Went last year

js82

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I went Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure last year. Here are a few things I picked up about Islands:

- if you like water rides, go on them first. I don't know what it is about this place, but soaking guests is their top priority. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls is the BEST log flume ride ever, but you get absolutely drenched. The Popeye raft ride is another one. It seats about 8 or 10 people. My sister, brother, and I were the only ones on and we got soaked. The floor fills up with about 1/2 feet of water, so your sneakers will be water logged. I should have just took off my shoes. We then went on Jurassic Park and got in the first row. Mind you we had dried off mostly. Once again, after the drop at the end, my sister and I got drenched.
I had wore a bathing suit top, so that dried quickly. Everthing else was normal clothes, so nothing dried easily. My sister and I were in the bathroom by ourselves for like and hour trying to dry off, but there are no air dryers (for socks and underware). We eventually dried off outside, but my sneakers were squishy.

-take advantage of the lockers. I definitely need it for the Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Dueling Dragons is a great ride, but you must go on both because they are NOT the same at all. What's great is after you ride one, you can enter the line right in the middle because of a special entrance for those who just got off the ride.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I must say I wasn't staying at the hotel by Universal, I was at Disney.

they seem to be enforcing locker use at the Hulk. If you have any bags or anything they will make you use them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter