We're Staying @ the Crystal Cove Cottages / We're back, & it was great!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
Last year, someone mentioned the Crystal Cove Cottages, located in Laguna Beach. These cottages were built early last century (doesn't that sound funny to say) around 1915 - 1930 or so. Well, the land was given to the State of California who in turn made this area into a State Park. They've been renovating these cottages, and turning them into vacation rentals.

One of the cottages - I think the most southern one - was used in the movie Beaches. That cottage hasn't been renovated yet.

My coworker, my dd, & I will be staying at one of these cottages this weekend. We're going there this afternoon through Sunday. She's had a dream about staying at a beach cottage like the one in the movie beaches, and when this was shared on the DIS I couldn't pass it up. :goodvibes

There's no tv or internet. No stove. But there is a fridge & microwave, disposal utensils, and electricity & running water. There is also a snack shop & a restaurant that also offers take-out.

We are planning on having a really good time this weekend. I'll tell you all about it when we come back on Sunday. :)

Wow, what a fun weekend! We walked a lot and we laughed a lot. We were right on the beach, too.

Click on the pics for a slirghtly larger view.

Here's the cottage where we stayed - it's the red one with white trim with the nice big terrace.

This is a view that we had towards the cottages & Beachcomber Restaurant. This is looking north.

There were tidepools within walking distance.

11450DSCN1617a.jpg

And it was fun watching the surfers.

A flock of pelicans flying above us.

Sunset on a Friday evening.

I'll write a trip report, but I wanted to share some of the pictures first.

Those pictures took me back to my childhood. I am going to try for a fall weekday.

The cottages sound wonderful! Thanks for posting the photos. Can't wait to read your TR! Off I go to google for them!

What a great little vacation! Years ago, to the north of Crystal Cove, there was a stable where I kept my horse. On the weekends we'd ride down to Crystal cove and pretty much spend the entire day up and down the beach. My mom is an artist (watercolors, acrylics, oils) and has painted those cottages (see below) more times than I can count.

Glad you had a great vacation!!!!

crystalcove11.jpg

What a great little vacation! Years ago, to the north of Crystal Cove, there was a stable where I kept my horse. On the weekends we'd ride down to Crystal cove and pretty much spend the entire day up and down the beach. My mom is an artist (watercolors, acrylics, oils) and has painted those cottages (see below) more times than I can count.

Glad you had a great vacation!!!!

crystalcove11.jpg

What a beautiful painting. I used to ride horses from that stable!!! What a small world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter