What did I just Eat?

famsen

DIS Veteran
I just ate the corn tortellini dish at Be Our Guest. Why is it served in the pasta water? It was soggy pasta and a few vegetables in a wet water bowl of water. Is this a thing? I've been vegetarian for 30 years but never had anything like that. I miss the old BOG menu.

Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini - roasted corn and peppadew relish, rainbow cauliflower, and asparagus with a corn-infused nage

So I had to look it up. Nage is a French term for a flavored liquid in which food is poached. So it sounds like that is what the liquid was supposed to be. Doesn't sound particularly appetizing, though.

Well I may have got the nage but there was no "infused" flavor of any kind. It literally tasted like pasta water. It's a very watery , bland dish and a very unusual choice for the nly vegetarian option. I enjoyed the old BOG menu and experience much more. I'm sad to say that.

I don't know about any of this stuff but I love your post title! Assuming you are going to MNSSHP tonight (based on being in MK at 5:00PM and the candy in your profile pic), have a super night!

How disappointing! I did see it on YouTube and remember thinking that it looked quiet... wet.

I’m still torn about whether or not we will keep our BOG ADR, because I really wasn’t sold on the sole vegetarian option, and this is not making me any more enthusiastic about it.

First? I am SO SORRY that you got to experience "BOG Dining", in all it's glory:(. Now, I have no idea if you normally use DDP, TIW, or OOP.

I DO have a suggestion....? GET OUT OF THE PARKS. MK? Grab that lovely Monorail. Hit the Cal Grill at the Contemporary, Citricose's or Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian... or even the "kinda" good Restaurants at DS (Bus)?

BOG is a Cafeteria. It's always BEEN one, it REMAINS one :(. It's a LOVELY Cafeteria.... Best architecture with "no food" I have ever seen :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

First? I am SO SORRY that you got to experience "BOG Dining", in all it's glory:(. Now, I have no idea if you normally use DDP, TIW, or OOP.

I DO have a suggestion....? GET OUT OF THE PARKS. MK? Grab that lovely Monorail. Hit the Cal Grill at the Contemporary, Citricose's or Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian... or even the "kinda" good Restaurants at DS (Bus)?

BOG is a Cafeteria. It's always BEEN one, it REMAINS one :(. It's a LOVELY Cafeteria.... Best architecture with "no food" I have ever seen :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I kind of agree, but I’ve only been there once. It was a one and done for me. Beautiful atmosphere, but the food was just okay.

For a vegetarian it *was* good. Not cafeteria food at all for the first couple years.

Then the soups stopped being vegetarian, then they dropped the...quiche?

And now this? Yuck.

What's the vegan option? Maybe that's a better future option for vegetarians...
That is the vegan/vegetarian option.
Center-cut Filet Mignon
Robuchon Yukon Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Cipollini Marmalade with a Red Wine Glaze

Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini
Roasted Corn and Peppadew Relish, Rainbow Cauliflower, and Asparagus with a Corn-infused Nage

Spice-dusted Lamb Chops
Roasted Salsify, Baby Zucchini, Charred Tomatoes, and Royal Trumpet Mushrooms with a Lamb Demi

Poulet Rouge Chicken
Faro Wheat Risotto, Seasonal Vegetables, Crisp Pancetta, and Garlic Butter Sauce

Saffron-infused Seafood Bouillabaisse
Seasonal Fish, Maine Lobster, Shrimp, Confit Potatoes, and Baby Fennel

Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Crispy Berkshire Pork Belly, Caramelized Cipollini, Roasted Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower Purée, and sprinkled with Bacon Dust

It might just be corn instead of ricotta. I had corn ravioli at Trattoria al Forno without any ricotta.

The title of the dish is smoked ricotta and corn tortellini...and with the lack of any other creaminess to the dish, I can't imagine just dropping the ricotta would work (although, I guess the dish doesn't work as is, either, if Op's experience is the norm)...

The title of the dish is smoked ricotta and corn tortellini...and with the lack of any other creaminess to the dish, I can't imagine just dropping the ricotta would work (although, I guess the dish doesn't work as is, either, if Op's experience is the norm)...
Duh, you are correct. Missed that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!