What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Basically, ground beef mixed with uncooked rice, some minced onion, salt & pepper, rolled into meatballs, and put in the pressure cooker with tomato soup and a little water.

This is basically Grandma's recipe: Porcupine meatballs - allrecipes.com, though she called for half the rice, and the same amount of pepper as salt. We've always made them in a pressure cooker. The recipe I have calls for 10 min at 15 lbs, let the pressure come down on it's own; or 15 min at 15 lbs, and release the pressure right away. I put them in the Instant pot on normal pressure for 15 minutes, and usually release the pressure manually.

They're definitely comfort food in our family. Sometimes served over mashed potatoes (mmmmmm!).
Aww...thanks for this. :lovestruc My Dmom used to make porcupines and they looked just like that. Good memories! I miss you, Mom. :littleangel:

We're having beef stroganoff tonight. I was away on business a week ago so I suspended our Hello Fresh order. That means I'm back to meal planning and shopping, and using the chance to make some of DH's favorites from scratch.

Aww...thanks for this. :lovestruc My Dmom used to make porcupines and they looked just like that. Good memories! I miss you, Mom. :littleangel:

We're having beef stroganoff tonight. I was away on business a week ago so I suspended our Hello Fresh order. That means I'm back to meal planning and shopping, and using the chance to make some of DH's favorites from scratch.
Funny! I was just making a grocery list with the ingredients to make beef stroganoff tomorrow night.

Feeling better tonight, but taking it slowly on the food. DD and SIL are back from Disney, so they, DH, and the little guy had burgers on the grill (first of the season) with sauteed mushrooms and cheese, with Caesar salad (bag from Trader Joe's). I had a scrambled egg (with no "overt reactions," fingers crossed!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter