What are you buying on impulse?

What have you bought recently that was not necessarily financially savvy?

• Total voters
Well, my first impulse buy earlier this year started out with buying this cool art photo of Native American-inspired Star Wars stuff. It's painted by a Hopi artist. It's so stinking cool. I framed it and hung it on our wall.

And then, of course, it needed a friend to go with it. So now I've got a Mandalorian print, too...an art photo of a Mandalorian helmet totally painted all over with Hopi designs.

Next, I'm going to buy the stormtrooper helmet one. And then the Darth Vader one. And yesterday, I bought another of the artist's prints, but this one was a Hopi sun design in some colors that go really well with the R2-D2 and the Mandalorian helmet prints that I already have.

Also on a whim, I decided that our guest bedroom needed to be decorated Jungle Cruise style. On an impulse, I bought a "DANGER! HIPPOS" sign off of Etsy...then it snowballed into getting a Jungle Cruise map. And then a new duvet cover to go with the theme. And...and...and...

All I need now is a pith helmet and a pair of lamps that are Jungle Cruise-y.

Not really an impulse buy but, I got a new tablet. I have an old Nook tablet that I read on and it has become very old and slow so I needed a new one. But I went with a nicer, mid range tablet instead of the cheap one this time. I love it.

An Amazon Fire 8. With wifi. Absolutely did not need it, wasn't shopping for it, never even considered buying one right now. But it's on sale.

i bought myself new sheets and i'm trying to hold off on buying a charcoal grill because i know we will probably only use it a few times a year. I almost bought books the other day and a chest freezer. For whatever reason I just want to spend money right now, it's terrible!
Oddly enough, I’m not spending anything like usual even though we have remained financially secure. But travel is our big splurge, so maybe it isn’t so odd. Also we do have an unemployed child so I want to make sure we have resources in case he needs help.

Oddly enough, I’m not spending anything like usual even though we have remained financially secure. But travel is our big splurge, so maybe it isn’t so odd. Also we do have an unemployed child so I want to make sure we have resources in case he needs help.
I normally don't spend much money in the summer except for vacation and school shopping because I don't get a paycheck and we are living on savings. But I think I'm seeking out retail therapy because 5 months of virtual isolation has me feeling down. I'm doing my best not to give into the impulse though.

None of the categories apply to me. I have stalked various websites for basics, including TP & sanitizers & jumped on them, even if I didn’t have an immediate need. I also bought 2 Disney Dooney & Bourke purses I didn’t need or plan on. And I just bought a small chest freezer. Not quite sure it qualifies as an impulse exactly, because we did talk about 2 weeks. I have never in my life needed or wanted one but I am pretty sure things will get bad again. I think getting more supplies now will help me stay out of stores & ease my mind this winter. I have become a pandemic hoarder. :rolleyes:

A couple of months ago I impulse bought a curling iron off of Sephora online. It's a t3 base with one of the loose curls wand attachments. I felt so guilty at the time but it was around my birthday and I ended up getting a cash gift from my parents that covered the cost. My impulse spending has been wayyyy down as of late because I'm in the middle of paying off debt.

My lululemon spending during the last few months is mildly/moderately embarrassing. Spending so much time at home meant I needed a lot more comfy wear and fewer work clothes... and I may have taken that to an extreme. ;)

I did really good from March-June saving as much money as I could and pay down a couple small bills. Then came end of June and I broke and bought a horse! Dang it, like I needed another horse. Then comes July just 35 days after the horse purchase I turned around and bought a pool table for our rec room. Hopefully this will be it for big purchases for now. LOL

update - we received the pool table and of course it's cracked in half. So now were waiting for the shipping company to come and pick it up. And of course the one I purchase is out of stock now and had to order a different one, that one is on back order. Crossing finger that it arrives in one piece!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter