

Oh Astrid, I know exactly how you feel - I just hope that this starts to feel like home soon, but at the moment it doesn't :(

I'm so sorry that you've lost your trip reports- that's really devastating as the effort and hard work that goes into them is considerable, and they are a really good reminder of your trip. I hope that the clever webmaster people are able to retrieve somethings from the old boards, and trip reports is the main thing for me.

I'm trying to recreate my counter too - it's not working for me.

Just think - not long now and you'll be creating new memorys for a new trip report.

Bev

Well, as you can hopefully see I have my countdown back with many grateful thanks to Dave (Fatman) who is my hero!!

All I have to do now is find my Sylvester and Tweety Pie and get them re-instated.

Thanks for all the comments, they certainly make me feel better. I'm feeling slightly less fed up now!

Interestingly, my front page doesn't show any more posts being on after my initial one - I only went on to the thread again because I had e-mails to tell me there were replies - anyone else have this problem?!

Astrid x

the replies counter, and who posted last thing are completely messed up. Sometime they show and sometimes they don't

Bev

I understand how everyone feels, as we lost a lot from the UKDIS.

Especially missed are the kind tributes to LEECHIE and topics like that which brought everyone together.

Astrid

Sad person that I am I actually saved LOADS of trip reports to disc and to my computer at work and I am sure I have yours somewhere.

Wont be back at work until next week but if you pm me I can put them on disc and post them to you.

that goes for anyone else who has lost theirs too. I MAY have them.

Julie

What a shame that so much has been lost. I can repost my trip reports as they are on my web site. It's not the same without all the lovely replies and comments, though, as you said Astrid.
I have some threads saved onto my hard drive, I'll have a look and see what I have. I'm pretty sure I have the illuminations cruise and countdown counter threads.

Oh No! We lost the neverending Digital Camera thread! I just thought of that.

It's not only sad that we've lost everthing but I'm finding it difficult to connect to the US boards. I keep getting connection timed out messages and it's not always posting replies. I wish we weren't on the US boards (no offence to the people on the US boards btw :) ) It's just that it's so much slower. I wonder if we'll lose a few people?????

Lisag

Know just how you feel Ad:(

I'm hoping I've saved my TR somewhere, but won't have all those lovely comments either:(

Its a really big, scary world out here isn't it?

It doesn't feel like home does it? Its like when you just move house and you're not settled in yet. Guess we'll just have to make ourselves more comfy then! (you know, new curtains, cushions;))

I'm really sad that I was in contact with some lovely people on the boards but don't have their email addresses to let them know where we are:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter