We're Back and...Well!!!

Originally posted by Ware Bears
I agree Nik, this happens all over.

When we were in WDW, we had queued patiently for Robin Hood, we had been queueing about 20 minutes when the CM said he was going off for a 10 minute break and then would be right back. When he came back with Robin, we were about the fourth family in line with a huge queue building up behind, you know what it's like, people ask why you're queuing and then they were joining on the end.

I had noticed this family watching everyone queuing and when it was our turn they mingled in with us and tried to get their photo taken with Robin while my kids were having their autograph books signed by him. When I explained that they had to join the end of the queue and what did they think all these people were waiting for!!! they had the cheek to swear at me and say I was rude! (And, shame of it, they were English, they should be experts at queueing!)

As it happens, I wasn't rude, I just wasn't going to let them get away with it, and the people behind me in the queue backed me up.

I think, basically, that the majority of people do behave decently, it's just that you tend to notice people who are rude and ignorant more than those who aren't.

I feel much better now I've had that little moan!

Elaine

Some folk do have the impression that they are some kind of celebrity and should march to the front of queues . It is so annoying. You are probably right though, it is a sad fact of life that you remember the one person who was rude/unhelpful/pushy or whatever and forget the dozens of nice folks you met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter