Wendy Williams . . . I can't even

She did a series of stand up comedy shows several years ago. I believe her health and personal problems have kept her off the road in recent months.

I thought she was a just talk show host. Not familiar with her "comedic" stylings or history. Ya learn something new every day!

fly girl, it wasn’t you who attacked me.
But, thank you 🙏

I certainly didn’t attack you.
Basically you said we shouldn’t have an opinion if we didn’t watch which is BS.

It was a tasteless joke, it was far from racism, sexism or bigotry :rolleyes:
If you don't find her jokes amusing then feel free to call her out, but to want her canceled because you don't like what she says? Sounds like some people need to grow thicker skin and just change the channel.

I didn’t say cancel. Also didn’t say it was racist.
I said people can call out bad behavior even if they don’t watch a show and that it should be called out. Calling out bad behavior is not disliking someone’s opinion.
Is mocking a victim of domestic violence an opinion? And if we don’t like it we should just ignore it?

Earlier today someone posted homophobic comments here. Should we just have let her have her opinion? That is my point.

I certainly didn’t attack you.
Basically you said we shouldn’t have an opinion if we didn’t watch which is BS.

I didn’t say cancel. Also didn’t say it was racist.
I said people can call out bad behavior even if they don’t watch a show and that it should be called out. Calling out bad behavior is not disliking someone’s opinion.
Is mocking a victim of domestic violence an opinion? And if we don’t like it we should just ignore it?

Earlier today someone posted homophobic comments here. Should we just have let her have her opinion? That is my point.

Yes in some cases you should just ignore it.
Since this thread is about Wendy Williams tasteless joke that is what I'm talking about. If you don't have the same twisted sense of humor that Wendy has then it is best you ignore her, unless you just want to be offened. Then by all means watch, or listen or whatever and be offended.
You can move the goal posts to hate speech but that isn't what the OP is talking about.

I thought she was a just talk show host. Not familiar with her "comedic" stylings or history. Ya learn something new every day!

Me either! I had no idea. I knew she did radio before her talk show. No clue she did stand up.

Still don't see how making a joke of Amie Harwick's death only 2 days after the fact would be appropriate for a comedian. YMMV.

Wendy Williams has always been akin to a female Howard Stern. She says and does things for shock value, creates controversy, is not always politically correct. She's under more scrutiny now because she has become more mainstream in recent years. It doesn't mean the things she says are right or ok (I don't agree with them either), but she is who she is and still has a show because some audience and production company appreciates that. I just choose not to watch.

Im surprised people even still pay attention to Wendy Williams considering her show is a syndicated one that airs at like 1 in the afternoon when the majority of people in this country are at work.

Haha, what Wendy Williams did worked! She created controversy and now people are talking about her and her show!

For better or worse, I guess there is no bad publicity in Hollywood

Im surprised people even still pay attention to Wendy Williams considering her show is a syndicated one that airs at like 1 in the afternoon when the majority of people in this country are at work.
There are a whole lotta people in the US at home not working . Thankfully many of them are being forced back to work due to freebies running out.

Last edited:
Me either! I had no idea. I knew she did radio before her talk show. No clue she did stand up.

You're both ahead of me. I didn't know who she was at all until I opened this thread.

But I agree that the comment was in extremely bad taste. And since it seems to be a pattern with her, I expect advertisers will begin to pull their money.

Never heard of her until all the uproar about the ugly things she says. Of course maybe that's the intention behind the ugliness, get publicity/attention and maybe people will tune in?

Actually my opinion was the one being questioned/challenged. I don’t have a problem with other people’s opinions, but apparently some do. I don’t think I’ve quoted anyone. 🤔

It's a discussion board. Different opinions are what make it interesting.

I have remained off twitter most of the current year, because I learned getting mad about dumb things hateful people say doesn't change anything. Like, Wendy Williams is a terrible person, but I don't watch her already. So I'm already boycotting. I can't "extra boycott", ya know? Same with Trump or Piers Morgan. Horrible people are going to be horrible. There's only so much you can do. I'd rather spend my mental energy writing my government representatives or being on a church committee than getting mad about some stupid thing Joy Behar said. Daytime TV is all trash anyway.

I don't think anyone on here is wasting a whole lot of energy on it. But I kept seeing her name popping up in various places, so it grabbed my attention. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.

Just water cooler chat, imho.

Never heard of Wendy Williams...
Be happy!

I don't follow her doings but once had an administrative asst. who listened to her on the radio every freaking weekday afternoon. I seriously considered having her fired for filling my ears with massive amounts of stupidity but but a calmer version of me prevailed;). I despise gossip more than food waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter