What are the best counter service restaurants at MK and AK?

meeko_33785

<font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font
I'm looking for good (air-conditioned) counter service restaurants at MK and AK and I'm curious on everyone's oppinions. At AK, I usually do Tusker's but I have not been that impressed with the food lately. I liked Restaurantsaurus when I tried it last year and was not impressed with Pizzafari. At MK, the only Fast Food place I've been to it Pecos Bill's which was OK, but not great IMO. I was looking at Cosmic Ray's and the Plaza Pavillion in Tomorrowland. Anyone have any oppinions on those or have any other sugeestions for good counter service lunches at MK?

Cosmic Ray's is good if you can find seating inside. When we went a few weeks back, we ate at Columbia Harbor House and this was excellent food (for counter service) and if you go upstairs it is quiet and a great way to cool off and get your thoughts together.

As for AK-I don't like any of the food places. We just made sure to eat a good breakfest and then after touring the park we went across the way to Uno Pizzaria and that is delicious if I might say so.

Flame Tree at AK was very good.
But we sat outside by the water.

Kae

Columbia Harbour House gets 4 thumbs up from our family.

A nice varitey of food and a quiet sitting area upstairs. We also went to Pecos Bills and didn't really like it (although it seems like many do!!)

At MK, Columbia Harbour House and Liberty Tree Tavern are both pretty good to eat at and in air conditioning. Cosmic Rays is okay but every time I have ever stepped in there it was completely crowded (had to wait for tables to open up and this was at 1:15 p.m.) and the entire area always looked a mess due to the constant foot traffic.

At AK, I say Flame Tree but outside dining area by river and Pizzafari. Restaurtasauras (sp?) is just a basic McDonald's in AK. If I want McDee's I will go looking for one anyplace other than in WDW. Although I love AK (I am an animal person) none of the restaurants are outstandingly good/memorable.

MK -
Columbia House is a must for us ! Upstairs is great, especially by a window to people watch.
We also like Plaza Pavillion. Kids like the pizza. DH and I get the Italian sandwhich and a large salad and split it. We often eat late, getting a table by the wall where we can watch evening parade and fireworks.

AK -
Flame Tree, by the river is also our vote.

We ate at Cosmic Ray's last year on July 2nd. The food was very good, and I liked the variety at the different counters. We ate during the evening parade, and the place was practically empty. (We had seen the parade a couple nights earlier.)

I really enjoy Cosmic Rays. I tend to have the soup salad combo (very good) whilst DH goes for a burger or steak sub. :) I agree tho it can get very busy at times.

We really like Columbia Harbour House in MK.
In AK the only place we've eaten has been Pizzafari, and we've always enjoyed it. So I guess I can't really help with that one.

we got a very good hot dog at Casey's. although the outdoor seating was really crammed together ,the indoor "bleachers' were empty when we were there and i think it had ac.( it wasn't hot as I remember at least) and topped it off with a freshly made choc chip cookie ice cream sandwich from main st. almost across the street.( had to split it, it was so big) there were airconditioned ice cream shop type tables in the back of the "store" to the right of the bakery... yummm! great lunch!

at MK I have to vote for Cosmic Ray's. They have a big selection (for a counter service restaurant) and a lot of seating. Yes, it has always been crowded when we've been there, but never had a problem finding seating.

At Animal Kingdom, we usually go to Restaurantosaurus. My kids like McD's & I know they will eat all of their lunch that day. Not the healthiest option, I know, but sometimes it's hard to get my kids to eat a full meal when on vacation b/c they are too excited to do EVERYTHING else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter