What are the advantages of staying at a Universal Resort?

We definitely prefer to stay on site at both wdw and UO, but find that staying onsite at UO much more of a gamechanger than staying onsite at wdw. We love the Disney bubble, but the ep perk at UO makes for a totally different trip. It’s a must for us. We’ve stayed at all three deluxes and prefer HRH and RPR over PBH, but all are really Disney deluxe at Disney moderate prices. Just such a different experience with ep vs without ep.

I agree with others, onsite at Universal is more of the perk than at WDW with the EP at the deluxe hotels that include it..

Though Sapphire Falls isn't one of the 3 EP hotels, I really like the feel of Sapphire Falls. Aventura felt very millennial, that's not great or bad, just unique. We really like Aventura's food court. (I think both hotels are closed now). Both are very new and felt super clean.

Though a few small ways WDW deluxe hotels might be better than US is that the WDW deluxe hotel rooms tend to have balconies (though not all). Universal's hotel rooms don't have balconies. Also, except for very few 'standard' view rooms, the WDW hotel room views all tend to all be inside-the-WDW-bubble views. Some US rooms face the theme parks, but many look towards rooftops and/or a highway/roadway located off Universal.

Another offbeat difference is the availability of electric car chargers. As of last summer, WDW only had a few, and they were mostly located at the parks. I think WL and the new Grand Destino (really for all of Coronado, but located beside GD) were among the only resorts to have them. I'm not sure if all the Universal hotels have them, but the 3 deluxe hotels do. For that matter, I'm not 100% certain the Universal parking garage had chargers, but I think it did. Both properties might have added more chargers since then.

The WDW Club level and the US club levels are also comparable, but not exactly the same. For one thing, 2 of US's CL's are open now, but WDW's are all currently closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!