What are your biggest splurges?

I once bought post season baseball tickets off stub hub. I also bought tickets to a cavaliers game. These were very rare occurrences. I'm planning to buy tickets to Beatles Love in Vegas next May and School of Rock at the theater near us. So I guess those are splurges for us.

I also consider pedicures to be a splurge.

LOVE is my favorite Cirque show :)

Splurges-having someone else detail my car, pedicure (usually do my own but splurge 2 x year), hair (color, cut and good quality products). I have also always splurged on good quality skin care products-even as a broke college student.

Eyeglasses for my family and bathing suits for me. The only things I will pay full price for, although I do have insurance helping with the eyeglasses, but my lenses are not covered, so they are a splurge.

My rule for glasses is that since it's the only item we wear 365 days/year, everyone should get something they love, so they try on every pair without looking at price, and we pick the best look and best frame for the lense. And when the doc says we need to move to the uncovered lens (b/c it's WAY thinner, better for glare, etc), I do it. I pay $700 for my glasses every 2 years and it's the best money I've ever spent. Headaches and red noses from the weight of my old glasses are gone, they never slip down, they reduce my glare issues, etc...If I could splurge on surgery, I would, but I'm a horrible candidate (every eye doctor I've ever had has told me that) and if I could use contacts, I would, but I am blind enough I can't see them anymore, so that's a no go, too...so glasses, it is:)...

Now, bathings suits are also bought about every 2 years for me, and I want one that fits and looks good, so I don't care what that costs...a 2 piece usually runs me $100 and I get about 100 wears out of it (including summers at the pool, vacations and hotel pools, etc)...

I guess it would be vacations. We did Italy in May (budget, but it still added up). We are doing a super budget Disney trip next month, we are going to check off all "free things to do on Disney property" boxes. Next august we are tent camping through Maine. Once again, sites are cheap, $22-55 a night but gas, food, junk shopping will add up. Then I hope to swing a week of free dining next fall.

For me with would probably be concert tickets and Broadway show tickets (NYC). I typically always have at least tickets to one show at any given time and I don't mind spending a large amount of money on tickets if I truly want to see someone or a particular Broadway show.

I also spend a lot on a personal trainer and fitness in general - I do it because I am not one to go to a random gym and just start working out - but instead, I go to a private studio and get a full body work out 4 times a week and know that I'm doing the "right" thing at the right pace and making progress. It just works for me and being scheduled means you better be there...or have a good excuse if you can't show up - LOL.

Other than that I tend to be careful budget wise.

We go on some sort of Disney vacation every year. Be it wdw DCL or DLR or a Disney beach resort. Probably one day we will do the foreign parks, adventure by Disney, and aulani as well. They're huge compared to the rest of our spending, but we are so happy living the way we do. We don't miss the things we give up but we would definitely miss Disney

Pedicures about every 5 weeks from end of March to about mid September. This started off with my DD when she was in college, as a way to start off spring break. In case you are wondering, DD still tags along with me, money wise, those are a splurge, but now that DD is getting married in early January, "pedicure time is priceless" to quote the MasterCard commercial.

I'm trying to think of a splurge but every time I think of something, I also think "well, that doesn't count cuz I NEED that!".

8-)

I splurge on my kids at Christmas and birthdays. My DD's makeup costs a stupid amount of money and my DS loves computer-tech stuff. So spendy!!

Travel. We do something Disney every year. Even after having our second child.
Pedicures sometimes
Broadway and Lincoln Center

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter