• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What a great trip we had to Ontario. . Thanks for all your advise before we went.

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
Well we are just back from our 7 day vacation in Ontario. We drove over 2100 miles with in the seven days and saw so much.

We went to the Toronto Zoo which was wonderful. Our DD and I love zoos and this one was great. We got to go behind the scenes of the lions area and see some of them up close and got a lesson on how they are taken care of it was great.

Day 2 we did the driving waterfall tour in Grey County couldn't find one of them and didn't look for the last but it was a fun day. - We had a great dinner at Tony's Iron Skillet in Collinwood. I would recommend eating there if you haven't. The rainbow trout was to die for and my DH loved the ribs. The 2 teenagers enjoyed their meals also.

Next for DD we went to Canada's Wonderland - Not my cup of tea but the kids had fun but were dissappointed when a storm approached and they didn't get to complete all the roller coaster rides. DH and I were ready to head back to camp.

On Wednesday we did the Bruce Pennisula - FANTASTIC!!!! We took the boat out to flower pot island and had an awesome picnic. Then we drove along the bay side awhile before heading to Sauble beach to watch the sun set. Then headed back to the campground in Craighurst - It was a long day but FANTASTIC.

Thursday, we slept in and headed to Midland - Walked the city looking at the beautiful murals on the buildings had appetizers at the crab shack (I think that was the name) on the docks - then at 7:15 we headed out on the Miss Midland for a sunset dinner cruise - I think this was my favorite - The food was great the views just breath taking. What a beautiful area. I would love to live on one of those islands in the bay.

Friday we packed up and headed for our one night stay at the Niagara Falls KOA - (wouldn't stay there again - a train runs all night long on the back side of the campground - not much help when trying to rest up for the long drive back home) - The falls were great but, the food at the Table Rock Rest. was the worst food I've ever eaten and everyone agreed - It was a waste of $110 - Canadian for LUNCH - We had to eat somewhere else again since we really didn't eat at all except the chowder and onion soup which was very good but the meals were awful.

Drove back home on Saturday - Now back to the real world. You have a beautiful province.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Sounds like you had a nice time (except for the last meal, I'll remember that place). Thanks for coming and spending some bucks here, the economy really can use some help!!!!!!

Wow, you made me want to get out there and enjoy my own province. Sometimes I think we forget the beauty that is here in our own backyard.

Hi ~ we spent the week camping and visiting Niagara Falls too. We were in the Falls area on Saturday night and the meal prices were nuts. We stopped in TGIFriday's just to look at the menu ~ salads were almost $20! My favourite Falls area meal in the revolving restaurant in the Skylon ~ the early dinner (4:30 and 5pm seatings) are $33 for adults and less for kids. Compared the the other restaurants ~ the Skylon is a deal and the food is awesome! We had the brunch at the Table Rock last year, it was $20 p.p. but the view was spectacular. I love the Falls area. We camped at Rockwood and listened to a train during the night too. Glad you enjoyed Ontario! COME ON BACK! S

I am so glad your trip to Ontario worked out so well. The Zoo is great. My youngest dgrdd absolutely loves it. They have annual passes to it so they go often.
tigercat

I am really glad you had a good time on your trip. I live in Collingwood right around the corner from Tony's Iron Skillet. It is a beautiful area to live in. You missed the big Elvis weekend this past weekend. It is really well done with lots of great entertainment.

Next time you'll have to come in the winter. There is nothing more spectacular than skiing down the mountain on a sunny day looking over Georgian Bay and the Town of Collingwood!

Hi Crazyforpooh I have seen the MissMidland about 10 thousand times never actually been on it but we wave to everyone on it when it goes past we always cottage in the Honey Harbour area on Pic Nic Island and you go right by it on the cruise. It is so nice up that way so much to see if you have a boat or know someone that does anyhow. Glad you enjoyed the trip and come again to see us soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter