what are your "must haves" for a disney trip?

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I was looking on amazon to start placing some Florida gear in my cart, and then I had the thought to post on here to inquire about some of your guys' must have items for the parks?

I need a new portable fan/mister, so I already have that in my cart. What else do you guys pack to make your Disney trip easier?

Thanks in advance!

I was looking on amazon to start placing some Florida gear in my cart, and then I had the thought to post on here to inquire about some of your guys' must have items for the parks?

I need a new portable fan/mister, so I already have that in my cart. What else do you guys pack to make your Disney trip easier?

Thanks in advance!
In Aug I bought a Disney cooling type towel in one of the parks, you thoroughly soak it, pull it or wring it out and place around your neck and it stays damp for ages, I'll be packing mine again for sure. Also hand wipes.

Very interesting! Where did you get it?

The less crap to haul into the parks the better in my opinion.
Head inside to cool down.
Walk up to QS for free cup of ice water.
Only thing I definitely do suggest is a poncho and I refer Disney's as they are heavy duty and long. I don't like being wet and I don't want to change my plans to accommodate the rain.

I got it from a stand in magic kingdom, I can't remember the area, it wasn't inside a shop though. They have pink or blue with Mickey heads all over it, it was a life saver at the time !

For the parks, when it's hot and humid. I bring a fan and a washcloth. I like the washcloth better than the cooling towel.

I like to bring an insulated bottle, especially when I want to have a cold beer. I usually bring it to EPCOT and AK. I do not drink the beers fast enough and they get warm quickly. Then it's always good to fill up on water in between beers :)

Disney pins for trading. Ponchos - the good ones from Disney really keep you dry, but they are heavy to lug around. I get the cheap ones and just throw them out. Super light and fit in a small pocket in my backpack. I used to bring an entire pharmacy with me, but the first aid stations have EVERYTHING you need.

A box fan for our resort room! Obviously not something that you need in the parkd, but it is essential for me! It's easier for us because we drive down and can load down the car with stuff, but even if we flew I'd have to find a way to shove a mini fan in a bag. I just can't sleep without one, and I'd spend my week cranky and tired.

Disney pins for trading. Ponchos - the good ones from Disney really keep you dry, but they are heavy to lug around. I get the cheap ones and just throw them out. Super light and fit in a small pocket in my backpack. I used to bring an entire pharmacy with me, but the first aid stations have EVERYTHING you need.
Do the first aid stations charge a fee?

Thanks in advance!
1. A UV umbrella that serves as both a parasol and a rain umbrella.

2. A sturdy pair of waterproof Tevas sandals.

Other than that I keep it as light as possible, as lugging a heavy bag through WDW all day & into the late evening is a pain. I avoid bringing water bottles, especially, as water is heavy. Yes, you can save a few bucks by carrying your own, but the experience cost of having to lug them around should be considered, too.

That's an important piece of advice for park touring, actually. Don't overpack.

Ponchos (good ones)
Extra pairs of socks (to help prevent blisters)
Band aids
Brita Bottles with good insulated bottle carriers
Hats
sun screen
Water mister fans. (I found ours at Bed Bath & Beyond) Extra batteries for the fans too!

I'm another one who doesn't lug a lot around the parks, I don't carry a bag so I guess a must have for me is shorts/skorts or sundresses with pockets big enough to hold a phone and a disposable poncho or with belt loops so I can hook my umbrella on them. I have a little pocket thing attached to the back of my phone that I put my ID, CC, a little cash and my AP card in - and my room key if staying at Swan/Dolphin. My glasses go around my neck, a hat on my head and I'm good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts