...What did you end up doing with your lightsabers once you got home?

Sitting in their case hidden behind a cabinet in my office. Collecting dust.

Mine were for the kids - 9 and 5. Some toys have staying power, these so far have not. They will probably remember / want to play with them again just when I least expect it.

Still in the carrying case on the top shelf in my closet lol I want to display it on the wall but my upstairs neighbor likes to drop weights on the floor or something and I’m afraid of it falling

Hello there!
Despite the fact that I thought the lightsabers would be a "buy and display" thing, I still bought the Savi's saber and the legacy Luke saber. Call me a kid, but I still mess with them on an almost daily basis. I don't know why, but I just really enjoy the way they activate, the weight, the feel, everything. It also helps that my DD is enamored with them as well. It's nice to take them off the shelves and remember the feeling when we were building them and the experience, but I'm also a Star Wars nerd. May the Force be with you!

If I had the resources to build one it would go on display in my bookcase next to my childhood Millennium Falcon and other ships and toys that I have. To add to the point, for me it's not so much of playing with something or physically touching it, just looking at it, even if it's a momentary glance it makes me feel happy, memories of what it felt when I built it (my droid) or when I played with the toys, I have a stuffed Super Grover that's prominently displayed and I often look at it when I'm feeling say or upset.

Ha, nothing. We showed them off a couple of times, and now they are in the closet. The intention is to mount them on the wall in the tv room next to the original Star Wars poster on the wall, but so far that hasn't happened.

Hi, just wondering how you fly home with them, do they fit in your case or do you take them in as hand luggage?

Ha, nothing. We showed them off a couple of times, and now they are in the closet. The intention is to mount them on the wall in the tv room next to the original Star Wars poster on the wall, but so far that hasn't happened.

Love the honesty.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail, but I bought the hilt display stand because I intend to separate the hilt and blade--the blade can go into storage while the hilt goes out on display. Not sure where I'll put it yet since the house is a mess; my guess is that its first home will be on my dresser and it might move to the living room or the movie room from there when I've got things in better order and can make space for it. The big thing is getting it out where I can see it right away so I don't leave it collecting dust in the closet.

Also got a belt clip so I can wear it to sci fi conventions. I'll probably bring the blade along on those occasions in case I want to show off the full effect or get photos, but I'm most interested in displaying and wearing the hilt since the bladeless hilt is what a real lightsaber would look like when it isn't activated.

Edit: As I'm sitting here thinking of what outfit I'd wear if I want to have my lightsaber on my hip, it occurred to me that my Dr. Strange costume would be fun in terms of seeing how many people noticed what was "off" about the outfit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!