What are you buying on impulse?

What have you bought recently that was not necessarily financially savvy?

• Total voters

Carol_

DIS Veteran
I try. I really do. But this pandemic can’t hold me back!
I bought shares of McDonald’s today and I’m feeling the rush of an impulse shopper!

What have you bought recently on a whim?

Vacation home!!! Not really an impulse, as we have been saving and watching inventory for years. Without knowing when we will feel comfortable flying or cruising again, it feels so nice to have what feels like an exotic place we can drive to and from in a day. Guaranteed my kids will remember 2020 for the rest of their lives...making tasty lemonade out of lemons!

Honestly, everything. I've bought a lot of organizing things, and haven't worried about the costs. If there is something I discover the house needs, I don't wonder if I should buy it now or later, I just get it. A ton more snack food, more Disney pins, and as a PP said, LEGO (although we had a useful pre-virus backlog of sets to put together that we have mostly worked through).

Top Ramen noodles ... I have never eaten this item How did I survive college? Now I keep searching and trying different flavors and experiment with chopping vegetables, etc. First the reg Chicken Noodle, then I saw Roasted Chicken flavor =Like but not in supply anywhere so I bought other flavors and also that super easy ramen cooker to use in microwave, then discovered the chili flavor and the soy sauce flavor and the beef.
I love them all. Haven’t tried that shrimp something flavor tho.... anybody know if that is good too?
Thanks
Living in Florida I am starting to think about hurricane survival and toilet paper. I hope nobody breaks into my car and takes my Kierland Costco TP and towels.

I picked tools. We’re in the middle of installing hardwood floors. Biggest tool purchase was the table saw we gave in to to make the job easier. We’ve borrowed most everything else we don’t see much of a need for in the future.

Hand sanitizer is the one impulse purchase I can think of that I purchased when I saw some on sale at Walmart. I hate hand sanitizer and work from home now and have plenty of opportunity for hand washing with soap. I thought, though, this might be good to have for a day trip I am doing this Friday and a mini vacation I am doing in August.

I recently bought a teal 8-quart dutch oven that was on sale. I've been wanting one for a long time but they were too expensive. For Father's Day I bought my husband a boat building kit that's he's been eyeing for a long time. Everything was on sale and I know he'll get 100s of hours of enjoyment out of building it and taking it out on the small lake that's about a mile from our home. Early on the pandemic, I got some workout equipment since I can't go to the gym.

Vacation home!!! Not really an impulse, as we have been saving and watching inventory for years. Without knowing when we will feel comfortable flying or cruising again, it feels so nice to have what feels like an exotic place we can drive to and from in a day. Guaranteed my kids will remember 2020 for the rest of their lives...making tasty lemonade out of lemons!

We decided to get a quote to have a pool put in next spring....it's been a few weeks, both places we called are swamped and we are still waiting for our quote!

I am starting to think about hurricane survival

Us as well, time to start thinking about that time of year-

New car. Bought one two years ago as our "retirement" car. Retirement was supposed to happen now, but cost of healthcare has pushed it back a year. We have 4 cars, 1 is a Sunday Driver, and were trying to decide which of the other two we will keep as our backup car. 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with 144,000 miles or 2007 Taurus with 107,000 miles. My mechanic voted for the Taurus to stay, but said we might want to consider either a newer used car or a new car and dump them both. Mountaineer went away, the Taurus will go away when we actually retire.

I chose 'chocolate' bc I buy lots of food... all of this has made me cook and bake even more than I used to...and I didn't like the feeling last spring when I couldn't buy certain ingredients,so stocking up it is! Oh,and I bought an area rug that I'd been wanting for years now.... ya know comforts of home and all....

Hidden anxiety is coming out and I am buying pandemic supplies, everything that was not available for so long. I need to send my college girl back with supplies, and I also fear that once schools K-College start up again, we may have shutdowns and supplies will not be available again.

I now forbid myself to buy anymore hand sanitizer or masks for the family. I still want to buy a couple more cleaning sprays although I have not been able to find the one I have used for years--409 spray--since before the pandemic. I have not seen a canister of disinfectant wipes in months but I just found an unused one in the basement from last summer, I think. I will re-moisten.

I bought a few more boxes of whole wheat pasta. Just every grocery order, I intend to buy a few extra pantry goods or dry goods,--nothing major. I never was one to overbuy as I don't have a lot of storage space and it has never been my mentality. But anxiety and definitely being understocked this spring is changing me some. But I mean it--no more hand sanitizer or masks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter