"We've gone too far"-A sister trip with surprise guest Irma! Sept 2017 - Completed 4/16

Fun Dis meets, all your food looks great at Epcot. It was so hot when we were there the end of August it was hard to enjoy the F&W booths. How cool to see Raeven again on the monorail.

It was nice meeting you!! I wish we could have joined you guys walking around World showcase. The boys aren't very talkative. LOL!!

Loving the trip report!

The boat rides sounds so pleasant, definitely a better alternative than walking in the heat!

Your caramel marshmallow from Germany looks amazing. Need to add that to my list of things to try!

Your photo on Frozen Ever After came out awesome!

Love the fish eye photos, especially the second one! And what a cool Stitch magic shot!

. I had wanted to get an Mmmhops to support my favorite boys from Hanson,
That was the thing I was MOST excited about on my one and only Food and Wine day in November '15. It was hoppier than I like my beer, but I HAD to have it!! :)

:offtopic: (I think I’ve mentioned before but I’m a Fire Protection Engineer, so end up noticing all the fire safety measures. Lauren has gotten so annoyed over the years that she has instituted a 5-fire comments per day rule. After 5 I get punched-hard! After I make a comment she will literally catch my eye, hold up her fingers and then put one down!)
This is hilarious :) Such a sister-thing!! I took a picture of Rob by the Fire Hose cabinet in the waiting area for Cinderella's Royal Table in December!

CX349yU.jpg
LOVE this!!!! Perfect!

Sometimes these turn out odd looking, but this is just too cute!

It looks delish! It was probably really fresh.

OK, if it is an 85 minute wait, why is that boat not full?!?!

Cute.

What an awesome thing to happen. I love that.
I think it was fresh, plus the warmth from the day made it nice and soft!

About the ride-I know! I think there may have been a couple larger groups next in line, but it seems they could have found someone to take the last row!

YAY FOR DISMEETS (of course lol)! That's too bad you didn't get to spend too much time with each other, but I mean at least you got to see a few DIS friends for a little while. :thumbsup2

I love the magic shots! The one with your sister and Pascal on her head is PERF. I think normally he's on the shoulder by the way his head is tilted so that's so awesome the PP photographer did that for you. Sad you still didn't get the Remy magic shot. Must've been so annoying. But at least the other Remys were out!

Omg the kid in the Imagination fountain. AN ICON. I didn't even realize you were down there when that happened.

That's awesome you ran into Raeven and Josh again! LOL @ them almost taking someone else's wheelchair. Would've been pretty funny if you didn't tell them about it, but also might've led to an awkward situation so good thing you didn't.

Can't wait to read about your last night in MK! :mickeyjum
I do like hanging with disfriends! It's always fun to have other people who love Disney as much as me!

Fun Dis meets, all your food looks great at Epcot. It was so hot when we were there the end of August it was hard to enjoy the F&W booths. How cool to see Raeven again on the monorail.
It certainly can be hard to eat more things when it's so hot! I don't remember if I had an actual list of food I wanted to try for F&W, but I don't think I checked off many of them! Oh well!

Yay, Hanson! :lovestruc
:love:

It was nice meeting you!! I wish we could have joined you guys walking around World showcase. The boys aren't very talkative. LOL!!

Loving the trip report!
Oh, they were fine! If my brother was there he would have been the same way!

The boat rides sounds so pleasant, definitely a better alternative than walking in the heat!

Your caramel marshmallow from Germany looks amazing. Need to add that to my list of things to try!

Your photo on Frozen Ever After came out awesome!

Love the fish eye photos, especially the second one! And what a cool Stitch magic shot!
You should check the Disney Photopass Facebook account; they have an album for each park showing which magic shots are available and where! I made a full checklist for March, but unfortunately didn't see many photographers in the special spots:rolleyes:

That was the thing I was MOST excited about on my one and only Food and Wine day in November '15. It was hoppier than I like my beer, but I HAD to have it!! :)

This is hilarious :) Such a sister-thing!! I took a picture of Rob by the Fire Hose cabinet in the waiting area for Cinderella's Royal Table in December!

LOVE this!!!! Perfect!

Sometimes these turn out odd looking, but this is just too cute!
She punches hard too!

For Hanson, I totally want to come up with a trip when I can see them perform at Epcot!

Day 9, Part 6 "Want a fastpass?"

After splitting off from Raeven and Josh, Lauren and I headed to meet up with Merida, which was a high priority for Lauren (her favorite princesses are Rapunzel and Merida). She was also wearing her Merida shirt, so it made sense!

Got in line for Merida, which thankfully was pretty short. Don’t know why Lauren was scowling though! I think she was tired of all the photos! :confused3

y3gcsfU.jpg

I was a fan of all the theming in the meet area, as well as the table for coloring! We thought the tapestry needed to have a mended rip down the center!
yyEzfJ4.jpg
cKb6oAB.jpg
uNmgGN6.jpg
wK3VTmd.jpg
vovuune.jpg

I think this ended up being my favorite Princess meet. Merida, Lauren and I all decided, that Lauren and Merida would go riding and practice their archery, while I stayed behind with the boys and baked treats with them. Then Merida would be in charge once they were all hopped up on sugar (well, Merida didn’t really like that part). She also made sure to ask if Lauren wanted a solo photo because of her shirt, which was appreciated because we probably wouldn't have thought about it :hug:!

rHH0WMP.jpg
qn8QkRm.jpg
eR71jOX.jpg

I don’t remember what FP I was able to get, but I think it wasn’t for BTMR later that afternoon. In the meanwhile, we decided to ride Tea Party again. A longer wait than pre-hurricane, but still only 1-2 rounds before we got on.

ykCjrcs.jpg
giphy.gif

I think we needed a water & A/c break, so we decided to head up to Gaston’s Tavern.

First, stopped to get some PP in front of Ariel

zfGBoZ1.jpg
2juTDBy.jpg

It was super crowded in Gaston’s Tavern, but thankfully a couple sitting at a 4-top let us share their table. We ended up chatting with them after I overheard their troubles getting FoP FPs (they were from the UK and hadn’t prebooked any FPs). [I know this next part will be controversial, but this is an honest TR, so thought I’d share] I actually had 2 sets for Monday morning, due to my method to get extra FPs (PM me if you are interested, just know it takes some effort). I realized we would only have time/energy to ride once so offered them the other set. The boyfriend and I were able to connect on MDE and I change-partied over to them, so they were very appreciative!

Once we were rested, we headed out, and got some more PP in front of Be Our Guest.

SJqduVP.jpg
Qr1sN0K.jpg

We requested the Lumiere Magicshot but the photographer wasn’t sure if it would work, as she was zoned for the castle, but due to hurricane damage she was in front of Enchanted Tales, which is supposed to have Chip. Well…. It worked! (We actually ran into her later and she remember us and asked if it worked, but it hadn't shown up in our accounts yet.)

RmpMdVb.jpg
cOQ1la3.jpg

Day 9, Part 7 A final romp thru Fontierland

We headed over to Frontierland and first stopped to see Maxmus’s hoofprints outside the Tangled bathrooms

d4rnEFY.jpg

Once we got to BTMR, it had just closed down for mechanical issues, so we knew our FP would be converting over to a multi-experience pass soon (it still showed as a BTMR FP for a while though, which meant I couldn't get another one right away). We initially decided instead to ride Pirates, but despite saying only a 15 minute wait, we quickly realized a lot of Big Thunder people had moved into line and it would be a longer wait, so we got out of line.

Instead, we were just in time to catch an Enchanted Tiki Room show

VLN5pkR.jpg
AbX7mGn.jpg

I want to say we also rode Magic Carpets, but don’t have photos, so we may not have! I did realize, however, my iphone charging cable had broken (the charging end had snapped off). So, even though I had a full fuel rod available, I had no way to connect to my iphone and I was getting dangerously low on battery! I finally decided to go ahead and get another fuel rod kit, as I knew there was no other option in the parks to get a new cable and I’d be too stressed out without my phone. (Normally I had an extra cable in my bag but unfortunately it had fallen out in the room that morning.) I tried to get one at the Fuel Rod kiosk Pecos Bill but the kiosk wasn’t accepting any of my credit cards, which was very annoying!

Meanwhile, we realized Big Thunder had just reopened, so we rushed over and decided to go thru the standby line. I think I vaguely knew of the interactive elements, but Lauren had no idea, so we had a lot of fun playing with those!

PYak3cZ.jpg
LQPllZW.jpg
CQ8ETsx.jpg
EYgTQDp.jpg
N7HmIkC.jpg
W3BVVW1.jpg

It was another fun ride in the wilderness!

It was getting closer and closer to our ADR, so rather than walk all the way back to New Fantasyland, we decided to hop on the train, which was just pulling into the station. (Didn’t get any photos on the actual ride because my battery was around 2%!)

76nrZSG.jpg

When we hopped off I actually stopped to pin trade with a custodial CM (for a cute Figaro pin-cat from Pinnochio). Found out that CMs can keep one of their pins in their pocket if they have an extra one for the lanyard. She had really liked a Snow White princess shoe which she had traded me for, and was hoping no one else would choose it that day. So, I went ahead and just pulled another random pin off my lanyard for her to have an extra one, which she said made her day!

Cont.. a frustrating dinner experience

Loving your four park day! You made pretty good time getting to all the places too! I am so happy your Lumiere photo came out! Lauren looks sooooo excited about it too which makes it better! Almost like she was sure it wouldn't work and the Surprise! It works! That was so sweet of you giving up the FOP FP and the pin! You had some good Disney Karma going this day!

Ooooh, I am intrigued by your controversial FoP FP exchange!!! :) #nojudgmenthere

I am always freaking out about my battery dying in the park. I hate being so dependent on my phone, but I use it for so much!!! MDE and pics especially!!

Frustrating dinner does not sound promising :-/

Merida's always such a fun meet. I'm glad you had fun with her. Bless the fact you didn't have a long line because I'm sure if it was busy, she would've rushed. That unfortunately tends to happen with her, poor girl.

I'm LIVING for all these magic shots! How lucky that you ended up with the Lumiere magic shot when she might not have had it. What luck!

Yay for taking time for the Tiki Room. So under-appreciated (even though Disneyland's is kinda better ngl).

As a former CM (particularly another MK Custodial CM), I can say for the most part when we have pins in our pockets, we want to keep them for ourselves (there are places where we can replenish our pins to wear on-stage so it's nbd to take some for ourselves). You must've made a good impression on this CM because I doubt she would've let you know about that otherwise.

How nice of you to coordinate and give your FOP to the people you met! Can you PM me your secrets when you have time. I am curious. We love the train!

Lots of tasty treats in the World Showcase. I love all the caramel options from the German pavilion, and I agree that the chocolate pretzel from Norway is a little different. The one with almonds is a lot better, in case you ever want to give it another shot.

How awesome that you ran into Raeven on the monorail. Gave you guys plenty of time to talk, which can be a hard thing to do during DIS meetups!

Sounds like an awesome meet with Merida. Your sister's shirt was really cool.

That was really nice of you to give the two guests your extra FOP Fastpasses! That's a major dose of pixie dust right there!!!

What a bummer your charging cord broke/ Was it an Apple one? Those suckers are the worst when it comes to longevity. Between Alex and I, we probably have six or seven lying around the house because they are so flimsy. Hope you were able to get a new fuel rod kit before your last 2% died.

We then stopped at the front area for one last phootpass shoot.
aplxJCT.jpg
Pk4ADMf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I know I'm commenting on something you posted months ago, but I have to tell you how much I love these photopass shots. They are easily the best I've ever seen! First of all, your costumes are on point; second, your poses are perfect!

She had really liked a Snow White princess shoe which she had traded me for, and was hoping no one else would choose it that day. So, I went ahead and just pulled another random pin off my lanyard for her to have an extra one, which she said made her day!
Man! You were spreading pixie dust all over! So, nice of you to share and extra pin and your Fp's!

I hope you got it back somewhere along the way. Although, it doesn't sound like it at dinner.

Also, took an awkward photo!
ONrkzly.jpg

:laughing: that one is a bit more awkward than the one Josh took. It looks like we weren't quite ready yet.

And one for me, it was supposed to be Remy, so we were a bit bummed to never get him!
C2WfqFE.jpg

Just pretend Remy lost his fur and grew wings :rotfl:

I didn’t take any photos, but I don’t think Raeven will be too mad I stole this one from her instagram :P!

1ZZcmdw.png

:thumbsup2

Then a wheelchair appeared and she was about to sit down before Lauren and I stopped her-it was someone else’s chair! It would have been pretty funny though if she did sit down in it!

:rotfl: This was so funny.

Loving your four park day! You made pretty good time getting to all the places too! I am so happy your Lumiere photo came out! Lauren looks sooooo excited about it too which makes it better! Almost like she was sure it wouldn't work and the Surprise! It works! That was so sweet of you giving up the FOP FP and the pin! You had some good Disney Karma going this day!
You know, it was actually easier than I thought! I think we did it in a good order too, only needing a bus for one park hop. Though I regret that we didn't also take a car or Minnie Van once, because then we would have used bus, car, boat, monorail, train in one day!

Ooooh, I am intrigued by your controversial FoP FP exchange!!! :) #nojudgmenthere

I am always freaking out about my battery dying in the park. I hate being so dependent on my phone, but I use it for so much!!! MDE and pics especially!!

Frustrating dinner does not sound promising :-/
Yeah, I don't do well with low batteries! Lauren said we could use her phone for anything MDE, but that is me giving up control-nope! Luckily my new phone has a much better battery, so I'm no longer worried!

Merida's always such a fun meet. I'm glad you had fun with her. Bless the fact you didn't have a long line because I'm sure if it was busy, she would've rushed. That unfortunately tends to happen with her, poor girl.

I'm LIVING for all these magic shots! How lucky that you ended up with the Lumiere magic shot when she might not have had it. What luck!

Yay for taking time for the Tiki Room. So under-appreciated (even though Disneyland's is kinda better ngl).

As a former CM (particularly another MK Custodial CM), I can say for the most part when we have pins in our pockets, we want to keep them for ourselves (there are places where we can replenish our pins to wear on-stage so it's nbd to take some for ourselves). You must've made a good impression on this CM because I doubt she would've let you know about that otherwise.
One of my favorite summer things is to grab a dole whip and chill in Tiki room when its super hot out! I'm sure you'll get the opportunity coming up shortly!

She was a very sweet, young CM. And I think appreciated chatting with some guests close to her age!

How nice of you to coordinate and give your FOP to the people you met! Can you PM me your secrets when you have time. I am curious. We love the train!
I do like the train too! Saves my feet!

Lots of tasty treats in the World Showcase. I love all the caramel options from the German pavilion, and I agree that the chocolate pretzel from Norway is a little different. The one with almonds is a lot better, in case you ever want to give it another shot.

How awesome that you ran into Raeven on the monorail. Gave you guys plenty of time to talk, which can be a hard thing to do during DIS meetups!

Sounds like an awesome meet with Merida. Your sister's shirt was really cool.

That was really nice of you to give the two guests your extra FOP Fastpasses! That's a major dose of pixie dust right there!!!

What a bummer your charging cord broke/ Was it an Apple one? Those suckers are the worst when it comes to longevity. Between Alex and I, we probably have six or seven lying around the house because they are so flimsy. Hope you were able to get a new fuel rod kit before your last 2% died.
I think Lauren would like the almond one, but I'm not a fan of nuts, so it doesn't work for me!

The cord that broke was one that originally came with the fuel rod kit. So they give one that is USB (connect to fuel rod) and a micro-usb, which can be used for Android phones (I believe). Then they have adapters that connect from micro USB-iphones (the lightning port and the larger version before that). It was the adapter that broke, so the rest of the cord still worked.

We then stopped at the front area for one last phootpass shoot.
aplxJCT.jpg
Pk4ADMf.jpg

Sorry, I know I'm commenting on something you posted months ago, but I have to tell you how much I love these photopass shots. They are easily the best I've ever seen! First of all, your costumes are on point; second, your poses are perfect![/QUOTE]
Thanks! And don't feel scared to comment on previous posts! I'm totally cool with it!

Man! You were spreading pixie dust all over! So, nice of you to share and extra pin and your Fp's!

I hope you got it back somewhere along the way. Although, it doesn't sound like it at dinner.
I'm good if the pixie dust goes and lands elsewhere (you know, pass it on style)

:laughing: that one is a bit more awkward than the one Josh took. It looks like we weren't quite ready yet.

Just pretend Remy lost his fur and grew wings :rotfl:

:rotfl: This was so funny.

Yeah, it would have been awesome if we had let you!

Cute pics with Merida! And lots of nice PP pics too!

What a nice pin trading moment with the CM!
Thanks!

Day 9, Part 8 A Frustrating Dinner

If you couldn't guess, we were on our way to Be Our Guest for a much anticipated dinner! I had gotten up so early on my ADR day to make it, so was pretty excited. Lauren actually got to eat dinner here on her first trip the previous July, and we both had lunch a few days earlier, but I had always heard glowing reviews of BoG, so I definitely was happy to get there.

After we got off the train, Lauren went ahead to check in, while I stopped in the circus tent to try to make their Fuel Rod kiosk work. I had the same problems with it not reading my credit cards but I think I got so frustrated and just kept swiping my credit card, eventually the system took it and I was able to get a new kit and charge my phone! Phew!

However... I found out a few months later (when I was chatting with a Fuel Rod representative at DCA), that if I had called the technical phone number on the machine, and explained my cord adapter had broken, they could take control of the machine, so when I put in an empty Fuel Rod, they would have sent out a whole new kit. :o I guess they have issues with the cords not working sometimes so are used to doing that. Oh well, would have saved me $30, but maybe it can help someone else down the line!

Anyways, I figured by the time I made it over to Lauren, she would have already checked in. Well…turns out BoG was far behind, so there was a huge line just to check in!

0cRDdMp.jpg

We finally got checked in and then waited 45 minutes to have our names called and let through the gate, then another 10 minutes for us to actually get escorted to our table! :mad: Meanwhile, plenty of groups of 4 or more were seated almost immediately >:(! It seems they just didn’t have enough 2-person tables (I was also spoiled because our previous ADRs had sat us extremely quickly)! It was so annoying and I was extremely frustrated! I think I was hangry, hot, and knew HEA was only 2 hrs after our original ADR, and I really wanted to see it again! :(

We were finally sat in the center of the Great Hall, which of course, was very nice to look at, even though it was very loud (I didn’t take many photos of the ballroom as we had already gotten photos on Tuesday). I was originally hoping to get the West Wing, since we hadn't eaten there, but didn't want to bother wasting time to request it. We did get to see one instance of the Beast walking through the ballroom.

gde89LN.jpg
KjVA3dw.jpg
cS92NTW.jpg

Lauren ended up ordering the French Onion Soup to start, which she loved. I think I just had rolls (do they bring out rolls for BoG dinner? I don't have any photos!)

QyXxIw2.jpg

For main courses, we each got the Steak Frites, only I asked for fingerling potatoes instead of fries. Not that I dislike fries, I just really like roasted fingerling potatoes!

ytw1wZ1.jpg
q3z6DFJ.jpg

I was very disappointed in my steak. Even though the flavors were there, it was so tough! I really had to saw at it with my knife just to cut off a piece! The potatoes were also too crispy and not softer like I like them. Lauren wasn’t as disappointed as I was, but I don’t know if I will really bother to be back, unless I am bringing a WDW newbie. I did consider making a reservation for December now that they are switching it over to a signature meal, but I think I'd rather use that money to go to a new place.

For dessert, I ended up getting The Gray Stuff, which our waiter decorated with a Minnie bow.

kSGkEPL.jpg
iLQNC9m.jpg

I was a bit bummed out that they didn’t do the brownie version, as I didn’t love the white chocolate mousse option. I preferred the cupcake from lunch!

One thing I do have to say for BoG, they have very fast service! I guess they know they need to get people in, fed, and out since it is in such high demand. I think we were at our table for the same amount of time we were waiting outside.

Once we were done eating I sent Lauren over to get in line for the Beast, while I paid the bill. It ended up being a pretty long line (and was confusingly set up, as some part of the line was with the suits of armor and some parts were in the library, but the CM was trying to make the whole line in the library. It also ended up being such a long wait! Probably close to 20 minutes! Which was again so frustrating, as I knew HEA was starting soon!

PpBbIaW.jpg
7nYoMTm.jpg
gf2EHz9.jpg

The actual meet was fine. I mean, its cool to meet the Beast especially because that is the only place he meets. But it wasn't exceptionally memorable.

VEY7qYu.jpg
WzjD6h3.jpg

Overall, the venue was nice, the service was good (and very fast), but the food just wasn’t up to par. And the wait times were really ridiculous!

We ended up walking out of the restaurant just as HEA started, so I knew we would be missing most of it. For some reason I got it in my head to go thru Liberty Square, so I rushed us thru Fantasyland and LS into the Hub, where we could only find a spot where a tree obstructed our view of the projections. I was pretty annoyed, and was actually getting annoyed at my sister for not being as annoyed as myself (yeah doesn’t make sense)! :mad: At least I don’t think I snapped at her or anything.

So yeah, just a lot of being frustrated and annoyed, especially since I knew it was our last time at Magic Kingdom (at least on that trip) :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter