We're on the May 15, 2004 Eastern Magic...anyone else!?!

2tinksmom

<font color=green>is your cat female, on the small
We're goin' on our very first cruise (had to be Disney!!) May 15 Eastern Magic and are SOOOOOO excited!!!! Our cast includes me, my DH, DD11, DD6, DFriend, DFH, DFD9, and DFD7. We have adjoining staterooms, 7092 &7094. I've read the Passporter cruise line edition about a million times( give or take a few), but still have questions....like, is it better to not swim when you get on board, but wait and explore the ship instead, does it really take very long before you can get in your stateroom, are the carryons we bring with dinner clothes gonna be a pain, etc....etc...etc. I hope some of you are sailing then, I'd love to meet ya!! I've even, almost, talked DH into wearing his lime green Disney t-shirt (he wears it at the park so that I don't lose him lol! :p ).

Hi! My DH and I are also cruising on the May 15th eastern cruise. This is our 2nd cruise. We still haven't taken our kids on a cruise yet but we probably will on the next one. We wanted to try out the 7 day cruise first and also needed some alone time. Our last cruise was on the 4 day. We got in our stateroom pretty quick but I know it can vary. Do you have the 1st or 2nd seating for dinner? I think it would be neat to arrange a DIS meet. Are you arriving the morning of the cruise or the night before? Good luck with all your planning.

Hi, Ladygator!! Getting together with some other Dissers would be great! Because of the kids, we have first seating for dinner. My DF did suggest doing Palo's and I think we'll probably try for the Champagne Brunch because my two DDs love to get dressed for dinner (probably due to the whole "princess" thing!) and they do like to try new foods (believe it or not!!). By doing brunch, they can go to the Lab/Club during that time.

We are arriving the day of the cruise :eek: . We've never had a problem before (fingers crossed). We always fly out of Houston VERY early and get to Orlando around 11:00. I hope that's plenty of time to get to the Port, should be.

My planning has been very hush-hush because the DDs and our friends DDs don't know we are going and we aren't going to tell them until we get there and they see THE SHIP!! At least that's the plan. My DD10 is extremely nosy......wish we luck. I've been trying to come up with a good reason why we have to get passports. If anyone comes up with a plan, let me know:smooth: !!

We are sailing May 15, 2004.

It will be myself, Lisa, dh Steven, ds Cory (10), dd Morgan (6) &
dm-i-l Carol. This will be our 2nd dis cruise. We did the western this past May. We will be flying in the day before. We flew in the same day this past time, and it was too stressful.
We woke up late, had a delayed flight, ext. When we finally got on the AWSOME ship, we had the best time..... We booked our next cruise while we were still on board.

A dis-meet sounds great, unfortunatley, I missed the dis-meet on the this past cruise.

I'm sure we will be posting more soon,

Lisa

It would be fun to get together and your youngest daughter is the same age as my dd6, Carson!! I'm sure they'll be seeing each other in the Oceaneer's Club. I just wish it would get here sooner!!

We used to be until we switched to the Western a week later (22nd). Be sure the 'warm' the ship up for us!!!

Hey guys - we're coming too!

We did our first crusie on the 5/18 Wonder and loved it. Just wanted to comment on what a great time of year it is for sailing. The boat was not full at all and we were able to book everything we wanted.

2tinksmom - don't worry about arriving the day of. We did, with plenty of time to spare. Keep in mind the boat doesn't leave til the afternoon so you should be fine. This time we will be flying in the night b4 because I just think it really poops you out to have to get up so early for a flight etc so you don't enjoy your first day.

Bad news regarding the champagne brunch. I think its just for those 18 and older so your little princesses may not be able to come. (Although they can still get dressed up. On the Wonder there was a little girl dressed like a princess and had feathers on her dress. Well Donald Duck saw her feathers and needless to say he was very angry!)

Well 300+ days to go!

The feathers story is tooo funny!! Great to hear that the boat won't be too full, I'm planning on myDD Savannah(10) to have a little freedom on board and less people will make me less neurotic!! Yea, we knew the girls wouldn't be able to go to brunch.....we chose it so that they would still be able to dress for dinner (if we did dinner, they would have to eat with the club kids:( ).
Good to know too that we will have plenty of time....I freak out about being late for stuff.....Kinda like if your 15 minutes early, you're still 10 minutes late!!!
Thanks for your input, it helps me to relax (a little!!!).

Just a question for CRSNDSNY....I've noticed that more people take the Western than the Eastern. How come? We chose the Eastern for more days at sea and well, because we're from Texas and going to Mexico wasn't really a big deal. Just wondering.....

Originally posted by 2tinksmom
Just a question for CRSNDSNY....I've noticed that more people take the Western than the Eastern. How come? We chose the Eastern for more days at sea and well, because we're from Texas and going to Mexico wasn't really a big deal. Just wondering.....

We actually prefer more sea days, but we switched for two reasons:

1 - The week of the 15th was too busy this year at work, so it would also be a bad time for me to leave work next year. I had to change.

2 - We've only done the 4-day and the 7-day Eastern, so we are curious about the Western. It'll be something new for us! What we really wanted were one of the special sailings to Antiqua or San Juan, but those dates were not good, either :(

I think some people are attracted to that "extra" port. BUT, the extra port also means more $$$ overall. We loved the Eastern and were looking forward to it, but we had to make the switch.

I really can't do anything about what time we get to the port...we're at the mercy of the airlines. I was wondering, though, about making reservations for Palo brunch. I was reading a navigator somewhere and it said they started taking ressies at 1:00 which is probably about the time we will be getting in line to board:mad: . If we miss out, I won't be too upset, but it is something we'd like to do!!!

2tinksmom

I don't think you need to worry about Palo reservations. We were on a 4 day cruise and were on the waiting list and got called on I believe the 2nd night. Also, if the ship isn't full you will have a better chance. Also, you can try the brunch too.

Thanks, Ladygator!! I need all the reasurance I can get. I am most comfortable when I know all the options and can have a plan B, or C, or D.....!!:p

We will be on this cruise as well. DD will be almost 7, DS will be 4 1/2, DW & I. We plan on arriving day before cruise & stay at the Radison near the port.

We will also be going that week It will be our first cruise. There will be me, DH, DD 9 and DS 4. We are so excited. We have read everything we could find and watched the show on the travel channel twice!! May cannot get here soon enough:earsgirl:

Count us in too! This will be our 4th cruise but only the second with Disney. Our first with Disney was the Inaugural year--it was great. Sailing will be myself, DH, DD (10) and DD (8). Hope we can all meet while onboard.

Tracy

Thanks for responding....and it would be really fun for all of us to get together! It seems that a lot of the kids are about the same age. My oldest daughter, Savannah, will be 11 when we cruise (her birthday is in April) and my youngest daughter, Carson, will be 5 1/2 (her birthday is in October). Can't wait!!:Pinkbounc

Hey 2tinksmom I found your original thread we're cruising this date too

fredms - we were on the same cruise as you in May on the Wonder I know we didn't get to meet but how funny that we've chosen the same date LOL :)

This time we're on our honeymoon so not sure how socialable we'll be ;) ;) :p !!!

I know we have 2 threads running for this date and I wondered if a moderator could merge the two threads together???

Great idea for the merge and I'm very impressed with your thread finding abilities!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter