what are the chances of a code coming out for mid August??

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip down to disney from around August 16-24 and need a code. I see the discounts for AP are available during that time but I am not an AP.
I need some some people who can see the future!!!!

Do you think we will see a discount on the moderate hotels? If so, approximately when do they come out? If at all. Does disney wait to see how full the hotels are before offering a discount?
We really would like to stay at a moderate but for over $40 per night more that is a little too much for us.
Thanks, and I hope that some of you can give me some hope of getting to disney this august.

andychris14 said:
I am planning a trip down to disney from around August 16-24 and need a code. I see the discounts for AP are available during that time but I am not an AP.
I need some some people who can see the future!!!!

Do you think we will see a discount on the moderate hotels? If so, approximately when do they come out? If at all. Does disney wait to see how full the hotels are before offering a discount?
We really would like to stay at a moderate but for over $40 per night more that is a little too much for us.
Thanks, and I hope that some of you can give me some hope of getting to disney this august.

I don't think there will be a code, but why not use AAA room discount?

I do know about the aaa discount. I priced the moderates but it is still $129 plus tax per night. I still want the price to go down further. Thanks

Just to throw some ballpark numbers around, and assuming you will buy park tickets anyways.

Value rack rate 8nights and first MYW 7day
$100 x8(nights) + $200(aprox) = $1000

AP value rate and 1 Annual pass
$75x8 + $400 = $1000

Moderate rack rate + first MYW tickt
$150x8 + $200 = $1400

Moderate AP rate + 1 annual pass
$99x8 + $400 = $1200

(Additional MYW tickets cost the same on all rates).

So if you are staying 8 nights the moderate with 1 annual pass purchase will cost you about $200 more than staying in a Value resort and buying MYW tickets. I used NON hopper and expiring tickets, if you are going to add features to the MYW tickets then the price will be even closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter