Wet Weather Gear

heidispidi

Mouseketeer
(The rain I've got here at home right now has reminded me to bring this up).

We'll be at DL during winter, which I am assuming is one of the wetter times of the year. Also I know it rained quite a lot during the Halloween period. We of course want to make the most of our time at DL whatever the weather, which will require some kind of protection from the elements.

For those of you who've been around a similar time, did you take wet weather gear with you? Or buy it there as needed?

I have been researching wet weather jackets on the net and have found some that I like. However they are pricey, and I'm trying to justify (or not) the spend. Should I just stick with the clear plastic ponchos that can be found in the park? :confused3

(The rain I've got here at home right now has reminded me to bring this up).

We'll be at DL during winter, which I am assuming is one of the wetter times of the year. Also I know it rained quite a lot during the Halloween period. We of course want to make the most of our time at DL whatever the weather, which will require some kind of protection from the elements.

For those of you who've been around a similar time, did you take wet weather gear with you? Or buy it there as needed?

I have been researching wet weather jackets on the net and have found some that I like. However they are pricey, and I'm trying to justify (or not) the spend. Should I just stick with the clear plastic ponchos that can be found in the park? :confused3

I have a rain jacket that doubles up as an extra layer. For winter, I normally take this. SoCal is usually dry; although my aunt tells me that it has been unusually wet this year. And it is incredibly handy to have for NorCal.

DS has a rain jacket that we bought as part of his "school uniform". We will probably take this with us.

The clear plastic ponchos are about US$10 in the parks (might be a bit less or a bit more). They are about $1 in the US - but you need to be able to find the stores to get them.

If you go to an army disposable store or a $2 shop in Oz, you'll find them there for about $2 or $4. They can be quite small and easy to include in your luggage.

Hi, We found our waterproof windbreakers to be one of the best things we took for our trip. They are light and roll up quite small, and are easier to wear than poncho's. They are great for layering too, on the colder evenings putting these on top of a jumper was great.

Probably not the best time to buy them in Oz, so maybe some friends have them. We definately found the evenings cooler. Not sure where you're staying, but we popped back to our hotel and layered up on the colder nights. We carried our windbreakers when it was a wet day.

Kalice, we're staying at the GCH, so it won't be a problem to duck back to our room to layer up. I may be a bit of a fashion snob, but I'd rather wear something other than a poncho! I guess if I find a good jacket, it will come in handy at least for our one day in San Fran, for the extra layer of warmth, as Princess has said.

I looked in Kathmandu yesterday as they have a 'sale' on, but didn't like what they had on offer, and for the price. I'm heading more towards buying online from a US store and shipping to our hotel. Off to take another loo now...

As you know I'm a cheapskate so will be quite happy wearing my $2 Go Lo poncho while you and Jaymi wear your fancy blue jackets!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter