What did Teresa Say?

Sooo, because some of us understand sarcasm, have a sense of humor, and aren't offended by such things, we're brainwashed? And also mindless? That's super-respectful, thanks. I'm gonna go pray to my Dis altar now - right after another tall glass of Kool Aid :worship:

I don't drink the DIS Kool-Aid. I drink the DIS Mint Julep.

Sex work, really? She said "BLT" while making the "a lot of money" signs with her fingers, and at the mention of All Stars, literally rolled her eyes and said " those people have no money"....that's funny? I also found her demeaning and belittling on the free dining podcast as well, and but that's another topic. Insinuating that a whole group of people that choose to stay at All Stars are poor, is funny? BTW, I've never stayed anywhere in Disney other than deluxe villas so far, so I'm not just "sensitive about being poor" as you all say, I'm an MD. I'm also not always looking for something to complain about, as this is the first thing I've ever complained about on these boards. Obviously, I was raised to respect EVERYONE, no matter their income or hotel choices. And just reading the transcript doesn't show her eye roll, hand "money" sign, and flippant facial expression. But some people just blindly follow their "idols"(no idea why she would be one, lol) and like naive little children, believe they can do no wrong. I also find it ridiculous that on these boards, as soon as someone criticizes anything Dis or disney related, even when justified, they get slammed. I love Disney, but I'm not a mindless Dis defender, and I obviously haven't drank the kool aid as you all have.

You lost me at "I'm an MD". What does that have to do with anything?!

Edit: I'm not an MD and I stay at deluxes. Mentioning you are a "doctor" has nothing to do with anything other than flexing your ego.

Now HERE'S a doctor who has a sense of humor. I bet he also stays at the Grand Floridian, IF you know what I mean....

DEFRsVeXoAQsoSa.jpg

Sex work, really? She said "BLT" while making the "a lot of money" signs with her fingers, and at the mention of All Stars, literally rolled her eyes and said " those people have no money"....that's funny? I also found her demeaning and belittling on the free dining podcast as well, and but that's another topic. Insinuating that a whole group of people that choose to stay at All Stars are poor, is funny? BTW, I've never stayed anywhere in Disney other than deluxe villas so far, so I'm not just "sensitive about being poor" as you all say, I'm an MD. I'm also not always looking for something to complain about, as this is the first thing I've ever complained about on these boards. Obviously, I was raised to respect EVERYONE, no matter their income or hotel choices. And just reading the transcript doesn't show her eye roll, hand "money" sign, and flippant facial expression. But some people just blindly follow their "idols"(no idea why she would be one, lol) and like naive little children, believe they can do no wrong. I also find it ridiculous that on these boards, as soon as someone criticizes anything Dis or disney related, even when justified, they get slammed. I love Disney, but I'm not a mindless Dis defender, and I obviously haven't drank the kool aid as you all have.

Um Yes it was about sex work. If you didn't catch that than it is what it is. I'm not a mindless Dis defender by any means. I actually made the transcript because in another thread people were attacking Teresa and not even bothering to listen or watch and flat out saying they wouldn't. You are allowed to feel have you are but it really doesn't seem like you respect everyone if you call any of us who don't see what T did as wrong mindless Dis defenders who have drank the kool aid. I can tell you 100% I definitely have not drank any kool aid. Also not a naive little child either. So if you want to respect everyone as you were raised maybe you should use less pointed language?

Also I grew up dirt poor and couldn't afford a Disney vacation and saw nothing wrong with it at all. It was a joke banter between Pete and Teresa.

I really hope that I am raising my children to have a sense of humor and IF something does hurt their feelings, that they can accept an apology and move on. Sometimes jokes don't land as funny to everyone, sometimes people say things that come out wrong, sometimes people say things that are wrong. It happens. That is life. It doesn't mean they are a bad person or an uncaring person. The important thing is that an apology was made to those who felt it was necessary.

I don't always agree with everyone on the podcast all the time (BTW, @Teleclashter I love Backlot Express :cool:), but I appreciate their opinion, which is just that, their opinion (good, bad or ugly). From the amount of love and work that all of the Dis Team put into the podcast, the forum, their clients, and yes even their fans, it is evident that they care. Lay off, seriously.

Last edited:
I used to blindly follow the koolade man until he kept crashing through walls. #debrishurts

I followed the podcasters more when they were more open and honest. How many Disney podcasts are there these days? I don't want the polite white-washed Sesame Street version. I miss Pete screaming at the pizza delivery guy on FFF. I want to relive Kevin's soup kitchen Thanksgiving (imagine the hate that title would get these days). I want Craig to be sardonic and Steve to mispronounce brie, and I want Pete to mock them about it.

The shows have gotten too polite and too nice to all mankind. Show us the pig the night before the luau, not just what he looks like with an apple in his mouth. Then take all the hate mail and post it proudly on the forums.

I started thinking about the way I took what Teresa said, and I was way past anything anyone here, with the possible exception of Llama, thought. If you want a painful look into my mind, google Rosie O'Donnell movies, and it isn't A League of Their Own

I started thinking about the way I took what Teresa said, and I was way past anything anyone here, with the possible exception of Llama, thought. If you want a painful look into my mind, google Rosie O'Donnell movies, and it isn't A League of Their Own
Are you an Exit to Eden fan?

Part of the reason I LOVE the Dis (and Teresa and the rest of 'em) is that their podcasts are NOT totally PC. They voice their opinions and criticisms of Disney, and of course their praises as well, which I find few and far between with all of the podcasts out there. Plenty of them just blow smoke up Disney's butt and don't talk about the real stuff, like contract negotiations, legal battles, dirty bathrooms, etc. I find their humor and candor refreshing, and I'd be sad if they were overly censored. We're all adults here and can take a joke, and I feel bad that Teresa probably feels bad for her comments. Girl go get yoself a Twisty Treat.

PS. Soup Kitchen Thanksgiving was one of my favorite episodes!

When I first heard the comment I laughed and knew there would be complainers. There was no need to apologize but now that she has I wonder if the dead horse can just be left to decompose.

There are people out there who aren't happy unless they are outraged about something...and I do appreciate the irony in that.

Last edited:
A person that gets entirely worked up over something somebody says on a podcast has entirely too much time on their hands. I disagree with plenty of what gets said on podcasts that I watch, I don't always have the same sense of humour as others and sometimes that means I don't fully appreciate jokes that are made. This is life, you move on. I don't understand how people have so very much time on their hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!