What can we do for a fun "Girl's Weekend" in WDW over Mother's Day?

MosMom

<font color=deeppink>Damn you, you wretched clown!
I'm heading down to WDW over Mother's Day weekend for a girl's only weekend! My friend and her daughter (2) are going to accompany me and my daughter (5) to WDW! We're leaving the boys home and we will spend 4 lovely nights at Coronado Springs. This is probably the last time I will be able to do this as my son will be older and will not appreciate anything involving "girls only" and "wdw" in the same sentence. ;) I'm HOPING to get Cindy's for breakfast on Mother's Day (fat chance eh?), we're doing the new luau (because my daughter is absolutely obsessed with hawaiian culture thanks to Lilo & Stitch :) ), and of course Chef Mickey's. Anything else we could do to make it an extra special girly trip? ;) We were thinking about making some nifty t-shirts or hats. I can't wait!! I'm getting so excited!!!! *eeeek* ;) I feel like there is so much to do and show them that 5 days won't be enough time. :p

I believe you can do mother spa treatments (manicures, pedicures) at the spas. The 2 yo may be a bit too young but I am sure your 5 yo would get a kick out of it.

The Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian!

From Deb Wills' site:

Afternoon Tea Offerings

The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $24.50 per guest

Prince Edward's Tea - a delicious array of duck liver en croute, country pate, potted crab crostini and marinated fresh berries, served with a cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh baked scone served with fresh Devonshire cream. Your choice of tea selections and a glass of our Sandeman's Founders Reserve Port $20.00 per guest

Tea for Two - A selection of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts and our freshly baked pastries, complete with a choice of two teas. $35.00 for two

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complimented by fresh strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea. $17.50 per guest

Sally Lunn Tea - Sally Lunn rolls date back to the 18th century where they were baked fresh, then sold on the streets of Bath England by the creator. Here at the Grand Floridian, we have carried on this tradition of this sweet yeast bread served lightly toasted with apricot preserves. This is followed by a choice of either trifle or strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea. $12.50 per guest.

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the younger tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of 2 pastries $8.50 per guest

A La Carte Offerings

Gentleman's Platter - duck liver en croute, country pate, potted crab crostini and marinated fresh berries $10.50

Fruit and Cheese Plate - an array of seasonal fruit and a selection of fine cheeses $12.50

Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - $8.50

Strawberries and Cream - $6.95

Pastries - $2.75 each

English Trifle - $6.95

Two Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves - $3.50

Tea Bread (2 slices) $3.50

Two Jam Tarts - $3.50

Sally Lunn Bread - $3.50

Lemon Pound Cake - $3.50

Traditional Tea Selections

English Breakfast - Pure China Black tea

Darjeeling - Considered one of the finest teas in the world

Irish Breakfast - A rich, smooth and full bodied tea with a quiet taste

Ceylon and India - A classic; blended Assam and smooth Ceylon

Garden View Bouquet - An unique mixture created by Harney and Sons exclusively for the Garden View Lounge

Earl Grey - Four types of tea infused with Oil of Bergamot and a touch of citrus flavoring.

Formosa Oolong - A gentle brown unblended tea with a fruity aroma

Organic Green Tea - with citrus and gingko

Flavored Teas

Jasmine - From the Kwinglung Province refreshing and fragrant

Hot Cinnamon Spiced - A mixture of Black tea, orange peel, three types of cinnamon, and sweet clove

Black Currant - A mixture of black teas flavored by natural Black Currant

Herbal and Caffeine Free

Chamomile - A tea with the flavor of ripe apples made with the finest Chamomile flowers from Egypt.

Peppermint - A delicious beverage made from dried peppermint leaves.

Raspberry - Infusion of raspberry and hibiscus , served hot or iced

Lemon Verbena - light and refreshing, a favorite during summertime

The above tea selections are $3.00 per person.

I would love to go to the Afternoon Tea with my mother. I have a feeling though that she would think that she had to act stuffy, so she wouldn't relax and have fun. :p My mom doesn't have a stuffy bone in her body, so it would be an awkward afternoon for her I think. :p LOL! :p

If the 2 yr old is potty trained, what about the Wonderland Tea Party for the girls & afternoon tea for the Mom's?

What about the family fun tour (I think that's what it's called) in the MK? They have them 2ce a day & you go on a search for either Captain Hook's best hook, or something else I can't remember right now.

If you can't get in to Cinderella's, maybe you could go to 1900 Park Fare. We really like that one & it's kind of "elegant" & might appeal to the girls because of Alice & Mary Poppins.

What about taking them to the Ice Cream Social over at the Garden Grill in Epcot?

I don't know if you could afford it, but what about having mother-daughter portraits done back in Liberty Square? That would be awesome! I know they can put 2 people on the same one. Or . . . my parents had silhouettes done one time. I know they were less than the chalk portraits.

Well, I don't have any suggestions.....
but I just wanted to say HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! ENJOY!!! :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter