What are my chances?

Hey it's Kris

Disney is a way of life
How difficult is it to get a mixology class once on board since it’s already sold out online?
I booked a mixology class for my husband and myself for our up coming cruise on the Magic at 90 days out, now that the rest of my travel party (all first time cruisers) are able to book their activities the class we booked isn’t available.

We had this issue with a martini tasting on the Magic last month. It was full by time our fellow travelers were able to book. We checked once we were onboard (we were first in line since this was the back half of a b2b) and that class was full and there were no other options that all of us could change to. The individual told us to check with Guest Services closer to the date as space usually opens up once people see what other activities are happening at the same time. Sure enough, we were able to add a couple extra people to the same tasting the day before.

I have been successful in getting into booked classes by going to guest services when I board. There, you can often be placed on a waitlist for your preferred time (you can also call from your stateroom to check on this, I just always have better luck in person) or get booked on a new time that was previously unavailable. I did this if I/the husband first went to the booking place (la piazza or wherever) and saw that what I wanted was full before the online booking thing started. I have also been told that I could just go to the bar when the event started and see if there was space available due to no-shows. It is probably worth mentioning that we are only a party of 2, however.

If you class is already booked, your friends most likely won't be able to get in, unless there is a small number of them. Then they can get on the waiting list once you get on board. Just go see Guest Services. If you have a big party, unfortunately, that many spots don't normally open up. If they open a new class, you would possibly be able to switch your time, so you and your friends can all go together. Again, Guest Services can help with that!

Thank you all for your suggestions! Since we are just looking for 2 more spots I’m hopeful now that it will be possible when we board :thanks:

Thank you all for your suggestions! Since we are just looking for 2 more spots I’m hopeful now that it will be possible when we board :thanks:
One thing to remember if you take a cruise with 'newbies' again. (Too late for this cruise) You and your husband can split up so each of you are booked into a room with one of the members of the other couple. Everyone in a cabin gets to book at the Castaway Club level of the highest person in a cabin. (So in a cabin with a Gold, Silver, and 1st timer, all 3 get to book activities at the Gold booking date.) Then, once on board, you can get your room keys coded to work the cabin where you are actually sleeping. The only downside is that you would do your lifeboat station with the original booking, not the updated spot where you are actually sleeping.

We just recently had good luck on the Fantasy Thanksgiving week signing up onboard. We went to a bar in adult area and signed up right when we boarded. They had a whole list of classes. We went to Rum Tasting and Chocolate and Liquor tasting. Enjoyed them both. It's probably a different spot on Fantasy.

Had the exact same question and you beat me to it this AM ;)
What others commented on the thread makes sense.
I plan on going to GS early after embarkation and go on the waiting list for all tastings (except the 2 we're signed up already)

Srsly, I can't recommend the tastings experience enough.
Besides the decent drinks you get and getting a nice buzz on the cheap before dinner, often times you get to meet and interact with the coolest people.
A couple of years ago we met with a group from Ireland at the Meridian for a tequila tasting which was 1 hour. We ended up chatting and laughing it up for hours after.
Best adult activity on the cruise bar none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter